Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum And now for something c...
the Blog New Enhancement Film Typ...
0 films ranked
You Explore Interact Resources
Search
Profile All Your Rankings Starred Reviews Your Best TCIs PSIs Kumpels Wishlist
Random Film
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters (2007)
Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters is an action-adventure epic that tackles the mysterious circumstances that brought Meatwad, Frylock and Master Shake together. An immortal piece of exercise equipment threatens the balance of galactic peace, and it is up to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force to run away from it. Complicating matters, the Plutonians team up with the Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past for ultimate control of the deadly device. (First Look Studios)
Genres: Comedy, Animation
Country: USA
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na NightGoat72
na NRM01
na Audhumla
T10
Rated 99 instead of 100 as I was physcially in pain from laughing too much.
na CRAYON
na spookyjon
T1
This is me being generous.
na megalonziro
na elephantgun
na GrandGrommet
na spacekraken
T2
I'm a fan of the show, but unfortunately this is a classic case of stretching a thin premise out way too far. ATHF works in fifteen minute chunks, but not for an hour and a half. It probably could have been done well somehow, but they didn't do it here. But it scores big points for the opening which is classic and should be shown before all films in theaters in the future.
na BoringRobots
na moonsmilk
na nesetril
na mpowell
T3
Possibly the most hilarious opening scene I've ever watched... followed by the most insufferable film.
na indifferenti
na imnotlaughin
na danastevens
T3
ATHF can seem brilliantly deconstructive one moment and stupefyingly boring the next--or to provide a more accurate ratio, it can follow five brilliant seconds with five straight minutes of boredom.
na micah
na icromaholicx
T3
Extremely disappointing. I love the show, and surprisingly I only actually enjoyed the first 10 minutes of the movie. I found it hilarious. Then suddenly the funny stopped.
na cowpig
na JohnMatrix
na Jet
na pilgermann
T3
Well, this is an hour and a half of ATHF. If you like the show you'll get a kick out of this. I'm a casual fan (meaning I haven't watched the show in several months), but I laughed a lot. It's an absurd and pointless movie and it entertained me. Unofortunately the filmmakers did nothing to elevate this above the usual television episode.
na samael1
na cratnip
na Mr_Solex
na Teorema
T3
Pretty funny, but there is a reason why episodes are 15 minutes long.
na AbortedHugs
na HyphenateMe
T3
Pretty meaningless unless you have seen the show before, but even if you have it's just one big surreal, overdrawn joke. By "overdrawn" I certainly wasn't referring to the animation, just the length of the movie.
na Ayavaron
T3
The show works because each episode is a ten minute dose of weirdness. You watch, you are perplexed and when it is over, you laugh at the insanity of it. Now, held longer, with wimped out attempts at a longer plot, the effect is lost and fatigue sets in. It's just a long, rambling and random, but not fun.
na goubot
na Proto
T7
the series works better in small doses. And you aren't already a fan, don't bother.
na MattCarlson
na Milk-plus__
na wallyphr
na hank
T1
I love the show, I hate hate hated this movie.
na epicbud
na catweazle
na Squin
na chow25
T10
A lot smarter than many beieve it to be. Like watching an entire season at once. Bad point: There should be a smoking break in the middle of it.
na GateOvNanna
na decathect
na Creeper
na FailFarmer
T5
If you like ATHF, you'll like the movie. Nothing too special, but more of the same. That will either appeal to you or not, but it's not going to sway you if you aren't already a fan.
na willow
na bing
na sarahreno
na jkathrens
T5
The film version holds together surprisingly well for a cartoon that seems ideally suited to its 11-12 minute format. Unfortunately, this was just about the last time I enjoyed anything AquaTeen related. It's worn thin at last - I give them credit for taking it as far as they did.
na laughtermade
na Skitchima
na what side
na teknicolor
T8
A fun movie, if you like ATHF. I think it would take too much explaining to make it funny to the uninitiated. One huge inside joke, and I was laughing all the way.
na Dustyd
T5
more surreal than funny, but worth a look for fans
na spookey
na adrenaline
na partible
na mongo
na Bruce
na TripleSH
T1
I love ATHF. I hate apologizing to my friends for bringing them to the theater to see this movie. I love Master Shake. I hate when people bludgeon a good idea. I could go on, but my heart is broken.
na Quimbo
na MentalCritic
na wcsae
na ShitHappens
T7
As a fan of the show I enjoyed it, but if anyone did not like it, I would COMPLETELY understand why.
na Jeb
na UponDoom
na sdunstan
na Mrx
T1
This is one of the most profundley stupid movies I have ever seen in my life. I admit, there are scattered laughs in this movie, but simply being described as "Absurdist" doesn't give it a pass to just act stupid for so long and think its funny. I hadn't seen the show before I saw the movie, and a movie that featured a box of french fries, a meatball, and an incredibly unfunny shake ended up dragging so much that I just couldn't finish watching it. That has never happened to me before.
na MorisBelvins
na wokhedinn
T2
Aqua Teen Hunger Force may work well for an 11 minute setting, but 90 minutes of this brand of comedy is just way too much to bear in an active sitting. Despite its ridiculous length and cobbled together narrative, the movie is worth watching strictly for the awesome as hell opening 5 minutes.
na miiiiiles
na otakat
na Dak9885
na shahness
T7
Somehow, they managed to take the offbeat, insanity-laced comedy of the 15 min series and beef it up to feature length. The plot doesn't make much sense, but doesn't need to, definitely a film to watch with a bowl pack (or several bowl packs).
na purity
na Cerebrus
na Eggza16
na Trooth
T2
It's basically an extra-long episode of the TV show. You probably already have an idea in your head of whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.
na Launch
na captain
na 82588
T7
I am still at a loss as to what makes Aqua Teen Hunger Force so damn funny to me, but nevertheless, I still felt a little wary walking into the feature-length on a cloudy Saturday matinee. Much to my surprise, and eventual delight, Colon Movie Film For Theaters felt exactly like a 80-minute episode done right. It's admittedly not for everybody, but it felt just right for me. The Mastodon intro is still just completely awesome.
na ZombieBuffet
na Bacchanalian
na blibblob
na TerrificFool
na jpj2
na SlantMag
T7
"A second viewing with a joint in hand awaits to determine if it's the worst movie ever made or a fierce act of movie-film revolution." - Ed Gonzalez
na noir23
na NRM02
na dkbritt85
na weirdyoda
T9
WTF, amazing. Simply incredible.
na sourbeer55
na sthamm88
na DMCrimson
na StarSiren
T5
A lot better than I expected. The opening is hilarious.
na NathanChinn
na gibb3h
na Leybick
na leadfoot
T7
The film starts off amazingly and then slowly goes downhill then picks itself back up again for an utterly ridiculous ending. I love ATHF on TV but as a movie, I don't think it is near as easy to convey the ridiculousness of the show across an hour and a half.
na Dimonte