Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
profile
Beast (2011)
Your Rating
500 characters left
Summary: When Bruno (Nicolas Bro) finds out that Maxine (Marijana Jankovic) is cheating on him, he decides to test her. But how far will he go?
Country: Denmark
Directed By: Christoffer Boe
Written By: Christoffer Boe
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Ratings
loading Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na darthfrede darthfrede
T1
na AndreasThau AndreasThau
T3
If this films pictures hadn't been so damned beautiful, it would've fallen completely through. Notice that Boe accomplishes to give his slow motion shots of a snowy Copenhagen a 3D-feel that is much superior to real 3D. The rest, though, is sorry. Nicolas Bro is really bad, the film is disgusting and the story uninteresting and badly written. A pure struggle.
na Auke Briek
T8
na Henrik Henrik
na kino.dk
T6
na ibodirector
na waddayanuts
T7
To my own surprise I actually found this very entertaining. It's laughably pretentious and Nic Bro is way over the top but that's all fun stuff. I enjoyed watching him clowning around as a megalomanic beast (clever, huh?), especially opposite the cool, down-to-earth Lie Kaas which really makes Bro look like a fool. And then there's all the gory Zulawskiesque expressionism which is also fun in a 'this is way too sick and needless'-kind of way. All in all a nice little comedy.
na mbaran mbaran
na imdb imdb
T5
na Langelund Langelund
T2
Most pretentious movie of the year? You know something's way off when Nicolas Bro acts like he's in a high school horror play - equipped with equally bad lines. Boe hasn't made a truly great film since 'Reconstruction', but this is disturbingly bad.
na elviniselvin
na Onderhond
T10
na Bagger Bagger
T4
As much as I appreciate Boe seeing Bro as his Muse, he is usually the part I enjoy the least about his films. He is fortunately not as load-bearing here as in Offscreen, and the movie is actually a surprisingly even and horryfying experience, and as always extremely beautiful, but this beast needed more flesh on its bones.
Average Tier 4.07 from 15 Rankings rss