Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum Menace II Society
the Blog Order Filmmaker List by ...
0 films ranked
Share Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: Astronomer Carl Sagan leads us on an engaging guided tour of the various elements and cosmological theories of the Universe. (imdb)
Country: USA
Directed By: David F. Oyster
Starring: Carl Sagan
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na eCitizen
T10
Carl Sagen is absolutely marvelous in the telling of these complexities of the cosmos. He helps to make the study of the cosmos accessible to the average man, explains things in ordinary language and expresses an enthusiastic sense of awe and wonder. He is absolutely mesmerizing in the telling. I really can't recommend this series more highly. A masterful work deserving the highest praise.
na alteregus
na skippdiddly
na DaeSanye
T10
Sagan convinced me to finally buy a telescope and start watching the sky.. his enthusiasm for the material is really infectious and although the material is outdated it's fun to watch anyways...
na teente
na giggs
na soraxtm
na Kublai Khan
na Stain
T9
Sagan seems to be slightly condescending to the audience, but, then, if I was as smart as him, I'd be condescending to the television audience, too. Very engaging
na RotciV
na PastyPilgrim
na Zen Lunatic
na CMonster
T10
Not enjoying this is the equivalent of saying, "I have no curiosity about anything. I want to spend day after day at a dead end job and never learn anything new. I will die alone as a shell of a human." The link is for one of the Symphony of Science videos that uses audio from famous physicists and astrologers and turns it into music, the ones with Sagan are definitely the best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc
na lucidquasar
na chalkeater
na samcoarse
na forehead1
T10
Phenomenal documentary series bringing together the wonders of the universe and all its atoms in a fascinating,educational yet immensely accessible production.Sagan's still-valid lectures guide us through everything from basic evolution to theories of other dimensions,accompanied by a dreamy Vangelis score and special effects that still stand up today.The at times overdone historical recreation scenes shave half a mark off its overall rating,but thats nit-picking:This is bona fide "must see" TV.
na syenigun
na Neoptolemos
na krononot
na Vauth
T10
Essential viewing to update our perspective and purpose as we enter the 21st Century. Everyone should watch this right now.
na topaz420
T10
Carl Sagan is one of the coolest guys that has ever lived, and this is your chance to hang out with him for a few hours. That's all you need to know.
na Sience
na davillasenor
na jps_1
na obtiosov
na sanelyidle
na moviereclee
na NBD Rab
T10
It's quite easy to summarize this series with one word: Wonder. Wonder for the history of science and for its future. Truly inspired and inspiring.
na Possebon
na russcore
na jps
na kyle.loomis
T10
Probably the greatest documentary miniseries ever made. Suck it Ken Burns.
na crticker
na jmejay
na imdb
na Proximity
T10
Even now, this series is profoundly interesting. Sagan's unfathomable brilliance ages like fine wine 30+ years hence.
na lee182
na Tylerlee06
na kojiroh
na frankswild
T10
This series did a wonderful job displaying mankind's possibly unique position of scientific observation. Carl Sagan's sense of wonder and reverence is inspiring. I unfortunately still haven't seen all of the episodes
na nathanaa5
na Frink
na honeycuttwc
na AMGorski
na erenarpacik
na Stradivarius
T10
Probably the greatest thing ever to be on TV.
na bafflegab
na mfield
na zamanzaman
na jodamico
T10
Simply and profoundly beautiful.
na hellboy76
na olla
T10
Most likely the greatest piece of television ever to be broadcasted.
na ARUCARD
na juanpsala
na Greenforaday
na Noblet
T9
Very engrossing and interesting, though it looks a bit dated now. Sagan's pure sense of wonder and awe at the universe is infectious.
na Fredericks
na Gideon
na Dalen_Quaice
na mattorama12
T10
Should be mandatory viewing, especially for people who aren't interested in seeing it.
na nikiforos
na lexwhitfield
na geoxes
na Komond
T10
Watching or not watching this shouldn't be at option at all. It should be part of schools schedule. Of course, the conductor Carl Sagan and hiw way to print his joy for everything, from biggest things to very little details, has a lot to do with that.
na robixsmash
na lilarc0r
T10
A real shame it wasn't shot in a different format and I wish it had less of those horrid computer graphics.
na Kagemand
na Oxforce99
na IdahoSpud
na mwgerb
T9
Brilliant. I've read so much Sagan and similarly styled books by the time I watched this that a lot of the science and history felt familiar. Where this really succeeded (at least from my perspective) was where it discussed our future; the warnings against our own self-destruction and the celebration of our hopes and dreams were incredibly powerful. Recommended viewing for all human beings.
na apuma
na oralet
na frbrown
na Uhrmacher
T10
A beautiful perspective on the tininess that is humanity and what humbling vastness lies beyond Earth.
na kylefilms
na oguzhaners
na nightvalen
na jpsala
na Verge
na emtilt
T10
I'm convinced that this is the best mini-series format documentary ever made. It draws from other great documentaries, like Attenborough's Life on Earth, but moves beyond what they were. It conveys the awe and wonder of the universe better than anything else, while at the same time teaching both interesting facts and, more importantly, logical thinking. It was ground breaking, and had a huge impact on later science documentaries. It inspired many working scientists to become what they are today.
na pecnj
na jps_base
na FunkyAstro
T10
Carl Sagan really leaves you breathless with his mystic character and his soothing explanations of what most consider relatively complicated subject matter. Cosmos has endless re-watch value and is enjoyable by anyone of any age. This series should be required course in order to graduate high school.
na SmooveJ