Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum Return to MOM Movies of...
the Blog Order Filmmaker List by ...
0 films ranked
Share Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: Authorities brutally quarantine a country as it succumbs to fear and chaos when a virus strikes. The literal walling-off works for three decades until the dreaded Reaper virus violently resurfaces in a major city. An elite group of specialists is urgently dispatched into the still-quarantined country to retrieve a cure by any means possible.
Country: UK
Directed By: Neil Marshall
Written By: Neil Marshall
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Buy
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na Mochard
na TomSawyer
na d_drudges
T4
Apparently you can't leave the Scots alone for 30 years without them reverting to the Dark Ages. The beginning is very promising but as soon as the action starts everything goes to shit and the movie becomes an awkward mishmash of various movies. It's a shame since the premise is great and one that I often think about when watching mediocre apocalypse/zombie movies.
na deep
na moonsmilk
na tipkin
na td888
T7
That was bloody fun, Mad Max meets 28 days later.
na sibur
na strugart
na psim
na braaaains
T1
What the hell did I just watch?
na gorgar28
na OziiX
na fredfunk04
na murtyrock
na s.weinberg
T7
"If Marshall's goal was to deliver a no-nonsense, tongue-in-cheek, mega-violent "throwback" action flick, I'd say he's done a damn fine job of it."
na LFE Junkie
na sweevo
na Mikado
na Skenkere
T6
Ok, I'm gonna be weird here and say I actually liked this movie. Don't get me wrong, I shouldn't - it's bad. It cribs from a dozen better movies, is dissapointing coming from Marshall, and is all around ridiculous and silly. BUT, the movies it rips off actually make it feel more like an homage than a plagiarism, and the mashup of them somehow works. I really liked how half the outcasts went Mad Max and the other half went King Arthur.Not a movie to take seriously, but fuck it, its kinda fun.
na Pepsi-Man
T7
Utter B-movie junk, but superbly enjoyable B-movie junk. I am recommending this, but don't watch it expecting some huge level of quality. If you don't like goofy b-movies you're not going to like this--Rhona Mitra looks fantastic the whole time, though.
na OliiXD
na wavymouth
na starrlamia
na Hells Zargon
T2
I've never really been keen on Neil Marshall's movies, but Doomsday is probably my least favourite yet. It tries to be brainlessly gory and enjoyable, but for me it never pulled this off. The gore is for the mostpart not really entertaining at all, the action is stupendous and the whole movie is generally quite tasteless. The obvious divide between the cultures of the tribes was interesting for a while but there are loads on inconsistencies and puzzlements over the car chase scenes. Not great.
na alpinaburana
na deanazhollis
na postmodifier
na jakublb
na Skitchima
na delusionary
na Neil Miller
T1
Rhona Mitra as a badass is good, but the swiss cheese plot didn't help this movie one bit.
na kristna184
na gelfling
na Andreas
na chmul_cr0n
T1
Neil Marshall's movies have the brains of a John Carpenter film, but not the coolness. So...dumb shit that isn't even anything. :/
na kingofjew
na Matthulhu
na TheFirstEvil
na ScrumYummy
T3
Do not eat while watching.
na Gauntlet
na Frosty
na Jerky
na Cinema_Asia
T4
Gory violent post apocalyptic schlock that was done better by other films. There are shades of 28 days later, road warrior, and other films here that it liberally rips off but overall it's not completely terrible. The medieval armored soldiers living in a commune is pretty campy though.
na TedDedon
T2
I already forgot what this movie was about.
na edo33
na ImJacksName
na alexandros6
na LennyNero
T3
With the exception of the great car chase at the end, Marshall's follow-up to "The Descent" is a huge disappointment. Rhona Mitra is awful as an action heroine, her fight scenes are badly edited and the story is just a rehash of over a dozen good movies...trust me you'll notice immediately from which movie Marshall stole.
na podo
na Glugz
na Sinuhet
T1
resident evil plus mad max plus some zombie flick.
na fatalfred
na Ram0n
na Beageal
na Rubens
na SpikyCactus
T5
Top badass moment? Let's go for the topical one of Prime Minister John Hatcher doing the 'right thing' when he realises he's got the Reaper virus. How many politicians can you say that about? (Doing the 'right thing' I mean, not catching deadly viruses.) It was certainly quicker than going to all the bother of seeing the Queen to tell her you're resigning. 0 cats and 4 decapitations. (There might have been 5 actually, but I sort of forgot to keep count.)
na aciddtripp
na jonny_boy
T3
Strange mixture of different movies. I was positively surprised this wasn't just another poor zombiemovie, but we don't need another Mad Max either.
na Harbinger
na shahness
T3
Forgettable. Literally forgettable, I'm writing the review 2 years after having seen this movie and I can't remember what happened.
na wildcard
na Non, nobis
na xmurphyslawx
na teecee
T4
Hvorfor 30?? Fordi det er lykkeds at lave en film med så mange rip-offs og så meget unødvendig splat, at det bør belønnes. Filmen er komisk i sit forsøg på at blive taget alvorligt...
na Teovern
na kodl
na BaardPiraat
na Barthalen
T2
Starts off promising, but every twenty minutes the movie reaches a new stupidity-level that makes what came before seem sensible by comparison. Horrible editing in the action scenes will drain all the fun out of them, despite some nicely done gore effects.
na oagorduk
na furious113
na FrederikA
T3
Look, I like postapokalyptic nonsense as much as the next man, but while I can easily turn my blind eye to the similarities with Escape From New York, the 1980s Trauma-styled punk-cannibals were a bit much to take in. That said, it wasn't until the heroine found herself in a jousting contest, with ACTUAL MEDEVIL KNIGHTS (and an angry Malcolm McDowell), that I finally facepalm'ed so hard that I lost conscience...
na Only_Sony
na dst7175
na burflok
na auritech
T2
This movie is adorable. Horrible, yes, but adorable. I don't think Neil Marshall knew what kind of movie to make so he made three movies at the same time, all of them bad. Of course, it also has the most glaringly obvious product placement, which is de rigueur at this point.
na Kilathaar
na mania
na kashaneh1
na st_fly
T2
Utterly awful crap... one of those rare gems thak makes you feel sorry for the people who invested money to make it.... and even sorrier for all the fellow suckers who paid money to watch it.
na keskin
na filmcricket
na Dimjke
na Jeb
T7
A mixture of elements from all film genres is thrown into Doomsday, a gory and overly violent post apocalyptic sci-fi homage. It respectfully borrows and divides its plotline from Mad Max and Escape from New York. This intelligent mash-up of films combines to make a fun, bloody, illogical, shameless and nonsensical laughfest of a film. Just turn your brain off and enjoy it as it is.
na imnotlaughin
na Sam Lowry
na bedirhankara
na afguy205
na Paradiselost
T4
A little to much going on for my taste, but has some very nice ideas
na bench635
na pittler
na dustin
na empiremag
T2
"...a clumsy, noisy pastiche, with the action stripped of desired effect by Marshall's disappointingly Michael Bay-like ADD editing frenzy."
na coot