Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum Criticker for other for...
the Blog Order Filmmaker List by ...
0 films ranked
You Explore Interact Resources
Search
Profile All Your Rankings Starred Reviews Your Best TCIs PSIs Kumpels Wishlist
Random Film
Everything Will Be Ok (2006)
Share Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: A series of dark and troubling events forces Bill to reckon with the meaning of his life - or lack thereof. (imdb)
Country: USA
Directed By: Don Hertzfeldt
Written By: Don Hertzfeldt
Starring: Don Hertzfeldt
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na monclivie
na gotquail
na frederic_g54
T9
(after repeated viewing) Hertzfeldt's best, intelligent and strangely absorbing. Bill's perceptions crumble as his inner demons gradually take over, and we're left wondering what will alleviate his ongoing stuggle. Don't worry, everything will be Ok.
na SunnyOctopus
na Noblet
na FallFoliage
na Elysian Air
na caffeineism
na Vdecraim
T9
Oh, what a lovely psychological experimental short this is. Don Hertzfeldt is a creative genius. Creating a simple character with a few strokes, more complex and likeable then most cinematic films these days. Observing how Bill relates to an increasingly deformed world and a terrible society is thought-provoking and fun, thanks to a great sense of black humour. A terrific and highly recommended short, both in style and substance.
na pvelentz
na Reinehr
na freeipods
na mwgerb
T7
I'm not a fan of surrealism, but this is brilliant, even if a bit weird. The style is fantastic and it is darkly comical in the face of an existential crisis.
na Clayton
na lagartazul
na Chilton
na Moribunny
T10
I had forgotten Hertzfeldt for many years and then ran into this. It's a fabulous piece of cinema but somehow I'm not surprised he had it in him. I always saw the spark. His ability to do so much with so little (so little time, so little plot, so little drawing) is truly stunning. Equally exceptional is his seamless combination of intelligence and sensitivity with juvenile cynicism and death-obsession. It yields both biting humor and harrowing existential angst.
na aquasheep
na ninjacow7
na bupp
na toffte
na Jerky
na rant1229
T9
God bless Hertzfeld who seems to be wondering out loud just how aware of our own death we'll be when the time comes, or if it will be a surreal, confusing experience with our own demise being the only possible happy ending, that he can provide us with films like this that show that the man keeps finding boxes to think outside of.
na bakcheia
na mecheng
na AlleyLights2
na jameskey
T10
29/9/9 - Easily Hertzfeldt's most accomplished work, very funny and very touching.
na hellboy76
na tarwebrood
2013-06-23 junk, or not my type of flic
na MrCarmady
T10
Hertzfeldt's masterpiece. Hilarious and heart-breaking.
na IMDb-byvotes
na lisagirl
T10
mesmerising, profound, and beautiful meditation on life and death in the face of illness.
na Charlie
na dsjoerdsma
na izukaitz
na Spunkie
T10
Not a single miss in Hertzfeldt's matchstick armada. I wasn't sure if he can entertain complex storytelling techniques swiftly. Here it is, comic book logic 2-3 sec loops spread around the screen, which also interferes with some kind of video art. A simple story with Hertzfeldt essentials; encountering moments, gazes at strangers' blabbering, a trip, redemption.
na HeyDingo
na Laura2812
na kubricksucks
na jmarkthespot
T8
Entertaining, and funny at points, but not as deep, or insightful, as many would like to think. College film school students will eat this up.
na alirahmani
na monoglot
na oenginsu
na mallamp
na Ibrahim
na ShogunRua
T2
Random, quirky images and scenes is all that this short has going for it. No real story or humor. Hell, it doesn't even have cool visuals, music, or an "aura" of any kind; just a bunch of random scenes, hallucinations, and when things get too boring, flashing lights. Not exactly hard to reproduce, either. The only good thing about is that a bunch of pretentious film snobs can now jerk each other off to how "brilliant" and "deep" this "underground artist" is. Nope, it's just shit.
na axleblaze
na Positive Jon
na enfennemore
na myminorplace
T9
Gets better every time I watch it, and I can't stop watching it.
na joey_deli
na burmashave
weh
na Kerc
na mikezas
na madderroot
na Jeb
T10
Hertzfeldt's best by a long shot.
na DetoxP
T6
It's doesn't peer into the depths of the human soul as much as some people would like to say, but, it's an oddly touching short nontheless. We all expected funny from Hertzfeldt, which this definitely is, but the main thing that rises out of this film, despite how absurd it is, is beauty. Fantastic. Score is not a grade.
na idalp
na stascomedy
na amichaz
na elixir
na chemical404
T10
First part of Hertzfeldt's masterpiece. Reminds me of those post-modern philosophical novels. Every time I watch it I find something different, something new. I play with the bits presented and in my mind I make something own from it.
na kalee.
na Hkit
na LRibeiro
na Ocelot
T10
This and its companions are probably the best works of animation I'll ever see.
na Komond
na !nsomn!a
na macab
na djross
T7
Successfully nightmarish account of illness and mental disturbance. Perhaps because the filmmaker is not trying so hard to be "hilarious" he has been able to create a more affecting short work.
na SirRobbie
na janus
na peekingpanda
na MArkjp
T10
Hertzfeld manages to create an interesting protagonist and a tense and melancholic mood with only few tools. It's a delightful bitter snack covered in dark, dark chocolate; and though little in size it somehow manages to make you feel satisfied and full, albeit with a funny taste in your mouth that stays there for days...okay, I don't really know how to review this. Just watch it. Anywho: You'll laugh, you'll cry. Other than that there's not really much to say.
na deralbert
na xeorg
na Puya
na meester
na Neonman
T7
Watching this first short animated flick in this three part series, you get the impression that Hertzfeldt is a tortured soul who wants to connect with people rather than just impress them. Nonetheless, he does make a connection and does so impressively.
na adamquelch
na Guaporense
na tielardurdin
na capodelnulla
na shrodes
T10
A masterpiece. Beautiful story, animation is incredible and the music just ties this together into a package of excellence. Hertzfeldt at his best.
na Suture Self
T9
Crudely poetic. Only Don Hertzfeldt can bring out raw, dark emotion from stick figures. One of the better shorts I've ever seen.
na Rohrkrepiere
na Nudge
na prs
na KeanuGrieves
T9
This, in conjunction with its sequels, represents what might be the best 70 minutes of animation ever produced outside of the system. I dream of the day when Hertzfeldt and Charlie Kaufman team up to make the best movie ever.
na sherreragea
na Baby Fish
na wisseh
na TheEscapist
T10
Liked this a lot, an interesting and thought-provoking watch with excellent narration, recommended.
na Hylian
na ailm
na Mellilla
na Vandelay1
T8
Good
na blacksilver
na felipetschuk
T8
"He went home and masturbated for 7 hours"
na dsaos
na jal90
na Isdelth
na JacoIII
T9
Brilliant short but my friend and I both agree that we couldn't watch it more than once or twice without doing serious damage to our spirits. Well, he thought that, I thought it was beautiful.
na Kraven1905
na mosesismoses
na aovii
na CinematicESP
T10
Hilarious in its crudeness and absurdity, but it also happens to be profoundly moving.
na Obdurate
T10
Wow. Just wow. The narration, from the way certain words are said to the words themselves, is pitch-perfect. The visuals are incredible... a mixture of simple stickmen and surrealism. This is hilarious at times, dark, and saddening, perfectly describing mental illness and whatnot. This is an incredible short, one of those things that look so simple but are so deep.
na friendo55
T9
A wonderfully tragic short film that I try and show as many people as I can. For only lasting 16 minutes or so, it has some lasting effects that are both thought-provoking and hilarious.
na Mochard