Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum Menace II Society
the Blog Order Filmmaker List by ...
0 films ranked
Share Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees (Mears) and his deadly intentions. (imdb)
Genre: Horror
Country: USA
Directed By: Marcus Nispel
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Buy
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na thinkalot
na Karakand
na thaklos
T1
Pretty bad, even for the horror movie genre. Features two ultra-predictable fake openings, followed by a series of kills, which were pretty much telegraphed from the beginning. Lacked innovation, even within the genre.
na kingofjew
T1
Slightly better than expected, the pacing of this movie is excellent. and thats something very many movies just cant get right. Not much else tho, besides a bunch of mediocre acting dumb ass dudes and hot chicas getting murdered and chased while spewing out standard , unoriginal scripting
na GeneralZ
na dddila
na Skeeter
na slashergirl
T10
Loved this movie,sure I could b!tch about how Jason being a young boy in'80 screws with other established timelines but if writers don't care why should I ???...He's smart sets traps amazingly fast & is prone to fits of rage (just like me) ...my only real gripe with this movie is Jason kidnapping Whitney,I don't care how much she looks like his mom (My Jason wouldn't do that he'd kill her or she'd manage to kill him end of story;(Well accept for the whole cryptic double ending)
na Jeb
T2
For 2009 so far, this impossibly generic slasher remake is the definite source for titties, gore, psychopathic killers wielding machetes and of course, chinese marijuana addicts, and that's saying a lot due to My Bloody Valentine 3-D being out right now. Still nothing new is crapped out from Michael Bay or Marcus Nispel's ass and we're left with a cheap-thrilled, unclever mess of a horror movie. Still reminds me of the swinging 80s though, which is good. Also who can resist the opening?
na ROSBB
na ILoveAsh09
na ViC1112
na crazy613
na Catiche
na Dumptruk4Lif
T1
My mind subtly picked up that the minorities (the black and asian guy) in the movie got the most gruesome and painful deaths. I don't know what that was for, and I mean it's REALLY obvious, everyone else gets a quick retard slash to the head from Jason, but these two get these slow, drawn out, torturous deaths. It's something that adds to the movie, makes me feel uncomfortable, but everything else about the movie is just bland, very generic and a hollow, unnecessary addition to the series.
na PDMChubby
na Onix Verumi
na Zoltan
na Trooth
T1
After a 25-MINUTE-LONG PROLOGUE, with barely any relevance to the actual movie, it's pretty much Jason hunting down a series of tropes in minimally-creative ways. What's more, they sort of tried to cram the plots of all three of the first movies into this remake. There's the bit about Jason's mom, a period where Jason wears a bag over his head, and the discovery of the hockey mask. And nothing new or creative is made.
na OziiX
na themadelf66
na joseywales
na smoonhail
na IMDb-byvotes
na Carpetgiant
T3
As far as remakes and reboots go, this one was pretty okay, it works. There's a refresher on Jason's origin and some decent references to the first few movies. That said ... it's not like there were really high goals set to accomplish a good remake/reboot. It seems more like Jason is being reintroduced to the modern target audience (and giving the viewers an updated stock of target victims).
na exolstice
na luc
na yesistasty
T1
This movie really has nothing going for it. At least it was made with some nice cameras.
na chOSen
na overrated
Better boobs.
na ARUCARD
na slain
na Killfast37
na mistercheech
T6
increasingly awesome death scenes toward the end...but boring-arse characters
na CharlieRise
na sucseven
na FullCollapse
na misterlizard
T2
Was never a fan of the originals, so was hoping this would be a clever self-aware reboot of the franchise. It isn't. It has some lovely boobs. That is literally the only positive thing I could find about it. Somehow they rebooted it to be even duller and more cliched than the not-very-good originals.
na Vittor
na nandorizzi
T2
This was the worst Friday the 13th movie I saw, so lame. Was necessary? Really? I understand the idea of showing to the new generations, but why not watch the first films of the series? Is more easy.
na siahvasch
na Barkinson
na geelsley
na TripleSH
T6
It's simply the first few Jason-based installments of the 80's condensed and repackaged for a new generation of fans. It's a fair enough reimagining of the Ft13 mythology, though it did feel bland at points. I suppose if I knew nothing about the series prior to this film, I would think it was awesome. However, a lot of the original plot holes that plagued the original series remain unresolved, and that seems lazy. Overall, however, it was fun, so it gets an OK score.
na buttonman
na ioannakol
na Audrius
na Roughneck123
na calinki
na jhmee7
na Barthalen
T8
Quite an effective remake. What do you expect from a Friday movie? The kills are brutal, the atmosphere is pretty decent, has some actual funny dialogue and the functional nudity gets two bloody thumbs up. It won't reinvent the genre, but it's a fun ride for the not t critical viewer. Making Jason more cunning was a good move too.
na Licio
na jwlight13
na jimmyjazz
na ROCKER
T1
wow they had to make another one im going to explode
na RPattie
na cloque
na FrederikA
T5
It could be that I had just watched the previous ten Ft13 movies in a row, or the beginning dementia this moronic endeavor brought about, but so help me God I actually liked this one. Especially considering the director and the production company. For the first time in the franchise, they actually gave Jason some "character".
na NhanLa
na Hamido
na twincinema
na stacilayne
T6
"...this Friday feels the most mature of any in the series."
na finkly
na woofat
na girlvirus
na stanthecaddy
na fzycow
na tinythedogg
T7
This was much better than I thought it was going to be and it had some decent kills and some great moments. Starts off pretty well paced and it keeps going on from there. Micheal Bay walked out on this movie. That makes me laugh.
na devilswork
na lebnof
na maddog
na dst7175
T7
Funny and a lot of hot naked women.
na Hadleyreis
na FloatingHead
na Twatsnot9
na roonay3k
T10
Friday the 13th is a horror legend so why not make another reamke?? I didn't have big hopes really but I gotta say this movie was awsome! Great acting, Very nice special effects and the humour part was great too! This movie had everything a good horror movie should have! Now I hope they continue with remaking the rest of the films. Wish they had skipped the very last part but I knew it was gonna happen :p
na Reiden
na mezjeyer
na thebleurose
na Bandy
na hubies
na sophie
T2
I could not finish it, maybe I was too tired or the film was just too boring...
na JohnnyZombie
T2
I like the twist on Jason (Jason as survivalist that is), but the rest of the movie is pretty bland.
na saltandburn
T8
This was a very good movie. Surely, the most well known BEST actor in the movie was Jared Padalecki. He added a special thing to the film which I don't think any other actor could..well except for Jensen Ackles, Christian Kane, Jeffery Dean Morgan, or Timothy Olyphant. Hell, if this movie wanted a 91 or above it would have included all of these actors listed. That would be one manly movie. It could have been even more manly than Predator with Carl and Arnold.
na shocking1981
na Paulywauly
na indiefish
na lawngreen
na tingle23
na krakow056
na s.weinberg
T4
"The original isn't exactly Hitchcock, but the re-makers sure treat it that way."
na clydeburke
na Horohoro
na mitsu
na distilledw
na Cinema_Asia
T2
Literally anyone could have directed this movie because it is that generic. There is not a single original idea in this paint by the numbers remake. With that being said you can't expect a whole lot from Friday the 13th. It's meant to be a mindless oversexed gorefest so in that sense it delivers. Jason is faster and more brutal than ever before. The characters in this movie are hilarious stereotypes though and you can tell the writers weren't even trying.
na Scarface
na JohnnyHarker
na YellowKing
na MJVmovieMan
T5
Debating against myself only furthers me to get off the fence and recommend this 'remake' that is really just another sequel being called a remake to entice more cash. This Jason is fierce, fast, and not zombie-like. The kills are gruesome, and there's some added plot threads. It's the best looking '13th' film, has the best pacing, and doesn't make its characters "complete" idiots. For a standard slasher without any ambition or aspiration, it's decent enough and the best of the series.
na real8
na msdstc
na Liger01
na bartekfm
T1
Plastic people, plastic movie.
na AtGiza