Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum The Best Actor
the Blog Order Filmmaker List by ...
0 films ranked
Share Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees (Mears) and his deadly intentions. (imdb)
Genre: Horror
Country: USA
Directed By: Marcus Nispel
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na filmcricket
na Dumptruk4Lif
T1
My mind subtly picked up that the minorities (the black and asian guy) in the movie got the most gruesome and painful deaths. I don't know what that was for, and I mean it's REALLY obvious, everyone else gets a quick retard slash to the head from Jason, but these two get these slow, drawn out, torturous deaths. It's something that adds to the movie, makes me feel uncomfortable, but everything else about the movie is just bland, very generic and a hollow, unnecessary addition to the series.
na Batmite
na ibracan
na Reiden
na RealMacgyver
T5
Actually a very well done reboot, though the majority of the teens are annoying douchebags
na thebleurose
na Mr. Metro
na CrazyJim9380
na Carpetgiant
T3
As far as remakes and reboots go, this one was pretty okay, it works. There's a refresher on Jason's origin and some decent references to the first few movies. That said ... it's not like there were really high goals set to accomplish a good remake/reboot. It seems more like Jason is being reintroduced to the modern target audience (and giving the viewers an updated stock of target victims).
na jonny_boy
na abhi.d
na Miss Marple
na stpmtnfury
na Pingy
na CaioGazzola
na Cinema_Asia
T2
Literally anyone could have directed this movie because it is that generic. There is not a single original idea in this paint by the numbers remake. With that being said you can't expect a whole lot from Friday the 13th. It's meant to be a mindless oversexed gorefest so in that sense it delivers. Jason is faster and more brutal than ever before. The characters in this movie are hilarious stereotypes though and you can tell the writers weren't even trying.
na indiefish
na devilswork
na tracethurman
na constantine
T1
Blood, Jason's invention of teleporting in time and place, boobs (fake), more blood, darkness, 10 min sex scene, a perv who got horny by a winter catalog, boobs (real), pointless gore scenes, Jason's incredible strength and succession at throwing murder weapons to his victims, murders in the dark, running girls.. Did I say boobs?
na kobefan21921
na j.kendrick
T2
"...a new version of incredibly stale material."
na Yaxley
na LMFAO
na Shawn
na kingofjew
T1
Slightly better than expected, the pacing of this movie is excellent. and thats something very many movies just cant get right. Not much else tho, besides a bunch of mediocre acting dumb ass dudes and hot chicas getting murdered and chased while spewing out standard , unoriginal scripting
na Killfast37
na iambaggage
na murtyrock
na ROCKER
T1
wow they had to make another one im going to explode
na DAR37
na stoker
na DaxV
T3
Better then some of the other Friday Films this is a good way to reboot the series
na rwea25a
na MrBadcrumble
na Sam Lowry
na Riptide0
T3
I enjoyed this movie, sure. It has some really serious, glaring flaws though, namely that it brings nothing to the table that the original friday the 13th movies didn't. What is the point of just remaking a movie like this with modern day characters? It falls prey to all the shortcomings of the slasher genre and makes me sad for the "future" of this genre. Where's the originality that spawned monsters like Krueger or Scream?
na glm01
na sirphibes
na neomagic
na CMQuinn
na LogicCure
T1
So bad. So bad. I'm not sure how I got talked into seeing this.
na cusakfehn
na MaXCoDeR
na KeanuGrieves
na Wisduck
na namas
na Voodoo
na gogokain
T2
So Jason takes prisoners now? Should I even ask why Jason never killed the douchebag guy or his family on previous trips to the lake house? Or why that old lady said he wanted to be left alone and then he kills some people who weren't really bothering him? Some really horrible dialogue here for a movie that wants me to take it seriously. Dump the killer in the lake? Oh good, now they'll just think you killed all those people, great job. All those boobs and only one set was even worth looking at.
na AustinJ
na Astrophizz
na soybomb42
na FrederikA
T5
It could be that I had just watched the previous ten Ft13 movies in a row, or the beginning dementia this moronic endeavor brought about, but so help me God I actually liked this one. Especially considering the director and the production company. For the first time in the franchise, they actually gave Jason some "character".
na jammastrjess
na jnmovie
na calinki
na the e
T3
Rich douchebag was great Didn't include the classic cha-cha-cha before the kills. Black guy was completely White, sellout, should have been the first to die. Fake tits, enough said (except the last rack) First set of kills a waste, served no purpose. All the kills lacked tension, that was the best thing about the early films. Bow & Arrow, Jason??? Was waiting for him to pull out a slingshot lame! Not Jason Vorhees . Whack ending, Cop out!
na ermanen
T1
classic same movie, always doing the same thing, get rid of it
na alexandrsaar
na glm
na sherbert
na Jeb
T2
For 2009 so far, this impossibly generic slasher remake is the definite source for titties, gore, psychopathic killers wielding machetes and of course, chinese marijuana addicts, and that's saying a lot due to My Bloody Valentine 3-D being out right now. Still nothing new is crapped out from Michael Bay or Marcus Nispel's ass and we're left with a cheap-thrilled, unclever mess of a horror movie. Still reminds me of the swinging 80s though, which is good. Also who can resist the opening?
na triptout
na bsgb
na lgrichard
na GeneralZ
na yesistasty
T1
This movie really has nothing going for it. At least it was made with some nice cameras.
na typeo487
na OziiX
na O_o
na bartekfm
T1
Plastic people, plastic movie.
na slidercc
T10
A great way to reboot the series, while staying true to the original in many aspects, it also changed things up a bit. I didn't mind a faster moving jason, or a smarter jason. All in all a great film, only negatives would be the movie is too dark and its hard to tell what is happening at some moments. Also, not good enough usage of the epic jason music.
na nechbet
na Snazz
na BillyShears
T7
The most Friday the 13th movie of them all, everything that made the series 'fun' is mashed in here. HOWEVER, The TOKEN ASIAN character almost RUINS the entire movie. I felt nothing but hate.
na jordanchase
na Boozerman2
na NhanLa
na cap10
T4
it has been a while since i have seen a decent slasher, the last being the scream trilogy. This movie reminds me of when I was a kid and covered my eyes because that is what I was doing in this flick. Its scarey, funny, sexy, somewhat smart (on jasons behalf) and the blood and sex is back and better then ever which beats the 70's bush we were plagued with before. I truely believe this is the best one, even surpasses the original, but it is still not perfect.
na OmegaDoom84
na filmaffinity
na dzejson
na clayj41
T1
While this isn't any worse than any of the latter films from the original series, at least those movies were for good for a couple of laughs. This movie really has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The newfound speed and agility of Jason changes the game a bit, but the charm (if you can call it that) of the older films had a lot to do with the fact that no matter how slow Jason was, he would catch you. If movies weren't so expensive these days, I would've walked out of the theatre.
na Taliban
na ZombieWoods
na cminferno
na roonay3k
T10
Friday the 13th is a horror legend so why not make another reamke?? I didn't have big hopes really but I gotta say this movie was awsome! Great acting, Very nice special effects and the humour part was great too! This movie had everything a good horror movie should have! Now I hope they continue with remaking the rest of the films. Wish they had skipped the very last part but I knew it was gonna happen :p
na madmex
na thefriedone
na BullyFanatic
T3
It's your typical slasher. Teens have premarital sex, do drugs, then die in gruesome fashion. It does nothing new to the series except this time, Jason runs (which I liked) and a couple of other minuscule things. The ending though, was excellent. If you don't mind this simple formula, you'll feel right at home.
na LucasRibas
na BloodandBeer
na corndog71
na NathanDarko
T5
There are some nice effects, a lot of kills ( needful for a slasher ) and some very good and proper sound setting on the "pro" side. The negative side limps with a hoooribble story ( ok there was no story in the originals either but like gogokain said why took jason a prisoner, such nonsens ) very poor acting ( the actors are so beautiful & stupid they might advertise for ck underwear ) and at least the question does that movie-series need a remake ? The answer : of course not !!
na lawngreen
na JooJoo
na lotr-sam0711
na KasperL
T8
This, the most accomplished Jason slasher and the best of the string of horror re-whatevers we've been bombarded with, is handsomely produced, tense and it delivers in the vital departments of inventive deaths (my favorite being the one under the pier), nudity and unlikeable teenagers. It's about as good as a 'Friday the 13th' film can be expected to be, really.
na notsothinman