Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
profile
Friday the 13th (2009)
Your Rating
500 characters left
Summary: A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees (Mears) and his deadly intentions. (imdb)
Genre: Horror
Country: USA
Directed By: Marcus Nispel
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
loading Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na AAlperA aalperraa
na jontaylor85
na nandorizzi nandorizzi
T2
This was the worst Friday the 13th movie I saw, so lame. Was necessary? Really? I understand the idea of showing to the new generations, but why not watch the first films of the series? Is more easy.
na comanchex
na DavidBlast DavidBlast
T2
Too tired to think... It is ... wrong when... the ... uh... when the purpose thing... is not there... but I did like ... when... the chests of the... ffff... not male is... in the open...
na destruction
na wavymouth
na untrustable
T2
Going where everyone has gone before, but with more boobs.
na apm2091
na bertonia
na jwill602
na KasperL KasperL
T8
This, the most accomplished Jason slasher and the best of the string of horror re-whatevers we've been bombarded with, is handsomely produced, tense and it delivers in the vital departments of inventive deaths (my favorite being the one under the pier), nudity and unlikeable teenagers. It's about as good as a 'Friday the 13th' film can be expected to be, really.
na slashergirl slashergirl
T10
Loved this movie,sure I could b!tch about how Jason being a young boy in'80 screws with other established timelines but if writers don't care why should I ???...He's smart sets traps amazingly fast & is prone to fits of rage (just like me) ...my only real gripe with this movie is Jason kidnapping Whitney,I don't care how much she looks like his mom (My Jason wouldn't do that he'd kill her or she'd manage to kill him end of story;(Well accept for the whole cryptic double ending)
na Doggr_Jones
na zmt311
na redheelblues
na jamesdepaolo jamesdepaolo
T4
platnium dunes again..this time they try to re do Jason Vorhees...how much more can Jason do..he s been to hell, he fought freddy and he went to space....now he is re born and can run and is also a stalker and kidnaps people...this movie is not the movie it could have been..what about Jason vs Zombies...I think if you ignore the majority of it and concentrate on the few decent kills...you may enjoy it somewhat
na iMarchine
na overrated overrated
Better boobs.
na MJVmovieMan MJVmovieMan
T5
Debating against myself only furthers me to get off the fence and recommend this 'remake' that is really just another sequel being called a remake to entice more cash. This Jason is fierce, fast, and not zombie-like. The kills are gruesome, and there's some added plot threads. It's the best looking '13th' film, has the best pacing, and doesn't make its characters "complete" idiots. For a standard slasher without any ambition or aspiration, it's decent enough and the best of the series.
na Lovecraft
na LaurieNelson
na hotdogfarmer
na stacilayne stacilayne
T6
"...this Friday feels the most mature of any in the series."
na Skeeter
na DrewTheDude DrewTheDude
na bkneale
na Carpetgiant Carpetgiant
T3
As far as remakes and reboots go, this one was pretty okay, it works. There's a refresher on Jason's origin and some decent references to the first few movies. That said ... it's not like there were really high goals set to accomplish a good remake/reboot. It seems more like Jason is being reintroduced to the modern target audience (and giving the viewers an updated stock of target victims).
na hawque hawque
na tracx1007
na Jonas2k
na DocBrowne
na Liger01
na Kylos609
na teecee teecee
T1
Værre end originalen, faktisk ærgeligt...
na labballin24 labballin24
na Toretto
na Vittor Vittor
na saner saner
na Trooth Trooth
T1
After a 25-MINUTE-LONG PROLOGUE, with barely any relevance to the actual movie, it's pretty much Jason hunting down a series of tropes in minimally-creative ways. What's more, they sort of tried to cram the plots of all three of the first movies into this remake. There's the bit about Jason's mom, a period where Jason wears a bag over his head, and the discovery of the hockey mask. And nothing new or creative is made.
na sherbert sherbert
na icromaholicx icromaholicx
na SickForay SickForay
na carvalhinho carvalhinho
na Madison Madison
na westknife westknife
T3
Fun to watch if you're a fan of the old series. It's cool to see a Jason movie with a "modern" style. But it still is just the same old stuff. It goes more overboard than the past films in terms of violence and sex, which is cool I guess. For fans only.
na namas namas
na jhmee8
na yesistasty yesistasty
T1
This movie really has nothing going for it. At least it was made with some nice cameras.
na Waeleglo
na miiiiiles miiiiiles
na ioannakol
na JohnnyZombie JohnnyZombie
T2
I like the twist on Jason (Jason as survivalist that is), but the rest of the movie is pretty bland.
na Horohoro Horohoro
na beast
na MoonSylver MoonSylver
na Phacoid Phacoid
T1
This movie is 'stupendous' in it's disgrace. As other remakes this one moves forward with the trend of ruining great franchises. Steer clear of this. If you're being forced to watch this as a man then I can tell you that it contains boobs. However, two out of the three sets are fake. Even here it fails to deliver.
na Kobi2
na Oliii
na kayheartbeat
na cap10 cap10
T4
it has been a while since i have seen a decent slasher, the last being the scream trilogy. This movie reminds me of when I was a kid and covered my eyes because that is what I was doing in this flick. Its scarey, funny, sexy, somewhat smart (on jasons behalf) and the blood and sex is back and better then ever which beats the 70's bush we were plagued with before. I truely believe this is the best one, even surpasses the original, but it is still not perfect.
na jwlight13
na liqidclark
na willow
na HyphenateMe HyphenateMe
T5
5 people die before the title card and that is A-okay with me!
na filmaffinity filmaffinity
na Mattsdmf
na deadman36g
na hellsditch hellsditch
T2
Gritty reboot alert! Strips everything that was goofy, stupid (in a good way) and fun about the originals in favor of a hackneyed "mythology" (this aint The Wandering of Dionysus, people), superficial "improvements" (Jason runs now!) and comical self-importance. Friday the 13th is SERIOUS, you guys. EveryTHING is sleek, and hpyerstylized. EveryONE is pretty and shiny. Look, the originals were mostly bad but had a sort of lo-fi DIY charm (esp 1, 2, 4, 6) to them. IE, everything that this is not.
na moosemoose moosemoose
na Bedlam75
na 3boood 3boood
na korbenPL korbenPL
na WoraZ WoraZ
na cpoleski
na Pickpocket Pickpocket
T4
So forgettable that I literally just remembered I saw it after one of my kumples gave it a score. This movie a couple hilarious deaths but it was pretty bad. The asian guy, who for some reason continues to get movies, is one of the worst characters ever conceived.
na adidawha adidawha
na alexandrsaar alexandrsaar
na danowen danowen
na thaklos thaklos
T1
Pretty bad, even for the horror movie genre. Features two ultra-predictable fake openings, followed by a series of kills, which were pretty much telegraphed from the beginning. Lacked innovation, even within the genre.
na KetiD KetiD
na mavrodief mavrodief
na vordven vordven
na FrederikA FrederikA
T5
It could be that I had just watched the previous ten Ft13 movies in a row, or the beginning dementia this moronic endeavor brought about, but so help me God I actually liked this one. Especially considering the director and the production company. For the first time in the franchise, they actually gave Jason some "character".
na mrghodsi mr.ghodsi
na Haruko Haruko
na cscrotum
na eric_jan eric-jan
T4
Different from most thrillers is the fact that I was at the edge of my seat throughout most of the movie. Overall a great thriller and Jared Padalecki is not a bad actor which makes all the more difference. The thing I never get is why the teens always decide it's better to go and explore in the dark by yourself, rather than staying with a group of people :D
na ratedargh ratedargh
na lucasmartins
na Jellysauce Jellysauce
na Rye Bread
T2
Not good. Very predictable.
na foxie4 foxie4
na Jonny Lytnin
na DAR37
na nataskaos nataskaos
T3
So, I liked this movie in so much that there was killing and toplessness. however, I can't call it a good "film". it 's cheap, easy to predict and nothing real suprising. but man is it fun.
na chillout guzintekes