Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum Criticker MOM Running B...
the Blog New Enhancement Film Typ...
0 films ranked
Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees (Mears) and his deadly intentions. (imdb)
Genre: Horror
Country: USA
Directed By: Marcus Nispel
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na burflok
na deboralmeida
na dst7175
T7
Funny and a lot of hot naked women.
na aaa333
na NRM03
na BloodandBeer
na distilledw
na jjack229
na NathanDarko
T5
There are some nice effects, a lot of kills ( needful for a slasher ) and some very good and proper sound setting on the "pro" side. The negative side limps with a hoooribble story ( ok there was no story in the originals either but like gogokain said why took jason a prisoner, such nonsens ) very poor acting ( the actors are so beautiful & stupid they might advertise for ck underwear ) and at least the question does that movie-series need a remake ? The answer : of course not !!
na scog
na Licio
na tomservo5
na payens
T2
I just realized I watched this movie on a Friday the 13th, what a coincidence!! But anyway, the movie sucks, as expected - although sometimes there is a well done atmosphere of fear and suspense and, I have to admit it, you get a few good scares (thumbs up that Jason runs now!). On the whole I agree with Ebert: this is probably the best movie of the series.
na glm01
na Gordon Cole
na FrederikA
T5
It could be that I had just watched the previous ten Ft13 movies in a row, or the beginning dementia this moronic endeavor brought about, but so help me God I actually liked this one. Especially considering the director and the production company. For the first time in the franchise, they actually gave Jason some "character".
na thaklos
T1
Pretty bad, even for the horror movie genre. Features two ultra-predictable fake openings, followed by a series of kills, which were pretty much telegraphed from the beginning. Lacked innovation, even within the genre.
na ScoobyCristi
na lucasmartins
na mavrodief
na Cocoa
na Mr. Film
T2
Hollywood does it again... and, not a surprise, they fail
na NeoRaven
na Buraccio
na dddddd1225
na jswinder
T1
Teeters between comedy and horror, retardedly.
na lgrichard
na geelsley
na nataskaos
T3
So, I liked this movie in so much that there was killing and toplessness. however, I can't call it a good "film". it 's cheap, easy to predict and nothing real suprising. but man is it fun.
na overrated
na jthusky
na envy
na misterlizard
T2
Was never a fan of the originals, so was hoping this would be a clever self-aware reboot of the franchise. It isn't. It has some lovely boobs. That is literally the only positive thing I could find about it. Somehow they rebooted it to be even duller and more cliched than the not-very-good originals.
na Telemecus
na sophie
T2
I could not finish it, maybe I was too tired or the film was just too boring...
na Dehr
na Seachusters
na LB94
na destruction
na evrana
T1
As it passed by me, I wondered "Why is it so hard to make a decent one of these? They have been at it for 30 years, couldn't they find a working formula?" A few cheeky moments here and there, but it is below average, especially when you consider that they can lean on a franchise with 7-8 movies.
na Suteupac
na Carpetgiant
T3
As far as remakes and reboots go, this one was pretty okay, it works. There's a refresher on Jason's origin and some decent references to the first few movies. That said ... it's not like there were really high goals set to accomplish a good remake/reboot. It seems more like Jason is being reintroduced to the modern target audience (and giving the viewers an updated stock of target victims).
na cusakfehn
na nandorizzi
T2
This was the worst Friday the 13th movie I saw, so lame. Was necessary? Really? I understand the idea of showing to the new generations, but why not watch the first films of the series? Is more easy.
na kohut
na Twatsnot9
na Barney
na Leonardis
T2
Friday the 13th Could have been way way worse than it was. Decent if not sloppy remake of what was an instant classic.
na Lovecraft
na spinapubica
na DesertPunk
T2
In this kind of slasher movie, mediocrity can be a saving grace. All you have to do is kill teenagers in interesting ways, anything beyond that is often a lost cause. This isn't a good movie by any means, but it does what it needs to do: Sleaze and a bodycount. And it does it well enough.
na jsopanen
na Ofterdingen
na Jugweed
na Farzan
T2
Typical slasher, and when I say typical, I mean typical.
na fireplacer
na SqwashSilver
na imajericho
na KMcNeil
T2
"Generic", "bland" and "by-the-numbers" all seem like understatements. This is an ABC-slasher for the new generation with loud thumping noises, (lots of) big, bouncy titties and editing so rapid, you miss half of the shots. Yeah, there's gore - but what's the point when you cut away from it after 0,2 sec? I'll take the ridiculously funny "Jason X" or the campy oldschool charm of "Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan" any day!
na majikat
na demirtas
na dforman
na RealMacgyver
T5
Actually a very well done reboot, though the majority of the teens are annoying douchebags
na Ladlenits
na ilsensine
na OmegaDoom84
na visceroid
na zevel6
na mistercado
na Matt Burgess
T2
Pretty fucking boring and generic in every way, then again I never cared much for the original series. You'd think a modern remake would improve or experiment with the formula but no - just more lazy, conventional horror to add to the shitpile, filled with bland teenagers getting slaughtered one by one in fairly unimaginative ways (at least there's tits this time). No real human acts like any of the characters in this film. Zzzz. Kids, flush this turd and watch Bava's "Bay Of Blood" instead.
na Jerky
na Trooth
T1
After a 25-MINUTE-LONG PROLOGUE, with barely any relevance to the actual movie, it's pretty much Jason hunting down a series of tropes in minimally-creative ways. What's more, they sort of tried to cram the plots of all three of the first movies into this remake. There's the bit about Jason's mom, a period where Jason wears a bag over his head, and the discovery of the hockey mask. And nothing new or creative is made.
na Tizzzzz
na adouble
T2
Horror remakes don't come anymore generic than this one. +10 for the boobs though.
na JohnnyZombie
T2
I like the twist on Jason (Jason as survivalist that is), but the rest of the movie is pretty bland.
na KrisBl
na Deaths
na geegasm
na stacilayne
T6
"...this Friday feels the most mature of any in the series."
na BOOGIEMAN
na Siltem
na TripleSH
T6
It's simply the first few Jason-based installments of the 80's condensed and repackaged for a new generation of fans. It's a fair enough reimagining of the Ft13 mythology, though it did feel bland at points. I suppose if I knew nothing about the series prior to this film, I would think it was awesome. However, a lot of the original plot holes that plagued the original series remain unresolved, and that seems lazy. Overall, however, it was fun, so it gets an OK score.
na LennyNero
T1
As "good" as the previous ones.
na pillowpants
na ube
na ezpkns34
na constantine
T1
Blood, Jason's invention of teleporting in time and place, boobs (fake), more blood, darkness, 10 min sex scene, a perv who got horny by a winter catalog, boobs (real), pointless gore scenes, Jason's incredible strength and succession at throwing murder weapons to his victims, murders in the dark, running girls.. Did I say boobs?
na teecee
T1
Værre end originalen, faktisk ærgeligt...
na Astrophizz
na real8
na sunrise
na BrutalBrian
T3
Well certainly not as bad as one would expect, this is a much better experience than what I thought it was going to be. Lots of nudity, and the girls who get naked are fucking gorgeous, VIOLENT kills, and Camp Crystal Lake are all here, even a bit in the beginning with Jason's mom, which the writer's said was going to be scrapped and thankfully was not. Derek Mears's version of Jason holds up, though he's not Kane Hodder. Marcus Nispel did a better job with this than Texas Chainsaw thankfully.
na MuppetusG
na aney
na otekiadam
na Cinema_Asia
T2
Literally anyone could have directed this movie because it is that generic. There is not a single original idea in this paint by the numbers remake. With that being said you can't expect a whole lot from Friday the 13th. It's meant to be a mindless oversexed gorefest so in that sense it delivers. Jason is faster and more brutal than ever before. The characters in this movie are hilarious stereotypes though and you can tell the writers weren't even trying.
na lippecesar
na Sandwichlord
Horrible.
na gogokain
T2
So Jason takes prisoners now? Should I even ask why Jason never killed the douchebag guy or his family on previous trips to the lake house? Or why that old lady said he wanted to be left alone and then he kills some people who weren't really bothering him? Some really horrible dialogue here for a movie that wants me to take it seriously. Dump the killer in the lake? Oh good, now they'll just think you killed all those people, great job. All those boobs and only one set was even worth looking at.
na soybomb42
na PaulSandell
na Manna
na donofthedead
na SpikyCactus
T5
Top badass moment? Surprisingly few choices, so I’m going for Jason’s top throw with the full-sized, double-headed axe. Getting one to fly through the air would be hard enough, but doing so and hitting someone running fast 20m away is pretty impressive. What a shame he didn’t get the chance to take up the javelin or hammer at school; things might have been different. No cats, 3 decapitations and no chainsaws. Only one decapitation is on-screen, but it’s done to Major Kira Nerys from Star Trek!
na cengizhan