Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum Actors with the most fi...
the Blog New Enhancement Film Typ...
0 films ranked
Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees (Mears) and his deadly intentions. (imdb)
Genre: Horror
Country: USA
Directed By: Marcus Nispel
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na spider_7
na jcortez702
na Ag0stoMesmer
T5
Old Jason has been replaced with a plotting and kidnapping one, for the worse I think. What used to separate him from Myers pure psychopathy and Leatherface's gleeful sadism was his instinctual, crocodilian aggression now lost. He's now just a poor clone of Myers. The action is garbled and the film has a particularly ugly orange/teal lens-flare look. Disappointing.
na Kamil
na CrazyJim9380
na wokelstein
na Fincky
na aalperraa
na PazuzuTerror
T4
unlike many people i did like this remake, it had alot of stuff that annoyed me but overall it was Jason killing on the screen again, i was happy
na carvalhinho
na zevel6
na Skrabbles
na MuppetusG
na ludymylla
na Barthalen
T8
Quite an effective remake. What do you expect from a Friday movie? The kills are brutal, the atmosphere is pretty decent, has some actual funny dialogue and the functional nudity gets two bloody thumbs up. It won't reinvent the genre, but it's a fun ride for the not t critical viewer. Making Jason more cunning was a good move too.
na tiagopassos
na zmt311
na ekalsrek
na gorejunky
T2
Totally unnecessary remake and boo! to making Jason a little bit "understandable" by making him a victim too. Decent effects can't even save this.
na VerticalGunn
na Alyne
na xduartenoxx
na BadmintonRed
na empiremag
T2
"It's a sad day when a Friday the 13th remake is shown up by a My Bloody Valentine remake."
na Vassago
na ezpkns34
na mitsu
na NathanDarko
T5
There are some nice effects, a lot of kills ( needful for a slasher ) and some very good and proper sound setting on the "pro" side. The negative side limps with a hoooribble story ( ok there was no story in the originals either but like gogokain said why took jason a prisoner, such nonsens ) very poor acting ( the actors are so beautiful & stupid they might advertise for ck underwear ) and at least the question does that movie-series need a remake ? The answer : of course not !!
na gavinbennett
na Tizzzzz
na oagorduk
na dst7175
T7
Funny and a lot of hot naked women.
na jkwall
na hotsake
na mjh0811
na HyphenateMe
T5
5 people die before the title card and that is A-okay with me!
na Vicky 97
na AKS
na gogokain
T2
So Jason takes prisoners now? Should I even ask why Jason never killed the douchebag guy or his family on previous trips to the lake house? Or why that old lady said he wanted to be left alone and then he kills some people who weren't really bothering him? Some really horrible dialogue here for a movie that wants me to take it seriously. Dump the killer in the lake? Oh good, now they'll just think you killed all those people, great job. All those boobs and only one set was even worth looking at.
na FoxyRussian
T1
Characters don't behave like humans, they behave like terrible assholes. Dialog exists only to produce a bigger asshole or move the plot forward. There are some excellent scenes of suspense that get ruined by shaky cam. All in all a terrible reboot that ranks equal to Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Takes a Cruise to Manhattan.
na mattnawrocki
na filenox
na LaurieNelson
na DaveImboden
na mr rigard
T2
It would have been fun to have watched the disappointed faces on the Jason Faithful as they exited the theater after watching this supposed re-invention of Friday the 13th. The best way to describe it is LAME. There's not the voice warning, "Get-Get-Get, Out-Out-Out" as soon-to-be victims wander into the woods. All of the supposed "glorious" kills for which the franchise is known are quite mundane. And, the absolutely necessary final chase scene (for films is this genre) is non-existent.
na real8
na notsothinman
na pillowpants
na payens
T2
I just realized I watched this movie on a Friday the 13th, what a coincidence!! But anyway, the movie sucks, as expected - although sometimes there is a well done atmosphere of fear and suspense and, I have to admit it, you get a few good scares (thumbs up that Jason runs now!). On the whole I agree with Ebert: this is probably the best movie of the series.
na neomagic
na panchovilla
na Cinema_Asia
T2
Literally anyone could have directed this movie because it is that generic. There is not a single original idea in this paint by the numbers remake. With that being said you can't expect a whole lot from Friday the 13th. It's meant to be a mindless oversexed gorefest so in that sense it delivers. Jason is faster and more brutal than ever before. The characters in this movie are hilarious stereotypes though and you can tell the writers weren't even trying.
na Scarface
na Coffey
na apecanyon
na crazy613
na sophie
T2
I could not finish it, maybe I was too tired or the film was just too boring...
na IMDb-byvotes
na untrustable
T2
Going where everyone has gone before, but with more boobs.
na mikebracken
T6
"Could it really be worse than Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan?"
na lawngreen
na revela
na siahvasch
na Timmer
na Marter
T4
Is Friday the 13th a great movie? No, but how good could a reboot of a generally bad '80s slasher movie be? This is a competent movie which improves in most regards over the majority of the ten (solo) Friday the 13th films that came before it. It's moderately scary, Jason is a more effective killer, you can tell everyone apart, there is plenty of gore, and the dialogue didn't force me to hope the characters all got a knife to the chest. In all, t's not a bad attempt at rebooting the franchise.
na mertagabey
na Ofterdingen
na Adobe Slats
na Puya
na Trooth
T1
After a 25-MINUTE-LONG PROLOGUE, with barely any relevance to the actual movie, it's pretty much Jason hunting down a series of tropes in minimally-creative ways. What's more, they sort of tried to cram the plots of all three of the first movies into this remake. There's the bit about Jason's mom, a period where Jason wears a bag over his head, and the discovery of the hockey mask. And nothing new or creative is made.
na mythos
na MaXCoDeR
na Rotten Users
na slashergirl
T10
Loved this movie,sure I could b!tch about how Jason being a young boy in'80 screws with other established timelines but if writers don't care why should I ???...He's smart sets traps amazingly fast & is prone to fits of rage (just like me) ...my only real gripe with this movie is Jason kidnapping Whitney,I don't care how much she looks like his mom (My Jason wouldn't do that he'd kill her or she'd manage to kill him end of story;(Well accept for the whole cryptic double ending)
na tyranmollusk
na kurisu1974
na destruction
na KMcNeil
T2
"Generic", "bland" and "by-the-numbers" all seem like understatements. This is an ABC-slasher for the new generation with loud thumping noises, (lots of) big, bouncy titties and editing so rapid, you miss half of the shots. Yeah, there's gore - but what's the point when you cut away from it after 0,2 sec? I'll take the ridiculously funny "Jason X" or the campy oldschool charm of "Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan" any day!
na anacrolix
na ivangem
na ChrisReynold
na kayserili80
na Luna6ix
T7
slashers have always been about cheap scares and this has plenty, but it also has brutal kills which has been something jason has been lacking, could have used a bit more gore in those kills though. the most impressive aspect is that jason is no longer a lumbering, mindless, mega-beast, now he's a running, clever, mega-beast--definately an improvement, but not a masterpiece.
na majikat
na jwill602
na RPattie
na JimmyLeresky
na leg0128
na thomas_d
na FrederikA
T5
It could be that I had just watched the previous ten Ft13 movies in a row, or the beginning dementia this moronic endeavor brought about, but so help me God I actually liked this one. Especially considering the director and the production company. For the first time in the franchise, they actually gave Jason some "character".
na boneym
na bbates2
na SpookieBones
na jwward
na Marcos92
na tomservo5
na M.Robitussin
T7
really way, way better than it has any right to be. if i'm being totally honest and free of nostalgia, the first 30 minutes are pretty much the best in any friday the 13th movie.
na AlexD20
na smoonhail
na Hawguy2991
na klvince
na Arif.
na adouble
T2
Horror remakes don't come anymore generic than this one. +10 for the boobs though.
na jmsenise
na kgbelliveau
T1
A faster stronger Jason hunts down a group of young adults. The new and improved Jason also knows how to use a bow and arrow. Jason was always the machete wielding maniac who could come out of nowhere. There were a few good chuckles from Aaron Yoo and some gory deaths, but in the end was just another excuse of a film to have horny teenagers having sex and being predictably executed one by one. The faster stronger Jason did nothing to improve this movie, and neither did the young cast to be fair.
na catmogwai
na corruptelite
na Kylos609
na Leonardis
T2
Friday the 13th Could have been way way worse than it was. Decent if not sloppy remake of what was an instant classic.
na Bonez
na FrankBooth
na lippecesar
na jswinder
T1
Teeters between comedy and horror, retardedly.
na Lnemoy
na Killfast37
na HugovdBos
na ILoveAsh09
na ROSBB
na roonay3k
T10
Friday the 13th is a horror legend so why not make another reamke?? I didn't have big hopes really but I gotta say this movie was awsome! Great acting, Very nice special effects and the humour part was great too! This movie had everything a good horror movie should have! Now I hope they continue with remaking the rest of the films. Wish they had skipped the very last part but I knew it was gonna happen :p
na Pickpocket
T4
So forgettable that I literally just remembered I saw it after one of my kumples gave it a score. This movie a couple hilarious deaths but it was pretty bad. The asian guy, who for some reason continues to get movies, is one of the worst characters ever conceived.
na danowen
na namas
na Ownerzx
na stacilayne
T6
"...this Friday feels the most mature of any in the series."
na ehsan_amid
na glm01
na Recep Akol
na Mr. Film
T2
Hollywood does it again... and, not a surprise, they fail
na mistercado