Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
0 films ranked
Friday the 13th (2009)
Your Rating
500 characters left
Summary: A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees (Mears) and his deadly intentions. (imdb)
Genre: Horror
Country: USA
Directed By: Marcus Nispel
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na Rye Bread
T2
Not good. Very predictable.
na jervay
na Alyne
na zevel6
na shahness
T2
I wasn't expecting quality... but what I got was still a let down. If you're looking for a solid Friday the 13th, go with Jason Lives (Part VI) or Freddy v. Jason.
na AceySaid10%
na fact100
na korbenPL
na Phacoid
T1
This movie is 'stupendous' in it's disgrace. As other remakes this one moves forward with the trend of ruining great franchises. Steer clear of this. If you're being forced to watch this as a man then I can tell you that it contains boobs. However, two out of the three sets are fake. Even here it fails to deliver.
na massesRasses
na Telemecus
na northerain
na Carpetgiant
T3
As far as remakes and reboots go, this one was pretty okay, it works. There's a refresher on Jason's origin and some decent references to the first few movies. That said ... it's not like there were really high goals set to accomplish a good remake/reboot. It seems more like Jason is being reintroduced to the modern target audience (and giving the viewers an updated stock of target victims).
na SqwashSilver
na loserville
na danphil
na Marter
T5
Is Friday the 13th a great movie? No, but how good could a reboot of a generally bad '80s slasher movie be? This is a competent movie which improves in most regards over the majority of the ten (solo) Friday the 13th films that came before it. It's moderately scary, Jason is a more effective killer, you can tell everyone apart, there is plenty of gore, and the dialogue didn't force me to hope the characters all got a knife to the chest. In all, t's not a bad attempt at rebooting the franchise.
na Taliban
na AlexBrisson
na kgbelliveau
T1
A faster stronger Jason hunts down a group of young adults. The new and improved Jason also knows how to use a bow and arrow. Jason was always the machete wielding maniac who could come out of nowhere. There were a few good chuckles from Aaron Yoo and some gory deaths, but in the end was just another excuse of a film to have horny teenagers having sex and being predictably executed one by one. The faster stronger Jason did nothing to improve this movie, and neither did the young cast to be fair.
na AtGiza
"Friday's jolting scare tactics barely make a dent." - Nick Schager
na bizarre_eye
na Dumptruk4Lif
T1
My mind subtly picked up that the minorities (the black and asian guy) in the movie got the most gruesome and painful deaths. I don't know what that was for, and I mean it's REALLY obvious, everyone else gets a quick retard slash to the head from Jason, but these two get these slow, drawn out, torturous deaths. It's something that adds to the movie, makes me feel uncomfortable, but everything else about the movie is just bland, very generic and a hollow, unnecessary addition to the series.
na Vicky 97
na Flippenwow
na indiefish
na mistercheech
T6
increasingly awesome death scenes toward the end...but boring-arse characters
na verbal
na ferked
na Adobe Slats
na hellsditch
T2
Gritty reboot alert! Strips everything that was goofy, stupid (in a good way) and fun about the originals in favor of a hackneyed "mythology" (this aint The Wandering of Dionysus, people), superficial "improvements" (Jason runs now!) and comical self-importance. Friday the 13th is SERIOUS, you guys. EveryTHING is sleek, and hpyerstylized. EveryONE is pretty and shiny. Look, the originals were mostly bad but had a sort of lo-fi DIY charm (esp 1, 2, 4, 6) to them. IE, everything that this is not.
na yesistasty
T1
This movie really has nothing going for it. At least it was made with some nice cameras.
na jacko
na survivorfan
na filmaffinity
na FrederikA
T5
It could be that I had just watched the previous ten Ft13 movies in a row, or the beginning dementia this moronic endeavor brought about, but so help me God I actually liked this one. Especially considering the director and the production company. For the first time in the franchise, they actually gave Jason some "character".
na stoner38
na bjmccrary
na Jonny Lytnin
na MJVmovieMan
T5
Debating against myself only furthers me to get off the fence and recommend this 'remake' that is really just another sequel being called a remake to entice more cash. This Jason is fierce, fast, and not zombie-like. The kills are gruesome, and there's some added plot threads. It's the best looking '13th' film, has the best pacing, and doesn't make its characters "complete" idiots. For a standard slasher without any ambition or aspiration, it's decent enough and the best of the series.
na lebnof
na tr0nllam
na adouble
T2
Horror remakes don't come anymore generic than this one. +10 for the boobs though.
na Warbi
na GeneralMak
na Rotten Users
na exolstice
na aaa333
na FoxyRussian
T1
Characters don't behave like humans, they behave like terrible assholes. Dialog exists only to produce a bigger asshole or move the plot forward. There are some excellent scenes of suspense that get ruined by shaky cam. All in all a terrible reboot that ranks equal to Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Takes a Cruise to Manhattan.
na tehxiom
na beccajones
na RPattie
na nandorizzi
T2
This was the worst Friday the 13th movie I saw, so lame. Was necessary? Really? I understand the idea of showing to the new generations, but why not watch the first films of the series? Is more easy.
na lostinlodos
na mightysparks
na sunrise
na untrustable
T2
Going where everyone has gone before, but with more boobs.
na misterpaul
na petersmith
na Florence
na gogokain
T2
So Jason takes prisoners now? Should I even ask why Jason never killed the douchebag guy or his family on previous trips to the lake house? Or why that old lady said he wanted to be left alone and then he kills some people who weren't really bothering him? Some really horrible dialogue here for a movie that wants me to take it seriously. Dump the killer in the lake? Oh good, now they'll just think you killed all those people, great job. All those boobs and only one set was even worth looking at.
na aney
na rwea25a
na ludymylla
na misterlizard
T2
Was never a fan of the originals, so was hoping this would be a clever self-aware reboot of the franchise. It isn't. It has some lovely boobs. That is literally the only positive thing I could find about it. Somehow they rebooted it to be even duller and more cliched than the not-very-good originals.
na revela
na tatarbey
na Horohoro
na Adrizl
na Pickpocket
T4
So forgettable that I literally just remembered I saw it after one of my kumples gave it a score. This movie a couple hilarious deaths but it was pretty bad. The asian guy, who for some reason continues to get movies, is one of the worst characters ever conceived.
na Vicky M
na roonay3k
T10
Friday the 13th is a horror legend so why not make another reamke?? I didn't have big hopes really but I gotta say this movie was awsome! Great acting, Very nice special effects and the humour part was great too! This movie had everything a good horror movie should have! Now I hope they continue with remaking the rest of the films. Wish they had skipped the very last part but I knew it was gonna happen :p
na claireybear
na becca_face
na cranky
na tracethurman
na apecanyon
na Ev@n
T2
God how unoriginal this was. My Bloody Valentine 3D was the first film since SAW to actually be ORIGINAL. Hell it was even a remake too! Something every other horror film now a days just can't seem to be. Friday The 13th is no excepetion. Grade: D Plus
na mattybgame
na jsopanen
na eric-jan
T4
Different from most thrillers is the fact that I was at the edge of my seat throughout most of the movie. Overall a great thriller and Jared Padalecki is not a bad actor which makes all the more difference. The thing I never get is why the teens always decide it's better to go and explore in the dark by yourself, rather than staying with a group of people :D
na comanchex
na jpb33
na mr.ghodsi
na adamj1982
T5
As an entry into the F13 series, this is really good. Also, it is one of the best of the horror revival trend.
na Trey1
na SDPlissken
na DrPhilOssify
na SpokoWap
T5
Porzadny remake. Poprawny pod kazdym wzgledem, ale jednak nic ponadto. Dla fanow serii (bo film zawiera w sobie motywy z kilku czesci) - obowiazkowo.
na ViC1112
na notsothinman
na fusebox
na panchovilla
na kohut
na Barkinson
na tinythedogg
T7
This was much better than I thought it was going to be and it had some decent kills and some great moments. Starts off pretty well paced and it keeps going on from there. Micheal Bay walked out on this movie. That makes me laugh.
na cwinds
na NathonGunn
na Nickk
na teecee
T1
Værre end originalen, faktisk ærgeligt...
na mattnawrocki
na Seachusters
na filmcricket
na kevinflinttn
T2
As a major fan of the Friday The 13th series, this one was a must watch. It has its good and bad points. Good points...Jason was strong, cunning, fast, and a skilled predator; he had tunnels underground (which explained how he got around so fast during the past 20-years); pretty woman (a big part of the series). Bad points...a very, very slow movie. It was about 20-minutes or more before the characters in the movie was introduced. Not bloody enough, no camp councilors, and too bland.
na jontaylor85
na FullCollapse
na M.Robitussin
T7
really way, way better than it has any right to be. if i'm being totally honest and free of nostalgia, the first 30 minutes are pretty much the best in any friday the 13th movie.
na twincinema