Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum Criticker MOM October ...
the Blog New Enhancement Film Typ...
0 films ranked
Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees (Mears) and his deadly intentions. (imdb)
Genre: Horror
Country: USA
Directed By: Marcus Nispel
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na stoker
na LordofDance
na constantine
T1
Blood, Jason's invention of teleporting in time and place, boobs (fake), more blood, darkness, 10 min sex scene, a perv who got horny by a winter catalog, boobs (real), pointless gore scenes, Jason's incredible strength and succession at throwing murder weapons to his victims, murders in the dark, running girls.. Did I say boobs?
na Wolfenrocks
na smoonhail
na dewall
na mattybgame
na tehxiom
na slidercc
T10
A great way to reboot the series, while staying true to the original in many aspects, it also changed things up a bit. I didn't mind a faster moving jason, or a smarter jason. All in all a great film, only negatives would be the movie is too dark and its hard to tell what is happening at some moments. Also, not good enough usage of the epic jason music.
na shocking1981
na LiQuid3600
na mallratcal
na yesistasty
T1
This movie really has nothing going for it. At least it was made with some nice cameras.
na Toretto
na alexandrsaar
na kaizen
na Barney
na RavynLoony
na Rye Bread
T2
Not good. Very predictable.
na ChrisReynold
na fusebox
na yawkcorb
T6
Not bad at all, though I must admit that I am a huge Jason fan and was a little disappointed at times.
na xduartenoxx
na Teacher
na Licio
na Riptide0
T3
I enjoyed this movie, sure. It has some really serious, glaring flaws though, namely that it brings nothing to the table that the original friday the 13th movies didn't. What is the point of just remaking a movie like this with modern day characters? It falls prey to all the shortcomings of the slasher genre and makes me sad for the "future" of this genre. Where's the originality that spawned monsters like Krueger or Scream?
na Beelz
na payens
T2
I just realized I watched this movie on a Friday the 13th, what a coincidence!! But anyway, the movie sucks, as expected - although sometimes there is a well done atmosphere of fear and suspense and, I have to admit it, you get a few good scares (thumbs up that Jason runs now!). On the whole I agree with Ebert: this is probably the best movie of the series.
na Ev@n
T2
God how unoriginal this was. My Bloody Valentine 3D was the first film since SAW to actually be ORIGINAL. Hell it was even a remake too! Something every other horror film now a days just can't seem to be. Friday The 13th is no excepetion. Grade: D Plus
na JooJoo
na ScoobyCristi
na iambaggage
na gorejunky
T2
Totally unnecessary remake and boo! to making Jason a little bit "understandable" by making him a victim too. Decent effects can't even save this.
na clydeburke
na NRM01
na geegasm
na Jeb
T2
For 2009 so far, this impossibly generic slasher remake is the definite source for titties, gore, psychopathic killers wielding machetes and of course, chinese marijuana addicts, and that's saying a lot due to My Bloody Valentine 3-D being out right now. Still nothing new is crapped out from Michael Bay or Marcus Nispel's ass and we're left with a cheap-thrilled, unclever mess of a horror movie. Still reminds me of the swinging 80s though, which is good. Also who can resist the opening?
na LMFAO
na jnmovie
na slashergirl
T10
Loved this movie,sure I could b!tch about how Jason being a young boy in'80 screws with other established timelines but if writers don't care why should I ???...He's smart sets traps amazingly fast & is prone to fits of rage (just like me) ...my only real gripe with this movie is Jason kidnapping Whitney,I don't care how much she looks like his mom (My Jason wouldn't do that he'd kill her or she'd manage to kill him end of story;(Well accept for the whole cryptic double ending)
na Siltem
na mariolab
na hotsake
na mr rigard
T2
It would have been fun to have watched the disappointed faces on the Jason Faithful as they exited the theater after watching this supposed re-invention of Friday the 13th. The best way to describe it is LAME. There's not the voice warning, "Get-Get-Get, Out-Out-Out" as soon-to-be victims wander into the woods. All of the supposed "glorious" kills for which the franchise is known are quite mundane. And, the absolutely necessary final chase scene (for films is this genre) is non-existent.
na pauladutra
na bloodsome
na m_burlock
na s.weinberg
T4
"The original isn't exactly Hitchcock, but the re-makers sure treat it that way."
na cutegirlbutt
na cranky
na b.disgusting
na mekuhn41
na bobcatman09
na stacilayne
T6
"...this Friday feels the most mature of any in the series."
na SDPlissken
na eric-jan
T4
Different from most thrillers is the fact that I was at the edge of my seat throughout most of the movie. Overall a great thriller and Jared Padalecki is not a bad actor which makes all the more difference. The thing I never get is why the teens always decide it's better to go and explore in the dark by yourself, rather than staying with a group of people :D
na bullet06
na Fetsch
na themadelf66
na nataskaos
T3
So, I liked this movie in so much that there was killing and toplessness. however, I can't call it a good "film". it 's cheap, easy to predict and nothing real suprising. but man is it fun.
na auhasarderik
na Ytadel
T2
It's a shitty film, of course, but whether or not it's an entertaining movie is in the eye of the beholder. It's impossibly generic (even for a slasher) but it's got the holy trinity of tits, gore, and Jason killing people, and if that's enough for you to have a good time, more power to ya.
na Trooth
T1
After a 25-MINUTE-LONG PROLOGUE, with barely any relevance to the actual movie, it's pretty much Jason hunting down a series of tropes in minimally-creative ways. What's more, they sort of tried to cram the plots of all three of the first movies into this remake. There's the bit about Jason's mom, a period where Jason wears a bag over his head, and the discovery of the hockey mask. And nothing new or creative is made.
na jcortez702
na massesRasses
na kxlly
na SpokoWap
T5
Porzadny remake. Poprawny pod kazdym wzgledem, ale jednak nic ponadto. Dla fanow serii (bo film zawiera w sobie motywy z kilku czesci) - obowiazkowo.
na lawngreen
na jswinder
T1
Teeters between comedy and horror, retardedly.
na misterlizard
T2
Was never a fan of the originals, so was hoping this would be a clever self-aware reboot of the franchise. It isn't. It has some lovely boobs. That is literally the only positive thing I could find about it. Somehow they rebooted it to be even duller and more cliched than the not-very-good originals.
na RogerWilco
na matthewreddy
na filmcricket
na Phacoid
T1
This movie is 'stupendous' in it's disgrace. As other remakes this one moves forward with the trend of ruining great franchises. Steer clear of this. If you're being forced to watch this as a man then I can tell you that it contains boobs. However, two out of the three sets are fake. Even here it fails to deliver.
na adidawha
na DaveImboden
na ECSR
na RealMacgyver
T5
Actually a very well done reboot, though the majority of the teens are annoying douchebags
na Kobi2
na exolstice
na django
na shahness
T2
I wasn't expecting quality... but what I got was still a let down. If you're looking for a solid Friday the 13th, go with Jason Lives (Part VI) or Freddy v. Jason.
na O_o
na willow
na Nobody420
na evrana
T1
As it passed by me, I wondered "Why is it so hard to make a decent one of these? They have been at it for 30 years, couldn't they find a working formula?" A few cheeky moments here and there, but it is below average, especially when you consider that they can lean on a franchise with 7-8 movies.
na Jellysauce