Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
0 films ranked
Lady Snowblood 2: Love Song of Vengeance (1974)
Your Rating
500 characters left
Summary: Lady Snowblood (Shurayuki-hime) is caught by the police and sentenced to death for her crimes (in Lady Snowblood I). As she is sent to the gallows she is rescued by the secret police who offer her a deal to assassinate some revolutionaries. (imdb)
Country: Japan
Posted to your Facebook profile
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na zae
na electriccafe
na snallygaster
T3
This was a disappointment after seeing the first film. I admire the melancholy atmosphere to a certain extent; Shurayuki seems to have grown weary of the never-ending cycle of vengeance and even looks like she's aged significantly since the first movie (made the previous year). But the plot and most of the fight scenes seem completely uninspired and I don't think the political subtext was well thought-out.
na antidood1
na dharmabum
na kidneypunchr
na Moribunny
T2
Haha, this one's actually political.
na TheDenizen
T6
This sequel is much less interesting than the original film. Yuki gets mixed up a political scheme that ends up with everyone dead, but it's got no shortage of swordplay, and fans of Meiko Kaji will want to check it out.
na hayabusa
na Fortinbras
na Gurrkin
na jacobb1313
T4
Not nearly as interesting as the first installment, probably because Yuki gets sidelined for most of its running time, and lacks a clearly-defined goal. When we finally do have some vengeance to be wrought, it's couched in some long-form essay on modern Nationalist-identity militarism embodied through the Russo-Japanese war and the aftermath of the Meiji restoration, which is as boring to watch as it was to write just now.
na DrinkMilk
na Sduck25
T1
na auritech
T5
I'm mostly torn about this movie because there are things I really liked about it (the cinematography, the sparse atmosphere, Meiko Kaji, the ending) but things I really disliked (the story, every other actor in the film). Overall a certainly weak followup to the first, but worth watching for some fun moments. Like Yuki with a shotgun.
na x-human