Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum Criticker MOM August 2014
the Blog New Enhancement Film Typ...
0 films ranked
You Explore Interact Resources
Search
Profile All Your Rankings Starred Reviews Your Best TCIs PSIs Kumpels Wishlist
Random Film
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)
Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: Based on the popular video game franchise, female fighter Chun Li embarks on a quest for justice. (imdb)
Country: Canada
Directed By: Andrzej Bartkowiak
Written By: Justin Marks
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
T7
na dank
na Kusanagi
T1
I mean, what do you expect from a movie based off a fighting game?
na Only_Sony
na zordon
na luc
na OMGFridge
T1
Unwatchable trash. Why was this even made?
na wisseh
na KMcNeil
T1
Terrible movie, awesome entertainment. "This guy walks through the raindrops", "you've just inherited a big problem" and "your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date" are some of the finest dialogue you'll ever find in a movie. All the scenes without Klein are nigh on unbearable, but every scene with him is comedy gold. Going through the entire movie with one facial expression and hamming it up like he was in a sandwich, he absolutely kills it.
na Bitch Alert
T1
How did that japanese kid become a westerner? That's what I want to know.
na Abba
na RTomatoes
na Shino
na Farzan
T1
haha, chris klein, you fucker, you suck. Oh and this movie contains one of the worst lines i have EVER heard in my entire life; "This man is the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiry date" snaps neck. WHAT THA FUCK IS THAT
na legolas10
na purgatos
T1
"He has been the milk of my business, but even milk has an expiration date." - M. Bison, scary evil man.
na Detox
T1
This was bad enough to entertain me. I loughed a lot.
na leviward19
na evil_md
na Rampage101
na sw0
T1
This whole movie Chun-Li was crying like a bitch. So annoying.
na ZombieBuffet
na DeViLSeMo
na jack parsons
na Tripwyre
T2
Spectacularly bad. The worst movie I've seen in theatres since Fantastic 4. The script is inconcievably poor, and lazy. Superfluous narration, kung fu fight, atrocious dialog, kung fu fight, EVEN MORE NARRATION! If you must see this, it is to witness Chris Klein, acting like Christian Slater would if he'd taken lessons from David Caruso. To her credit, Kreuk isn't half bad, but Shou gets a laugh from every scene (not on purpose), and the effects budget is cheap cheap cheap. Terrible, but funny.
na Soulmerge
na joseywales
Laughable.
na aaasolanki
T1
If I had one word to describe the movie it would be stereotypical. Big ganglord whom the whole world is trying to catch, dashing officer from Interpol, unbelievably hot chic as the local police officer from Thailand, daddy's girl that learns wushu (some sort of martial arts/kung-fu) and later learns to create balls of energy with a master... Phew. Get over with it.
na Ostenski
na Ross
T1
Chris Klein has the hair of Christian Slater, the subtlety of Jim Carrey and the acting ability of, hmm, Chris Klein. This makes him laughably bad. Sadly the entertainment of watching him destroy every line is the only interesting part of this film.
na achm3d
na TheKandiman
na teashon
na Sweekoden
T1
How DARE they soil the 1994 Street Fighter by releasing this dreck? Seriously, I might be the only person alive to legitimately, genuinely, unironically hold the original Street Fighter film in high regard, yet I was still appalled by the quality of this movie. I was sure that, if nothing else, The Legend of Chun-Li would manage to be bad in a good way, but nah; it sucks. The scene where Chun-Li conjures up a spur-of-the-moment plan to pretend-seduce the female villian is hilarious, though.
na DrewTheDude
T1
The only good thing about this movie is MOTHERFUCKIN BALROG!
na rothkochapel
na juacade
na interworld
na Talvitie
T1
Kristin Kreuk does a much better than I expected, but the script is just too stupid and the directing sucks too. Michael Clarke Duncan does awesome role as Balrog, but he can't save the movie. If you're looking for an entertaimin movie for ten year old lil girls, then choose this movie.
na Lebar
na Litigator
na leodran
na saner
na murtyrock
na poltergeist
na gogokain
T2
This is terrible for a movie, but it's even worse for a live action Street Fighter movie. Which says a lot, considering the only other movie in that category. Enjoy fine dialogue such as "Your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date". Laugh as "that kinda hot girl from Smallville" tries and fails to carry a Hollywood film all on her own. Cry as Robin Shou mispronounces "Ryu". Despair as Chris Klein sets the craft of acting back to the precambrian era.
na JasonKDarby
na corley
na madmex
na chiefg
T1
This movie has been the milk of my operation. But even milk has an expiry date. DVDSNAP.
na deanazhollis
na mercury127
na Dortune
na Skottis
Horrible!!!
na caocao
T1
This would've been a success had it been 'Street Fighter: Legend Doesn't Begin to Describe Charlie Nash'. Sadly it wasn't. One can only hope for sequels.
na KeanuGrieves
na cminferno
T2
The protagonist is as compelling as a block of wood, the fights are horribly dull and the plot is a contrived mess. I can't imagine someone actually read this script and thought it was good, I mean who's the audience? It steps on too many toes to be for the fans, but its too stupid to be for anyone else. I suppose they could use this as a replacement for the death penalty. I can't tell which would be worse.
na macab
Yuck.
na fethikaval
na unluvable
T1
The only reason I went to see this movie was to support Kristin Kruek in her big screen career. This chick does it for me. So if she happens on the set of "Ishtar 2," count me in! Even with all the fanboy love I could muster, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy this film. It's a movie one could easily find themselves walking out of. I only held out because of Kruek.
na wihajster
Amusing.
na Indy
na ChrisPalm
T1
Haha, this movie actually tries to be serious
na selcukcuk
na b17h
na MCR
na mikeparasol
T2
Thoroughly enjoyable despite being astoundingly awful.
na pupetman64
na Dobermann
na SlantMag
T1
"Like a failed offspring sullying its family name, this laughable would-be diversion has only its digitally-based predecessors going for it." - Rob Humanick
na Vandelay1
Crap
na luke420187
na chemical404
T1
Another pathetic attempt to make a cool movie.
na visceroid
na imdb
na Namo-Plus
na Richnerd
na whatismyname
T1
It was one of those shitty films I wanted to watch. Seeing how I liked the 'Dragonball Evolution' film, I thought there was a chance I'd like this, didn't quite turn out that way. Kristin Kreuk seems to have aged since I've last seen her in 'Smallville' (granted it was the first season that I watched). Damn, Robin Shou hasn't aged since 'Mortal Kombat'. Chris Klein, lol..
na roonay3k
na sterling
na krazyazn01
na andagh
T1
Let off some steam Balrog?
na Luna6ix
T1
this was a joke right? a very unfunny joke. just to clarify, if you base a movie on a fighting video game that has no plot then the product is a movie that has no plot--that seems pretty logical.
na lodikrad
na TidusFFX
T2
When not even Moon Bloodgood isn't enough to save a movie, it's bad. Kreuk is more anorectic than ever and absolutely can't act. A few good moments are buried under a lot of nonsense. However, I quite liked the soundtrack.
na KenMeisters
na DougReese
na Batmite
na Lovecraft
na kenlahen
na BradRapstars
T1
Chris Klein acting for all he's worth is the only redeeming feature of this giant pile of shit. Seriously, how did no-one in the course of the creation of this movie take a deep breath and go "Oh wait, this is a pile of shit!"
na avgcrtckr
na CHOICECOD
na Cronos
na joeroxy
T1
I checked my lowest rankings and came to the conclusion this film from no on will be my new worst movie. Congratulations to the director, screenwriter and cast, especially the fellow who played 'Gem'.
na Charlie
na lostinlodos
T10
na GordonBombay
T1
Movie based on a game, seldom a good idea.
na josephbc
na corruptelite
na pknight
na Poseur117
T1
God, I wanted to like this movie so bad. Highlights include Neal McDonough even if his Bison is nothing like in the games. Robin Shou shows up as someone. Gen, I think. That was cool. Well, I guess that's it for the highlights.
na Daph_NL