Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum Masterpieces of the 21s...
the Blog Order Filmmaker List by ...
0 films ranked
You Explore Interact Resources
Search
Profile All Your Rankings Starred Reviews Your Best TCIs PSIs Kumpels Wishlist
Random Film
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)
Share Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: Based on the popular video game franchise, female fighter Chun Li embarks on a quest for justice. (imdb)
Country: Canada
Directed By: Andrzej Bartkowiak
Written By: Justin Marks
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na luke420187
na kayserili80
na lotr-sam0711
na Farzan
T1
haha, chris klein, you fucker, you suck. Oh and this movie contains one of the worst lines i have EVER heard in my entire life; "This man is the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiry date" snaps neck. WHAT THA FUCK IS THAT
na haru09
na kreuzer
na dst7175
T1
What a joke this movie is. Chris Klein maybe the worst acting ever. The movie is so bad it makes it boring. But Kristin Kreuk is hot so i gave this movie a 10 because of her.
na sw0
T1
This whole movie Chun-Li was crying like a bitch. So annoying.
na b17h
na Frankenstein
na abu_89
na SlantMag
T1
"Like a failed offspring sullying its family name, this laughable would-be diversion has only its digitally-based predecessors going for it." - Rob Humanick
na batman123
na maneeshgoel
na jacub82
na joeroxy
T1
I checked my lowest rankings and came to the conclusion this film from no on will be my new worst movie. Congratulations to the director, screenwriter and cast, especially the fellow who played 'Gem'.
na KenMeisters
na DougReese
na wihajster
na aaasolanki
T1
If I had one word to describe the movie it would be stereotypical. Big ganglord whom the whole world is trying to catch, dashing officer from Interpol, unbelievably hot chic as the local police officer from Thailand, daddy's girl that learns wushu (some sort of martial arts/kung-fu) and later learns to create balls of energy with a master... Phew. Get over with it.
na MentalCritic
na PerryStroika
na unluvable
T1
The only reason I went to see this movie was to support Kristin Kruek in her big screen career. This chick does it for me. So if she happens on the set of "Ishtar 2," count me in! Even with all the fanboy love I could muster, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy this film. It's a movie one could easily find themselves walking out of. I only held out because of Kruek.
na Richnerd
na donquixotic
na madiso
na luc
na achm3d
na mikeparasol
T2
Thoroughly enjoyable despite being astoundingly awful.
na ChrisPalm
T1
Haha, this movie actually tries to be serious
na imajericho
Laughable.
na Lovecraft
na TidusFFX
T2
When not even Moon Bloodgood isn't enough to save a movie, it's bad. Kreuk is more anorectic than ever and absolutely can't act. A few good moments are buried under a lot of nonsense. However, I quite liked the soundtrack.
na pknight
na Litigator
na bitoogii
na ShogunRua
T1
One of the worst films ever made. The combination of hilariously awful acting, one of the worst cast leads AND villains ever, atrocious fight scenes, asinine plot holes, and meaningless shots and sequences makes the first Street Fighter film seem like a great action gem by comparison.
na NELLY
na interworld
na Crazy Jack
na Ev@n
T1
I had high expectations for this. Not that I ever expected it to be good of course, I had hoped that it would be laughably bad so at least I could get something out of it. Unfortunately I didn't get to laugh at it...just yawn. Grade: F
na Bunyas
na 5wolf7
na Dortune
na micah
T1
Terrible action movie that features the phenomenally poor casting choice of American Pie's Chris Klein as a hardboiled detective. Every scene he's in is so hammed up that it's entertaining despite the wooden dialogue. The action for most of the movie is uncreative. There aren't even any street fights.
na Cataruxa
na yaisog
na yupppie
na Bubsy3D
T1
this movie is why i love the van damme street fighter
na willow
na Rampage101
na NhanLa
na FullCollapse
na caocao
T1
This would've been a success had it been 'Street Fighter: Legend Doesn't Begin to Describe Charlie Nash'. Sadly it wasn't. One can only hope for sequels.
na d_realword
na bishnu83
na Shawn
na cminferno
T2
The protagonist is as compelling as a block of wood, the fights are horribly dull and the plot is a contrived mess. I can't imagine someone actually read this script and thought it was good, I mean who's the audience? It steps on too many toes to be for the fans, but its too stupid to be for anyone else. I suppose they could use this as a replacement for the death penalty. I can't tell which would be worse.
na Charlie
na Detox
T1
This was bad enough to entertain me. I loughed a lot.
na Malarky
na sigh
na Vandelay1
Crap
na legolas10
na Only_Sony
na BradRapstars
T1
Chris Klein acting for all he's worth is the only redeeming feature of this giant pile of shit. Seriously, how did no-one in the course of the creation of this movie take a deep breath and go "Oh wait, this is a pile of shit!"
na karabe
na Daffy6964
na deanazhollis
na leodran
na DaWolfey
T1
Is she supposed to be a super hero, or just a vigilante out for revenge? If the film doesn't know then we don't know either. At the end she decides to go to a kung-fu tournament. "I HEARD A GUY CALLED RYU IS IN THAT TOURNAMENT, YOU BETTER LOOK OUT FOR HIM" *turns to camera* (That is an actual line from the film). I guess they plan on making a film for each character, but seeing how big a disaster this one was, I hope not.
na filmaffinity
na Poseur117
T1
God, I wanted to like this movie so bad. Highlights include Neal McDonough even if his Bison is nothing like in the games. Robin Shou shows up as someone. Gen, I think. That was cool. Well, I guess that's it for the highlights.
na dustinputman
na lmanpig
na Senkana
T7
na akaryakar
na Ross
T1
Chris Klein has the hair of Christian Slater, the subtlety of Jim Carrey and the acting ability of, hmm, Chris Klein. This makes him laughably bad. Sadly the entertainment of watching him destroy every line is the only interesting part of this film.
na avgcrtckr
na mostafah
na chemical404
T1
Another pathetic attempt to make a cool movie.
na temperaguy
na Tic!
na hjones789
na Kusanagi
T1
I mean, what do you expect from a movie based off a fighting game?
na Adobe Slats
na rhinderman
na KMcNeil
T1
Terrible movie, awesome entertainment. "This guy walks through the raindrops", "you've just inherited a big problem" and "your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date" are some of the finest dialogue you'll ever find in a movie. All the scenes without Klein are nigh on unbearable, but every scene with him is comedy gold. Going through the entire movie with one facial expression and hamming it up like he was in a sandwich, he absolutely kills it.
na walkearth
na murdemotion
na coveleski
na Luna6ix
T1
this was a joke right? a very unfunny joke. just to clarify, if you base a movie on a fighting video game that has no plot then the product is a movie that has no plot--that seems pretty logical.
na I'm prowler
na Marcos92
na Dobermann
na OMGFridge
T1
Unwatchable trash. Why was this even made?
na krazyazn01
na sterling
na gogokain
T2
This is terrible for a movie, but it's even worse for a live action Street Fighter movie. Which says a lot, considering the only other movie in that category. Enjoy fine dialogue such as "Your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date". Laugh as "that kinda hot girl from Smallville" tries and fails to carry a Hollywood film all on her own. Cry as Robin Shou mispronounces "Ryu". Despair as Chris Klein sets the craft of acting back to the precambrian era.
na Rocko
na CMQuinn
na metehan13
na GordonBombay
T1
Movie based on a game, seldom a good idea.
na aadhi
na dice
na madmex
na Tripwyre
T2
Spectacularly bad. The worst movie I've seen in theatres since Fantastic 4. The script is inconcievably poor, and lazy. Superfluous narration, kung fu fight, atrocious dialog, kung fu fight, EVEN MORE NARRATION! If you must see this, it is to witness Chris Klein, acting like Christian Slater would if he'd taken lessons from David Caruso. To her credit, Kreuk isn't half bad, but Shou gets a laugh from every scene (not on purpose), and the effects budget is cheap cheap cheap. Terrible, but funny.
na Ximum
na DrewTheDude
T1
The only good thing about this movie is MOTHERFUCKIN BALROG!
na epillepsy
na smr5354
T8
na KeanuGrieves
na doctor7
T2
Everything you've heard about Chris Klein is this movie is 110% true. He's an absolute gem in this pile of horrendous trash. It's like he was filmed entirely with another crew who all knew the kind of movie they were making while Kristin Kreuk was under some dillusion of the film's greatness. Needless to say she's terrible and every moment Klein isn't on the screen in glorious Seagal/Norris/Bronson fashion this movie hurts. But when he is this movie soars into over-acting comedy town.
na Jorg
na Mikado
na wisseh
na chaotron
T1
It's amazing that the two most ridiculous characters in a Street Fighter movie are "regular" cops. I wonder how everyone managed to keep a straight face while saying their absurd lines. Five points for unintentional humor.
na RoXoN
na Wiche
T1
Did I really see a Kamehameha in this flick? Because I've seen that in Dragonball Z already and that's a cartoon.. What a machobehaviour, it really annoyed the crap out of me. This film was bad in every way it could have been.
na reeses87
T7
na dangeek
na Sweekoden
T1
How DARE they soil the 1994 Street Fighter by releasing this dreck? Seriously, I might be the only person alive to legitimately, genuinely, unironically hold the original Street Fighter film in high regard, yet I was still appalled by the quality of this movie. I was sure that, if nothing else, The Legend of Chun-Li would manage to be bad in a good way, but nah; it sucks. The scene where Chun-Li conjures up a spur-of-the-moment plan to pretend-seduce the female villian is hilarious, though.
na phil-