Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
currently at ...
the Forum 2014Best so far and wha...
the Blog New Enhancement Film Typ...
0 films ranked
You Explore Interact Resources
Search
Profile All Your Rankings Starred Reviews Your Best TCIs PSIs Kumpels Wishlist
Random Film
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)
Post to Facebook
Posted to your Facebook profile
Rank It
500 characters left
Summary: Based on the popular video game franchise, female fighter Chun Li embarks on a quest for justice. (imdb)
Country: Canada
Directed By: Andrzej Bartkowiak
Written By: Justin Marks
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na Detox
T1
This was bad enough to entertain me. I loughed a lot.
na macab
na Sacit
na Jos
na TidusFFX
T2
When not even Moon Bloodgood isn't enough to save a movie, it's bad. Kreuk is more anorectic than ever and absolutely can't act. A few good moments are buried under a lot of nonsense. However, I quite liked the soundtrack.
na RTomatoes
na Daffy6964
na adidawha
na DustinBrett
na Wiche
T1
Did I really see a Kamehameha in this flick? Because I've seen that in Dragonball Z already and that's a cartoon.. What a machobehaviour, it really annoyed the crap out of me. This film was bad in every way it could have been.
na leon4735
Crap
na klevolainen
na OMGFridge
T1
Unwatchable trash. Why was this even made?
na BradRapstars
T1
Chris Klein acting for all he's worth is the only redeeming feature of this giant pile of shit. Seriously, how did no-one in the course of the creation of this movie take a deep breath and go "Oh wait, this is a pile of shit!"
na jordanlige
na krazyazn01
na saner
na achm3d
na Kusanagi
T1
I mean, what do you expect from a movie based off a fighting game?
na I'm prowler
na Charlie
na lodikrad
na DrewTheDude
T1
The only good thing about this movie is MOTHERFUCKIN BALROG!
na autocrat
na JasonKDarby
na Malarky
na massesRasses
na arzinger
na TheKandiman
na Bubsy3D
T1
this movie is why i love the van damme street fighter
na Daph_NL
T9
na roonay3k
Love Lana, hated the movie! :P
na Doggr_Jones
na Sweekoden
T1
How DARE they soil the 1994 Street Fighter by releasing this dreck? Seriously, I might be the only person alive to legitimately, genuinely, unironically hold the original Street Fighter film in high regard, yet I was still appalled by the quality of this movie. I was sure that, if nothing else, The Legend of Chun-Li would manage to be bad in a good way, but nah; it sucks. The scene where Chun-Li conjures up a spur-of-the-moment plan to pretend-seduce the female villian is hilarious, though.
na Holygrail2
na yupppie
na rhinderman
na KMcNeil
T1
Terrible movie, awesome entertainment. "This guy walks through the raindrops", "you've just inherited a big problem" and "your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date" are some of the finest dialogue you'll ever find in a movie. All the scenes without Klein are nigh on unbearable, but every scene with him is comedy gold. Going through the entire movie with one facial expression and hamming it up like he was in a sandwich, he absolutely kills it.
na b17h
na willow
na RoXoN
na micah
T1
Terrible action movie that features the phenomenally poor casting choice of American Pie's Chris Klein as a hardboiled detective. Every scene he's in is so hammed up that it's entertaining despite the wooden dialogue. The action for most of the movie is uncreative. There aren't even any street fights.
na Skottis
na NhanLa
na bitoogii
na Talvitie
T1
Kristin Kreuk does a much better than I expected, but the script is just too stupid and the directing sucks too. Michael Clarke Duncan does awesome role as Balrog, but he can't save the movie. If you're looking for an entertaimin movie for ten year old lil girls, then choose this movie.
na DaeSanye
na yasirb
na Bruce
na Poseur117
T1
God, I wanted to like this movie so bad. Highlights include Neal McDonough even if his Bison is nothing like in the games. Robin Shou shows up as someone. Gen, I think. That was cool. Well, I guess that's it for the highlights.
na omerdemir
na Skerringer
na Farzan
T1
haha, chris klein, you fucker, you suck. Oh and this movie contains one of the worst lines i have EVER heard in my entire life; "This man is the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiry date" snaps neck. WHAT THA FUCK IS THAT
na GordonBombay
T1
Movie based on a game, seldom a good idea.
na hansen1973
na chiefg
T1
This movie has been the milk of my operation. But even milk has an expiry date. DVDSNAP.
na coreyj
na bishnu83
na murtyrock
na Ytadel
T3
Astoundingly, gloriously awful. That the action scenes, plot, characters, and dialogue are excrementitious should surprise no one, but special shoutouts must go to Chris Klein, who gives one of the all-time great terrible performances, induing Charlie Nash with cringe-inducing, laugh-out-loud "attitude" like he missed that fact that 80's action movies have been gone for two decades. 30 extra points for brilliant badness.
na synweap
na smr5354
T8
na Ev@n
T1
I had high expectations for this. Not that I ever expected it to be good of course, I had hoped that it would be laughably bad so at least I could get something out of it. Unfortunately I didn't get to laugh at it...just yawn. Grade: F
na joeroxy
T1
I checked my lowest rankings and came to the conclusion this film from no on will be my new worst movie. Congratulations to the director, screenwriter and cast, especially the fellow who played 'Gem'.
na coveleski
na AlAcA
na MovieCrazy21
na Luna6ix
T1
this was a joke right? a very unfunny joke. just to clarify, if you base a movie on a fighting video game that has no plot then the product is a movie that has no plot--that seems pretty logical.
na LOTNorm
na temperaguy
na undersmiles
na andagh
T1
Let off some steam Balrog?
na 5wolf7
na rothkochapel
na wavymouth
na Ross
T1
Chris Klein has the hair of Christian Slater, the subtlety of Jim Carrey and the acting ability of, hmm, Chris Klein. This makes him laughably bad. Sadly the entertainment of watching him destroy every line is the only interesting part of this film.
na hajikarimi
na bedirhankara
na Hyomil
na Tripwyre
T2
Spectacularly bad. The worst movie I've seen in theatres since Fantastic 4. The script is inconcievably poor, and lazy. Superfluous narration, kung fu fight, atrocious dialog, kung fu fight, EVEN MORE NARRATION! If you must see this, it is to witness Chris Klein, acting like Christian Slater would if he'd taken lessons from David Caruso. To her credit, Kreuk isn't half bad, but Shou gets a laugh from every scene (not on purpose), and the effects budget is cheap cheap cheap. Terrible, but funny.
na tedrock
na gavinbennett
na evil_md
na ToeAndno
na DaWolfey
T1
Is she supposed to be a super hero, or just a vigilante out for revenge? If the film doesn't know then we don't know either. At the end she decides to go to a kung-fu tournament. "I HEARD A GUY CALLED RYU IS IN THAT TOURNAMENT, YOU BETTER LOOK OUT FOR HIM" *turns to camera* (That is an actual line from the film). I guess they plan on making a film for each character, but seeing how big a disaster this one was, I hope not.
na unluvable
T1
The only reason I went to see this movie was to support Kristin Kruek in her big screen career. This chick does it for me. So if she happens on the set of "Ishtar 2," count me in! Even with all the fanboy love I could muster, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy this film. It's a movie one could easily find themselves walking out of. I only held out because of Kruek.
na Litigator
na sw0
T1
This whole movie Chun-Li was crying like a bitch. So annoying.
na ZombieBuffet
na karabe
na Paradol
na chaotron
T1
It's amazing that the two most ridiculous characters in a Street Fighter movie are "regular" cops. I wonder how everyone managed to keep a straight face while saying their absurd lines. Five points for unintentional humor.
na lmanpig
na poltergeist
na doctor7
T2
Everything you've heard about Chris Klein is this movie is 110% true. He's an absolute gem in this pile of horrendous trash. It's like he was filmed entirely with another crew who all knew the kind of movie they were making while Kristin Kreuk was under some dillusion of the film's greatness. Needless to say she's terrible and every moment Klein isn't on the screen in glorious Seagal/Norris/Bronson fashion this movie hurts. But when he is this movie soars into over-acting comedy town.
na abu_89
na Mirelurk
na Barkinson
na Bitch Alert
T1
How did that japanese kid become a westerner? That's what I want to know.
na MentalCritic
na Tic!
na Richnerd
na ShogunRua
T1
One of the worst films ever made. The combination of hilariously awful acting, one of the worst cast leads AND villains ever, atrocious fight scenes, asinine plot holes, and meaningless shots and sequences makes the first Street Fighter film seem like a great action gem by comparison.
na wihajster
na Sheldrake
na cutegirlbutt
na whatismyname
T1
It was one of those shitty films I wanted to watch. Seeing how I liked the 'Dragonball Evolution' film, I thought there was a chance I'd like this, didn't quite turn out that way. Kristin Kreuk seems to have aged since I've last seen her in 'Smallville' (granted it was the first season that I watched). Damn, Robin Shou hasn't aged since 'Mortal Kombat'. Chris Klein, lol..
na murdemotion
na Cantstopdrew
na legolas10
na purgatos
T1
"He has been the milk of my business, but even milk has an expiration date." - M. Bison, scary evil man.
Displaying 1 to 250 of 321 total rankings: Prev | Next