Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
0 films ranked
profile
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)
Your Rating
500 characters left
Summary: Based on the popular video game franchise, female fighter Chun Li embarks on a quest for justice. (imdb)
Country: Canada
Directed By: Andrzej Bartkowiak
Written By: Justin Marks
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
loading Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na Indy Indy
na Holygrail2
na micah
T1
Terrible action movie that features the phenomenally poor casting choice of American Pie's Chris Klein as a hardboiled detective. Every scene he's in is so hammed up that it's entertaining despite the wooden dialogue. The action for most of the movie is uncreative. There aren't even any street fights.
na madiso madiso
na DrewTheDude DrewTheDude
T1
The only good thing about this movie is MOTHERFUCKIN BALROG!
na cengizhan cengizhan
na roonay3k roonay3k
Love Lana, hated the movie! :P
na joeroxy joeroxy
T1
I checked my lowest rankings and came to the conclusion this film from no on will be my new worst movie. Congratulations to the director, screenwriter and cast, especially the fellow who played 'Gem'.
na siahvasch siahvasch
na chemical404 chemical404
T1
Another pathetic attempt to make a cool movie.
na legolas10 legolas10
na coolmatty37
na kangadoodoo kangadoodoo
na Farzan Farzan
T1
haha, chris klein, you fucker, you suck. Oh and this movie contains one of the worst lines i have EVER heard in my entire life; "This man is the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiry date" snaps neck. WHAT THA FUCK IS THAT
na Mawazh Mawazh
na tosun tosun
na NathanChinn
na tedrock tedrock
na deanazhollis
na luke420187
na Talvitie Talvitie
T1
Kristin Kreuk does a much better than I expected, but the script is just too stupid and the directing sucks too. Michael Clarke Duncan does awesome role as Balrog, but he can't save the movie. If you're looking for an entertaimin movie for ten year old lil girls, then choose this movie.
na cemici cemici
na riseoffall
na mchen
na doctor7 doctor7
T2
Everything you've heard about Chris Klein is this movie is 110% true. He's an absolute gem in this pile of horrendous trash. It's like he was filmed entirely with another crew who all knew the kind of movie they were making while Kristin Kreuk was under some dillusion of the film's greatness. Needless to say she's terrible and every moment Klein isn't on the screen in glorious Seagal/Norris/Bronson fashion this movie hurts. But when he is this movie soars into over-acting comedy town.
na d_realword
na LordBeefJerk
na fethikaval fethikaval
na navi navi
T5
Really a bastardization of Street Fighter, but some of the fight scenes were well-done.
na autocrat
na hajikarimi hajikarimi
na Batmite
na empire434
na DaWolfey DaWolfey
T1
Is she supposed to be a super hero, or just a vigilante out for revenge? If the film doesn't know then we don't know either. At the end she decides to go to a kung-fu tournament. "I HEARD A GUY CALLED RYU IS IN THAT TOURNAMENT, YOU BETTER LOOK OUT FOR HIM" *turns to camera* (That is an actual line from the film). I guess they plan on making a film for each character, but seeing how big a disaster this one was, I hope not.
na Skerringer
na D34F PeterdeJ
na dank
na mikeparasol
T2
Thoroughly enjoyable despite being astoundingly awful.
na bitoogii
na MrSsang Mr.Ssang
na Meta_Critic Meta Critic
na GordonBombay GordonBombay
T1
Movie based on a game, seldom a good idea.
na Salabab
na KenMeisters KenMeisters
na Keabus Keabus
na aaasolanki aaasolanki
T1
If I had one word to describe the movie it would be stereotypical. Big ganglord whom the whole world is trying to catch, dashing officer from Interpol, unbelievably hot chic as the local police officer from Thailand, daddy's girl that learns wushu (some sort of martial arts/kung-fu) and later learns to create balls of energy with a master... Phew. Get over with it.
na Trapspringer Trapspringer
na hansen1973
na Darbicus Darbicus
na OMGFridge OMGFridge
T1
Unwatchable trash. Why was this even made?
na unluvable unluvable
T1
The only reason I went to see this movie was to support Kristin Kruek in her big screen career. This chick does it for me. So if she happens on the set of "Ishtar 2," count me in! Even with all the fanboy love I could muster, I couldn't bring myself to enjoy this film. It's a movie one could easily find themselves walking out of. I only held out because of Kruek.
na korbenPL korbenPL
na Overkill Overkill
na GentlemanRC GentlemanRC
na BradRapstars
T1
Chris Klein acting for all he's worth is the only redeeming feature of this giant pile of shit. Seriously, how did no-one in the course of the creation of this movie take a deep breath and go "Oh wait, this is a pile of shit!"
na kafadar kafadar
na tunchan
na Gide0n
na Sweekoden Sweekoden
T1
How DARE they soil the 1994 Street Fighter by releasing this dreck? Seriously, I might be the only person alive to legitimately, genuinely, unironically hold the original Street Fighter film in high regard, yet I was still appalled by the quality of this movie. I was sure that, if nothing else, The Legend of Chun-Li would manage to be bad in a good way, but nah; it sucks. The scene where Chun-Li conjures up a spur-of-the-moment plan to pretend-seduce the female villian is hilarious, though.
na whisperinal whisperin_al
na wihajster wihajster
na toro913
na caocao caocao
T1
This would've been a success had it been 'Street Fighter: Legend Doesn't Begin to Describe Charlie Nash'. Sadly it wasn't. One can only hope for sequels.
na sophie sophie
Yuck.
na ChrisPalm
T1
Haha, this movie actually tries to be serious
na Aurora poo
na fuquaz fuquaz
na b17h
na RyuKang1995 RyuKang1995
na Crazy_Jack Crazy Jack
na TidusFFX
T2
When not even Moon Bloodgood isn't enough to save a movie, it's bad. Kreuk is more anorectic than ever and absolutely can't act. A few good moments are buried under a lot of nonsense. However, I quite liked the soundtrack.
na geegasm
na Skeeter
T8
na Ytadel Ytadel
T3
Astoundingly, gloriously awful. That the action scenes, plot, characters, and dialogue are excrementitious should surprise no one, but special shoutouts must go to Chris Klein, who gives one of the all-time great terrible performances, induing Charlie Nash with cringe-inducing, laugh-out-loud "attitude" like he missed that fact that 80's action movies have been gone for two decades. 30 extra points for brilliant badness.
na johnatanjj johnatanjj
na atsiz
na peekingpanda peekingpanda
na andagh andagh
T1
Let off some steam Balrog?
na sw0 sw0
T1
This whole movie Chun-Li was crying like a bitch. So annoying.
na MCR
na Lovecraft
na Moonriver Moonriver
na Wiche Wiche
T1
Did I really see a Kamehameha in this flick? Because I've seen that in Dragonball Z already and that's a cartoon.. What a machobehaviour, it really annoyed the crap out of me. This film was bad in every way it could have been.
na MrBlackTron MrBlackTron
T8
İnsan izlerken, senelerdir tanıdığımız Chun-Li nin geçmişi ve yaşamı bu kadar iyi çekilebilirdi diye düşünüyor. Dövüş sahneleri başarılı, aksiyon kıvamında, içeriğinde birçok soru işaretini cevaplaması nedenyiel de senaryo yerinde, kısacası Street fighter seven birinin mutlaka izlemesi gereken film.
na Risingashes
na Litigator
na mallamp
na Ross Ross
T1
Chris Klein has the hair of Christian Slater, the subtlety of Jim Carrey and the acting ability of, hmm, Chris Klein. This makes him laughably bad. Sadly the entertainment of watching him destroy every line is the only interesting part of this film.
na LOTNorm LOTNorm
na crak
na Tripwyre Tripwyre
T2
Spectacularly bad. The worst movie I've seen in theatres since Fantastic 4. The script is inconcievably poor, and lazy. Superfluous narration, kung fu fight, atrocious dialog, kung fu fight, EVEN MORE NARRATION! If you must see this, it is to witness Chris Klein, acting like Christian Slater would if he'd taken lessons from David Caruso. To her credit, Kreuk isn't half bad, but Shou gets a laugh from every scene (not on purpose), and the effects budget is cheap cheap cheap. Terrible, but funny.
na Architeutis Architeutis
na Rampage101
na sirphibes sirphibes
na gogokain gogokain
T2
This is terrible for a movie, but it's even worse for a live action Street Fighter movie. Which says a lot, considering the only other movie in that category. Enjoy fine dialogue such as "Your father has been the milk of my operation, but even milk has an expiration date". Laugh as "that kinda hot girl from Smallville" tries and fails to carry a Hollywood film all on her own. Cry as Robin Shou mispronounces "Ryu". Despair as Chris Klein sets the craft of acting back to the precambrian era.
na XacK XacK
na visceroid visceroid
na saner saner
na Frankenstein Frankenstein
na temperaguy
na Kraven1905 Kraven1905
na Ev@n
T1
I had high expectations for this. Not that I ever expected it to be good of course, I had hoped that it would be laughably bad so at least I could get something out of it. Unfortunately I didn't get to laugh at it...just yawn. Grade: F
na Snazz Snazz
na murdemotion murdemotion
na Hyomil Hyomil
na Mirelurk Mirelurk
na Bubsy3D
T1
this movie is why i love the van damme street fighter
na cminferno cminferno
T2
The protagonist is as compelling as a block of wood, the fights are horribly dull and the plot is a contrived mess. I can't imagine someone actually read this script and thought it was good, I mean who's the audience? It steps on too many toes to be for the fans, but its too stupid to be for anyone else. I suppose they could use this as a replacement for the death penalty. I can't tell which would be worse.
na willow
na NhanLa
na sgdrew_ii sgdrew
na Lebar Lebar
na Mop3rs Mop3rs.
na yupppie
na chaotron chaotron
T1
It's amazing that the two most ridiculous characters in a Street Fighter movie are "regular" cops. I wonder how everyone managed to keep a straight face while saying their absurd lines. Five points for unintentional humor.
na massesRasses massesRasses
na Bitch_Alert Bitch Alert
T1
How did that japanese kid become a westerner? That's what I want to know.
na dice dice