Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
0 films ranked
profile
TV Special
The Fair-Haired Child (2006)
Your Rating
500 characters left
Summary: A warlock couple abduct a young teenage girl to sacrifice her to a mysterious and evil entity as an offering to resurrect their long-dead boy. (imdb)
Genre: Horror
Country: USA
Directed By: William Malone
Written By: Matt Greenberg
AKA: "Masters of Horror"
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
loading Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na Zoltan Zoltan
na mightysparks mightysparks
na soybomb42
na vfxninja
na Jeb Jeb
T6
Pretty good for Masters of Horror. One of their better episodes.
na lauratron lauratron
na tomelce tomelce
T1
As directed by the "master of horror" behind fear dot com, The Fair Haired Child is a work of utter mindlessness -- easily the worst entry into the Masters of Horror series -- rich in leaps in logic, atrocious one-liners and abysmal acting, but woefully devoid of scares or interest. Only the design of its chosen monster is worth a look. The rest is worryingly close to the pits.
na CMQuinn CMQuinn
na tatasonne tatasonne
na mgroves1 mgroves1
na stephane92 mistephane
na jacobb1313 jacobb1313
T5
I enjoyed it, despite how dumb some of the logic jumps are. I like the fact the episode stays away from all-out action, gore, and nudity, and at least tries to tell a good story. While failing in some respects, it's still admirable.
na mayabelle
na NathanDarko NathanDarko
na creck creck
na demirtas
na Kojiless Kojiless
T4
The moral of the story? Er... I'm glad my mom's not a drunk? I can just imagine the Masters of Horror board room when they were discussing the episode - Exec: "I like the concept, but there isn't any nudity." Director: "But I don't feel--" Exec: "Nudity." Director: "But I--" Exec: "Nuuudity." Director: "But--" Exec: "Nudity!" Director: "Alright, alright. Will a picture of naked women found in a cursed book work?" Exec: "Definitely."
na potatohead potatohead
na Typha
na donquixotic
na Riptide0 Riptide0
T4
Scary monster aside, I was fairly bored with this episode.
na Zeno
na undinum undinum
na itschinatown
na Stain Stain
T7
William Malone is not what I'd call a "Master of Horror" by a long shot... which is all the more reason I am pleasantly surprised by this one. The monsters we do see are a little silly, but the monster we don't... and the more human monsters we do see... make up for them. A truly unsettling and all too believable tale, right down to the really not terribly "happy" ending
na Bavafreak
na jcortez702
na gokhanince gokhanince
na saudade saudade
na Falooza Falooza
T8
I wasn't expecting much from this episode since no one ever seems to mention it (when discussing Masters of Horror), but I was pleasantly surprised. The house was breathtaking and the story was decent. Its definitely safe to say this is one of the better episodes.
na soia1979
na Luna6ix Luna6ix
T7
the "fair-hair child" is actually one of the most genuinely creepy monsters in modern horror, and the plot is much better than most of the masters of horror episodes (ie. "pelts"--yeah i know, it's BAD). it's too bad that malone couldn't fill the mere hour he had with some more action, that really does damage to what this could have been.
na DrinkMilk
na wlinn751 wlinn751
na loserville
na djamymoon
na hellboy76 hellboy76
T5
Pretty decent entry into the "Masters of Horror" series (which never seems to involve and Masters of anything).
na sweevo sweevo
na Coheed
na Herrguth Herrguth
na komois
na jimmyjazz
na Moribunny Moribunny
T4
The "Masturbators of Horror" series is mainly a reminder of how lacking the genre is in real quality writers. This particular specimen, while not even close to intelligent storytelling, is not quite as stupid as most of the others. It certainly helps that the acting, makeup and music here are really good. I wouldn't call it a good movie but I actually rather enjoyed it.
na slayerdoll slayerdoll
na freakman freakman
na Scarface Scarface
na amecylia amecylia
T7
I class this as one of the better "Masters of Horror" films. I found it sufficiently creepy and engaging. The story was decent and I quite liked the ending.
na blucthulhu
na efrasiyab efrasiyab
na Diamorphoses Diamorphoses
na TripleSH TripleSH
T4
While well crafted, it really isn't one of the better Masters of Horror episodes. If you plan on watching the whole series, then definitely watch this, because you have to to watch the whole series, but otherwise, you can skip it.
na joseywales joseywales
T8
Pretty damn good as far as the Masters of Horror series goes. Visually reminiscent of Malone's "House on Haunted Hill" remake with expressionist camera angles and lighting, and that jerky monster movement that so many people fear.
na mCihhh mCihhh
na Veterini Veterini
na dzejson dzejson
na Dellamorte81 Dellamorte81
na tinythedogg tinythedogg
T10
na Darko Vandelay1
T9
One of the best MoH movies
Average Tier 4.82 from 94 Rankings rss