Criticker.com - Film Recommendations and Community
0 films ranked
profile
TV Special
The Fair-Haired Child (2006)
Your Rating
500 characters left
Summary: A warlock couple abduct a young teenage girl to sacrifice her to a mysterious and evil entity as an offering to resurrect their long-dead boy. (imdb)
Genre: Horror
Country: USA
Directed By: William Malone
Written By: Matt Greenberg
AKA: "Masters of Horror"
Additional Information & Actions
More information at IMDb
Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!
Ratings
loading Loading Products from Amazon and Ebay
Show:All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
TCI User Score
na itschinatown
na HKi
na Darko Vandelay1
T9
One of the best MoH movies
na twiser
na Veterini Veterini
na creck creck
na amecylia amecylia
T8
I class this as one of the better "Masters of Horror" films. I found it sufficiently creepy and engaging. The story was decent and I quite liked the ending.
na blucthulhu
na joseywales joseywales
T8
Pretty damn good as far as the Masters of Horror series goes. Visually reminiscent of Malone's "House on Haunted Hill" remake with expressionist camera angles and lighting, and that jerky monster movement that so many people fear.
na TripleSH TripleSH
T4
While well crafted, it really isn't one of the better Masters of Horror episodes. If you plan on watching the whole series, then definitely watch this, because you have to to watch the whole series, but otherwise, you can skip it.
na kingofjew kingofjew
na Sunsplitter
na Stain Stain
T7
William Malone is not what I'd call a "Master of Horror" by a long shot... which is all the more reason I am pleasantly surprised by this one. The monsters we do see are a little silly, but the monster we don't... and the more human monsters we do see... make up for them. A truly unsettling and all too believable tale, right down to the really not terribly "happy" ending
na Herrguth Herrguth
na mindheart mindheart
T10
na lauratron lauratron
na Monster Monster
na soybomb42
na hellboy76 hellboy76
T5
Pretty decent entry into the "Masters of Horror" series (which never seems to involve and Masters of anything).
na damlaergan damlaergan
na hotdogfarmer
na mgroves1 mgroves1
na seventwelve
na donquixotic
na Riptide0 Riptide0
T4
Scary monster aside, I was fairly bored with this episode.
na Onderhond
na wlinn751 wlinn751
na IMDb_byvotes IMDb-byvotes
na Moribunny Moribunny
T4
The "Masturbators of Horror" series is mainly a reminder of how lacking the genre is in real quality writers. This particular specimen, while not even close to intelligent storytelling, is not quite as stupid as most of the others. It certainly helps that the acting, makeup and music here are really good. I wouldn't call it a good movie but I actually rather enjoyed it.
na mCihhh mCihhh
na Baby_Fish Baby Fish
na elmakebabi elmakebabi
na Luna6ix Luna6ix
T7
the "fair-hair child" is actually one of the most genuinely creepy monsters in modern horror, and the plot is much better than most of the masters of horror episodes (ie. "pelts"--yeah i know, it's BAD). it's too bad that malone couldn't fill the mere hour he had with some more action, that really does damage to what this could have been.
na ribcage ribcage
na gokhanince gokhanince
na imdb imdb
na Falooza Falooza
T8
I wasn't expecting much from this episode since no one ever seems to mention it (when discussing Masters of Horror), but I was pleasantly surprised. The house was breathtaking and the story was decent. Its definitely safe to say this is one of the better episodes.
na Typha
na tatasonne tatasonne
na poltergeist poltergeist
na tomelce tomelce
T1
As directed by the "master of horror" behind fear dot com, The Fair Haired Child is a work of utter mindlessness -- easily the worst entry into the Masters of Horror series -- rich in leaps in logic, atrocious one-liners and abysmal acting, but woefully devoid of scares or interest. Only the design of its chosen monster is worth a look. The rest is worryingly close to the pits.
na soia1979
na SpokoWap SpokoWap
na Bavafreak
na freakman freakman
na dzejson dzejson
na CMQuinn CMQuinn
na jacobb1313 jacobb1313
T5
I enjoyed it, despite how dumb some of the logic jumps are. I like the fact the episode stays away from all-out action, gore, and nudity, and at least tries to tell a good story. While failing in some respects, it's still admirable.
na CritickerAvg
na Kojiless Kojiless
T4
The moral of the story? Er... I'm glad my mom's not a drunk? I can just imagine the Masters of Horror board room when they were discussing the episode - Exec: "I like the concept, but there isn't any nudity." Director: "But I don't feel--" Exec: "Nudity." Director: "But I--" Exec: "Nuuudity." Director: "But--" Exec: "Nudity!" Director: "Alright, alright. Will a picture of naked women found in a cursed book work?" Exec: "Definitely."
na Jeb Jeb
T6
Pretty good for Masters of Horror. One of their better episodes.
na dhabit