Menace II Society

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
nauru
1667 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Menace II Society

Post by nauru »

At the beginning I thought Sam L Jackson was the main character's father.

But then at the end he's talking to his dad and that's not Sam L Jackson. So who was Sam L Jackson's character? Where was the main character's father in the early scenes in the film depicting the main character's childhood?

Thanks.

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Re: Menace II Society

Post by hellboy76 »

nauru wrote:At the beginning I thought Sam L Jackson was the main character's father.

But then at the end he's talking to his dad and that's not Sam L Jackson. So who was Sam L Jackson's character? Where was the main character's father in the early scenes in the film depicting the main character's childhood?

Thanks.

Samuel Jackson is Caine's father. If I remember right, he died during a drug deal shortly before Caine's mother. Hence him living with the grandparents. If you are referring to the man who wants him to move to ATL that is his , I don't know, mentor?

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Yeah at the end of the film he visits a guy in prison who I thought was referred to as his father. They talk through the glass/phone at prison and the guy urges Caine to go to Atlanta.

If that's not his father, then who is he?

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

nauru wrote:Yeah at the end of the film he visits a guy in prison who I thought was referred to as his father. They talk through the glass/phone at prison and the guy urges Caine to go to Atlanta.

If that's not his father, then who is he?

It's his mentor and boyfriend/husband to the girl who wants to go to ATL with him.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Okay thanks.