Under the Skin

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
filmfreak88
1698 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Under the Skin

Post by filmfreak88 »

Loved this movie to death. The best of the year so far in my opinion.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

finally got around to seeing this excellent movie.

Stewball wrote:It should be mentioned, given another thread going on here, that SJ looks like this was filmed back during her weight problem.

if you're implying that SJ was fat in this, I may have to ask you to step outside, sir. She was gorgeous.

Also, for people saying that the movie didn't spell out that she was definitely an alien...well it doesn't really explain anything about anything which is part of its brilliance.

However, there's the scene at the beginning in white space where SJ strips another girl and puts on her clothes. Immediately after that you see a shot of a tall building with lights hovering above it in the sky. The lights swirl around and then move off into the clouds. The next shot is SJ coming down the staircase and exiting the building. The implication was pretty obvious I thought.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

TheDenizen wrote:finally got around to seeing this excellent movie.

Stewball wrote:It should be mentioned, given another thread going on here, that SJ looks like this was filmed back during her weight problem.

if you're implying that SJ was fat in this, I may have to ask you to step outside, sir. She was gorgeous.

If an actress is not anorexic with no breasts or ass, Stewie calls her fat. He lamented the prospect of Anne Hathaway being a "fat Catwoman" at 5' 7" and 150 pounds (Hathaway slimmed down to 125 pounds, which sated him), finds Christina Hendricks disgusting, and considers Mila Kunis's 8 year old boy body a paragon of feminine sexuality.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Oh, I didn't realize he's one of those.

rich70521
1375 Ratings

Post by rich70521 »

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

rich70521 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyW01TOyEKI&list=UUCqEeDAUf4Mg0GgEN658tkA

This guy's analysis of Under the Skin is pretty rudimentary, but his video about Only God Forgives was quite revealing.