Inception

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Inception

Post by Stewball »

First I've heard of this movie starring Leonard De Caprio by Christopher Nolan (Memento, Batman Begins, The Prestige and The Dark Knight), in a preview before Sherlock Holmes. Looks interesting, but I'm not sure what it's about. It does look like a lot more than just a movie about a blackmailed CEO as IMDb has it.
Last edited by Stewball on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

filmfreak88
1698 Ratings

Re: Inception

Post by filmfreak88 »

Can't wait for this film. I love Nolan. You're right though. Details regarding this film have been really vague. And I, too, don't have any idea what it's about..

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

Stewball wrote:First I've heard of this movie starring Leonard De Caprio by Christopher Nolan (Memento, Batman Begins, The Prestige and The Dark Knight), is a preview before Sherlock Holmes. Looks interesting, but I'm not sure what it's about. It does look like a lot more than just a movie about a blackmailed CEO as IMDb has it.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw the trailer, liked it, and had no idea what was going on. I plan on seeing this one.

frederic_g54
3007 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

I saw the teaser trailer, interesting stuff, but I'm staying as far away as possible from anything else (plot summary, trailer).

Nolan has proved in the past he can make a film( ;) ) , looking forward to it.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

The new teaser that came out yesterday made it look a lot better. It's gonna own.

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

frederic_g54 wrote:I saw the teaser trailer, interesting stuff, but I'm staying as far away as possible from anything else (plot summary, trailer).

Nolan has proved in the past he can make a film( ;) ) , looking forward to it.

Yeah I went looking for more stuff on it and now I wish I hadn't, not that much was revealed but I should have just gone in with only what I gleaned from that one trailer. It will be interesting to see if they market this film using only Nolan's name or if they end up making a trailer that explains the story more.

frederic_g54
3007 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

Melvin Smif wrote:It will be interesting to see if they market this film using only Nolan's name or if they end up making a trailer that explains the story more.

from incontention.com:

"He is a director who respects the integrity of experiencing a film fresh and without the barrage of story-specific publicity that can ruin, or at the very least, lessen the impact of that experience."

The same article reveals the plot. EDIT I didn't examine the validity of it, since I didn't continue reading (though the article is titled: ‘Inception’ plot revealed).

Still, that doesn't mean they'll make a trailer that explains the story, but I can't judge since I haven't seen the new one (and I won't obviously).

Hope I won't be tempted in the near future, 8 months is a long haul.
Last edited by frederic_g54 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

New one doesn't give much away either. Leo speaks though. Also lol @ Leonard De caprio.

frederic_g54
3007 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

Pickpocket wrote:Also lol @ Leonard De caprio.

heh, why is that ?

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

frederic_g54 wrote:
Pickpocket wrote:Also lol @ Leonard De caprio.

heh, why is that ?

leonard as opposed to leonardo is funny to me