"Rio 2"

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

"Rio 2"

Post by Stewball »

A not so subtle environmentalist bit of propaganda for the kids, complete with evil capitalists. I'm sure the irony of protecting the animals who think and act like humans, even to making war, will be lost on most adults. You know they're serious because what little humor they tried was lame. Story is dull with one bright spot, the toxic frog. Who knew Chenoweth had a beautiful operatic quality voice. 4/10

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Re: "Rio 2"

Post by mattorama12 »

Stewball wrote:A not so subtle environmentalist bit of propaganda for the kids, complete with evil capitalists. I'm sure the irony of protecting the animals who think and act like humans, even to making war, will be lost on most adults. You know they're serious because what little humor they tried was lame. Story is dull with one bright spot, the toxic frog. Who knew Chenoweth had a beautiful operatic quality voice. 4/10

Your viewing habits always amuse me. I believe Chenoweth made her name on Glee, so it shouldn't be a surprise that she's a talented singer.

hellboy76
6339 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

mattorama12 wrote:
Stewball wrote:A not so subtle environmentalist bit of propaganda for the kids, complete with evil capitalists. I'm sure the irony of protecting the animals who think and act like humans, even to making war, will be lost on most adults. You know they're serious because what little humor they tried was lame. Story is dull with one bright spot, the toxic frog. Who knew Chenoweth had a beautiful operatic quality voice. 4/10

Your viewing habits always amuse me. I believe Chenoweth made her name on Glee, so it shouldn't be a surprise that she's a talented singer.

Even before Glee was Pushing Daisies where she had a song or two. I like her. However I didn't like the first Rio and probably will never see this. Sooo... not sure why I am here. Carry on.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

mattorama12 wrote:Your viewing habits always amuse me. I believe Chenoweth made her name on Glee, so it shouldn't be a surprise that she's a talented singer.

Does the second sentence have anything to do with the first? And I do sort of remember her being on Glee but not singing like this--plus I have her confused with other morning co-hosts with Regis Philbin, which was easy to do since I only saw the show in passing and she and they all look the same same to me. And I kept hoping Glee would live up to it's pinnacle with the classic "Dream On" episode at the end of the first year.

Even before Glee was Pushing Daisies where she had a song or two. I like her. However I didn't like the first Rio and probably will never see this. Sooo... not sure why I am here. Carry on.

Perhaps my being part of the reasoning behind your deciding not to see it, for which I'll admit some gratification...or something. And it's been kind of slow around here lately.

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Stewball wrote:
mattorama12 wrote:Your viewing habits always amuse me. I believe Chenoweth made her name on Glee, so it shouldn't be a surprise that she's a talented singer.

Does the second sentence have anything to do with the first?

Nope.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

mattorama12 wrote:Nope.

OK, thanks. It could have gone either way. 8-)

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

mattorama12 wrote:

Your viewing habits always amuse me.

Me too. Like, I have some weird tastes, and rarely bat an eye at anything, but Stewball consistently impresses and surprises me with his choices. Not sure anything can top his love of Dirty Dancing, though.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

ShogunRua wrote:Me too. Like, I have some weird tastes, and rarely bat an eye at anything, but Stewball consistently impresses and surprises me with his choices. Not sure anything can top his love of Dirty Dancing, though.

I included it in a list of movies from the 80's which I deemed to have made good use of some music. Why should I say anything more when you'd just take that out of context as well? If you're going to single something out, why not St. Elmo's Fire--the story was pretty weak and it basically only used one song.

I just think you're still trying (and failing miserably) to lash out because I called you out on your martial arts stuff (e.g. Old Boy etc.), your preference for porky strumpets (even though you admitted that the svelte women in Her are hot, go figure), your preference for Britain's answer to Jerry Lewis in the 50's, Rowan Atkinson, and you like to pile on for my dislike of subtitles**.

You under there somewhere:

**Do people who don't find subtitles distracting turn them on when they watch a movie in their first language at home? The answer is a resounding no...which begs the question, Why Not?

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Stewie, I'm not "lashing out" at you. On the contrary, I think your movie tastes are an amusing and charming aspect of your personality. I like and respect you, even though I think you're slightly insane, and always look forward to your posts. At the very least, they will probably make me laugh, like when you refer to Christina Hendricks as a "porky strumpet".

By the way, what is that a picture of?

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Rio 2? More like Avatar 2. Jesus Christ.