Knight of Cups

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Tomhet
945 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Knight of Cups

Post by Tomhet »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-3rnv_b3o

Let the endless speculation begin. It seems futile to say anything given how much the structure and content of his films resist being compartmentalized into trailer form. However, I gather two vague things from this clip: his stylistic touches are undeniably present and not at all compromised by the urban setting. Furthermore, if the clip is any indication, this will be his most prurient film to date by far, and I'm curious to see how he approaches it.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Re: Knight of Cups

Post by Stewball »

Sure can't tell where it/he is going from that, except for one statement that stands out, "No one cares about reality any more"--which could be a good thing or a bad thing. At least it looks better than that last one, To the Wonder. This is the first of 3 he has in post-production, ouch. I've been looking forward to Voyage of Time the most, which is documentary about the birth and death of the universe....doesn't get any more all inclusive than that.

Anyway, the IMDb synopsis for this one is, "Once there was a young prince whose father, the king of the East, sent him down into Egypt to find a pearl. But when the prince arrived, the people poured him a cup. Drinking it, he forgot he was the son of a king, forgot about the pearl and fell into a deep sleep."

It's got a very extensive cast which also includes Imogen Poots, Antonio Banderas, Ryan O'Neal (the King of the East maybe??), Allison Ott as Marie Antoinette, Jumpy as the pool diving dog, plus others that aren't credited. All in all it could be a hoot. 8-)

sid
2078 Ratings

Re: Knight of Cups

Post by sid »

As a huge Malick fan, I must say I'm disappointed! This trailer looks like a parody of his unique/much-discussed style. I found the trailer to be funny as opposed to whatever it was supposed to be!