Vinnie Jones

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
nauru
1667 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Vinnie Jones

Post by nauru »

Vinnie Jones is, in my view, a gifted actor who ends up in a lot of bad films. Some of the films he's in are downright awful, but Vinnie's performance at least makes the scenes he's in entertaining.

So what do you think are Vinnie Jones's most entertaining roles, regardless of the quality of the overall movie?

My personal favourite is his turn as the archetypical football hooligan in Eurotrip.

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Re: Vinnie Jones

Post by bowfinger »

I personally like him, but I disagree about his abilities because I think there is one thing he can do good, and that is this, which will probably be his greatest moment in cinema history.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

That's what I mean though. To carry a scene like that, while simply sitting in a chair, is not easy. Many actors -- I daresay most actors -- can't do that nearly as well as he can.

Snatch is a great example, actually. I strongly disliked the film, but some of the scenes with Vinnie Jones were entertaining.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

He was exquisite in two episodes of "Elementary" as Sebastian Moran at the start of the Moriarty arc--the pinnacle of an outstanding series starring the superb Johnny Lee Miller. So at least in this instance, he contributed to a high quality show instead of contrasting with it--inmynevertobehumbleopinion. 8-)

His character offed himself (an interesting detail in itself), but I'm still hoping they're going to reprise Natalie Dormer as Irene Adler. They probably would have already but she's been busy with The Hunter Games, and had her hair cut all weird for it....FYI.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

I agree with nauru. Even one of his first acting performances, when he had only recently retired from being an active footballer, in Mean Machine (2001) , was very good.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Your last Vinnie Jones thread was in 2013. How do think he's got on in the interim?

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Twelve pictures in two years. And I've seen none of them!

GreenyPillar
0 Ratings

Post by GreenyPillar »

Personally I liked Vinnie Jones in such films as 'Lock, Stock and Two Smocking Barrels' and 'Gone in 60 Seconds'. The second film brought me even more pleasure as Vinnie Jones` role in it is mute and it`s so funny to see him make those brutal faces of his :D