Michael Bay

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Michael Bay

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Not sure if anyone wants to discuss this guy.. Anyway, he's probably my least favorite director (The Rock is the only movie by him that I like, but I guess he probably didn't have enough control over that one to screw it up completely).

Anyway, there's some recent news that may be worth discussing:

- He will be directing Transformers 4 in 2014 and it will be a reboot

- Before doing that, he's gonna rape yet another franchise: TMNT.. But he'll be adding a twist: The turtles will be aliens from another planet: http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/20/teenage-m ... 2h4XRG8Yi8

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Re: Michael Bay

Post by TheDenizen »

Taking the "Mutant" out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is the stupidest thing he's ever attempted, and Michael Bay has done some ASTONISHINGLY stupid things in the past.

There's not much to discuss, the guy is a hack and a terrible director. He is everything I hate about big budget Hollywood action films. I made a conscious decision in 2007 (after the first Transformers debacle) never to watch another film that he was involved in the production of in any way....so even if he makes his Teenage Alien Ninja movie, I won't be seeing it.

However, I have a feeling that the online reaction against this news will be so violent and overwhelming that studio heads will have to reel in Bay's bad idea or face losing millions of dollars.

Detox
1971 Ratings

Post by Detox »

His movies suck, no question about it. But I gotta admit, that he has his own style. But yes, of course this style is dictated somehow by several companies and the military. I really hate "Bad Boys" and "Pearl Harbor" but "Transormers" entertained me. "Transformers 2" was insufferable shit (the military propaganda wasn't the worst thing in my opinion, but it had no logic in it which led to big confusion) and "The Island" was ok I guess. It makes me kind of angry that he will direct "TMNT", because I like the 1990-film.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Detox wrote: It makes me kind of angry that he will direct "TMNT", because I like the 1990-film.

*produce

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Ugh. Peter Laird described this Alien Ninja idea as "ill-conceived". So of course, today Kevin Eastman is praising the concept as "AWESOME" on his personal blog. This is the jackass who ruined Heavy Metal magazine in the 90s, unleashed the unholy celluloid abomination that is Heavy Metal 2000 on the world, and is responsible for Julie Strain having a career. The guy's opinion isn't worth a half squirt of piss.

Kojiless
2369 Ratings

Post by Kojiless »

If by 'reboot' he means re-situate his boot up my ass by molesting my childhood memories... Ah, Michael Bay... There doesn't exist an emoticon wacky enough to express the rage roiling within my soul.

ayall
1652 Ratings

Post by ayall »

I think at this point MB is just deliberately fucking with us... he's probably thinking "how far can i push the envelope before people completely stop watching my movies."

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

What's amusing is that Adam Carolla had a bit on his podcast about this idiotic "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles controversy". Here are his exact words;

(Responding to a letter from some voice actor called "Cousin Oliver" who refers to Bay's vehicle as "the rape of our childhood memories")

"This is faggotry of the highest magnitude...we're insane. I've been saying this for millions of years now, these ASSWIPE adults, it's like these 42 year-old adults arguing over the fucking Silver Surfer, and Green Lantern...it's like, ADULT DUDES having serious conversations about (nerdy, retarded-sounding voice) 'how they've ruined the Fantastic Four, and the Hulk's been squandered, too.' It's like you're a FUCKING guy, you're a GUY who should be talking about fucking and drinking scotch, and cars and shit, and hitting sales bonuses, not talking about what they did to fucking Aquaman, you fucking retards!

All these fucking asswipes and their fucking comic books!"

I could not agree more nor have put it any more succinctly.

I liked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was 6-10 years old. I once tried to watch the cartoon again as a 16 year-old and couldn't get through half an episode. Who the fuck cares what they do with it? It was mindless fluff for little kids before, and it will continue to be that.

As for Michael Bay, he made one very good film, The Rock, and contrary to the Jorg's original post, it was very much his own movie. He's really no different than the typical hack director who had some talent and ability but got sucked into making shitty Hollywood movies by the big studio system.

The only difference is that Bay is the most successful. Don't blame him for that; blame all the people who buy tickets to watch his movies...including many of the respondents in this topic. I have nothing against the guy. Good on him for being so successful, even if his work nowadays is shit. I'm more annoyed by the dolts who loudly complain about the Transformers franchise but keep purchasing tickets to see it.

Antares
4139 Ratings

Post by Antares »

ShogunRua wrote:(Responding to a letter from some voice actor called "Cousin Oliver" who refers to Bay's vehicle as "the rape of our childhood memories")

"This is faggotry of the highest magnitude...we're insane. I've been saying this for millions of years now, these ASSWIPE adults, it's like these 42 year-old adults arguing over the fucking Silver Surfer, and Green Lantern...it's like, ADULT DUDES having serious conversations about (nerdy, retarded-sounding voice) 'how they've ruined the Fantastic Four, and the Hulk's been squandered, too.' It's like you're a FUCKING guy, you're a GUY who should be talking about fucking and drinking scotch, and cars and shit, and hitting sales bonuses, not talking about what they did to fucking Aquaman, you fucking retards!

What episode is this from, because I want to link it on another forum where we have guys who are just like this?

ayall
1652 Ratings

Post by ayall »

ShogunRua wrote:What's amusing is that Adam Carolla had a bit on his podcast about this idiotic "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles controversy". Here are his exact words;

(Responding to a letter from some voice actor called "Cousin Oliver" who refers to Bay's vehicle as "the rape of our childhood memories")

I liked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I was 6-10 years old. I once tried to watch the cartoon again as a 16 year-old and couldn't get through half an episode. Who the fuck cares what they do with it? It was mindless fluff for little kids before, and it will continue to be that.

As for Michael Bay, he made one very good film, The Rock, and contrary to the Jorg's original post, it was very much his own movie. He's really no different than the typical hack director who had some talent and ability but got sucked into making shitty Hollywood movies by the big studio system.

The only difference is that Bay is the most successful. Don't blame him for that; blame all the people who buy tickets to watch his movies...including many of the respondents in this topic. I have nothing against the guy. Good on him for being so successful, even if his work nowadays is shit. I'm more annoyed by the dolts who loudly complain about the Transformers franchise but keep purchasing tickets to see it.

I too agree that people shouldn't' care so much about fictional topics, it's kind of ridiculous at the end of the day. Effort would be best spent on solving world hunger, etc. etc.

I also agree with you on your take on MB, as I've watched all his movies and am definitely guilty of supporting him in that way. Same with M Night Shyama-mama-ding-dong.
Though in my defense, it's hard not to watch their movies; it's like an awful car wreck... it's nearly impossible to look away. (though you know shouldn't slow down to look as you'll slow down traffic, etc. etc.).