Reasonable Movies About Godzilla

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
snallygaster
1646 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Reasonable Movies About Godzilla

Post by snallygaster »

There seem to be very few movies that actually concern themselves in an intelligent way with the topic of Godzilla. I'm talking about movies that examine the relationship between Godzilla and man, the meaning and importance of Godzilla throughout human culture, and the question of Godzilla's intervention in human affairs. There are presently only two titles in the collection, although I'm vaguely familiar with a few additional works not yet in the Criticker database.

Bambi Meets Godzilla (1969) -- While lacking in scope, the single-minded focus on a specific moment of Godzilla's presence in the material world provides much-needed clarity to the question of "why do bad things happen to good people."

Clooney vs. Godzilla (2007) -- Actually I didn't add it and haven't seen it but I'll trust Ag0stoMesmer's judgement here; I suppose it's a variation on the eternal question of "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object." Also, since it involves Clooney I'm unable to delete it.
Last edited by snallygaster on Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

edkrak
3746 Ratings

Re: Reasonable Movies About Godzilla

Post by edkrak »

Haven't seen it myself, but I've heard that "Tsuneni: zoku san-chôme no yûhi" is a drama with Godzilla in a supporting role.

TrixRabbi
4057 Ratings

Post by TrixRabbi »

Might I recommend Godzilla (1954)? It deals a lot with Godzillas impact on humanity.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

snallygaster wrote:There seem to be very few movies that actually concern themselves in an intelligent way with the topic of Godzilla. I'm talking about movies that examine the relationship between Godzilla and man, the meaning and importance of Godzilla throughout human culture, and the question of Godzilla's intervention in human affairs. There are presently only two titles in the collection, although I'm vaguely familiar with a few additional works not yet in the Criticker database.

Bambi Meets Godzilla (1969) -- While lacking in scope, the single-minded focus on a specific moment of Godzilla's presence in the material world provides much-needed clarity to the question of "why do bad things happen to good people."

Clooney vs. Godzilla (2007) -- Actually I didn't add it and haven't seen it but I'll trust Ag0stoMesmer's judgement here; I suppose it's a variation on the eternal question of "what happens when an unstoppable force meets and immovable object." Also, since it involves Clooney I'm unable to delete it.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Thread of the month. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gregzilla
2121 Ratings

Post by Gregzilla »

TrixRabbi wrote:Might I recommend Godzilla (1954)? It deals a lot with Godzillas impact on humanity.