Texas Chainsaw (2013) comedic video review

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
JSchlansky
4287 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Texas Chainsaw (2013) comedic video review

Post by JSchlansky »

I do a video review series called "The Good, the Bad, and the Grindhouse" which departs from my serious written reviews in that the video reviews tell whether the film is good or bad as well as bring you through the film guided by comedic satire, generally making fun of the movie in question. I've been doing this series for a little while now but this is my first big update since becoming a Criticker members and I figured some of the users here might find a degree of enjoyment in it. If you give it a watch please do let me know what you think as I'm always looking for feedback.
http://youtu.be/tGvR9CH7hUI

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Re: Texas Chainsaw (2013) comedic video review

Post by ShogunRua »

Your background music is too loud and distracts from your commentary. Your mic quality is poor and has a lot of static on it. (And even if you're just using Audacity, you could probably clean up the background noise) I like that you're reading from a script that you wrote and presumably revised, and your voice is okay, but there are definitely ways to improve it. (I write this as someone who obsessed a lot over how his voice sounded, to the point of buying a recorder and working on improving how it sounded in terms of diction and delivery) I can elaborate on the specifics if you want.

As far as content, some the jokes run on for too long, well past the point of being funny. They're not exactly brilliant or unexpected either, so you're counting on delivery. Which, while not terrible, isn't particularly good, either. My advice is to be more concise with your jokes. Write more jokes if you want, or possibly make a shorter video. (18 minutes is fairly long)

It's not horrible, and I managed to make it through five minutes without desperately wanting to close the tab, which is more than I can say for most videos people link to on this forum.

However, there is a lot to improve!

hellboy76
6339 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

Clean up the audio a bit, possibly a slightly shorter format 7-12 minutes or so. Keep it up. I appreciate anyone brave enough to share their opinions and who is passionate about something.

Ag0stoMesmer
4943 Ratings

Post by Ag0stoMesmer »

I didn't watch much of that one, I've got a horrible aversion to spoilers -even in crappy looking re-make/boots I may never even watch.

I did check some others on your channel and subscribed though, looks like you lot are having a laugh and from here to here in months, shows you're learning allot too. Big ups from Mesmer Towers.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Ag0stoMesmer wrote:I did check some others on your channel and subscribed though, looks like you lot are having a laugh and from here to here in months, shows you're learning allot too. Big ups from Mesmer Towers.

Thanks for doing that, I appreciate it.