Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JSchlansky
4287 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by JSchlansky »

The Road is right

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Time again for the leaderboards ...

April Leaderboard
1st Rumplesink - 5
2nd= brickwall - 4
2nd= philamental - 4
4th= Maaxwell - 3
4th= Bojangles - 3
6th= Frederic_g54, Detox, paulofilmho, Dardan, snallygaster, igormachete, CosmicMonkey - 2
13th= cmonster, saudade - 1

Well done to Rumplesink who returns to form to top the table in what was the most active month of the year so far. A total of 35 images were correctly guessed which is 6 more than any previous month. Bojangles had his best month of the year to join the usual suspects in chasing Rumplesink home, and we also saw igormachete, CosmicMonkey and saudade score their first points of the year. However despite not scoring a single point, there is no doubt the big winner of the month was Bercutio who was overjoyed with the number of images posted that contained titties! :D

Only correct answers posted during the month of April were counted. If anyone notices that I've miscounted their score, let me know and I'll edit accordingly. (NB: All data is recorded in GMT+0100 as that is my Criticker Time Zone)

Cumulative 2016 Leaderboard
1st Maaxwell - 15
2nd Rumplesink - 14
3rd= brickwall - 13
3rd= philamental - 13
5th Detox - 8
6th= Bojangles - 7
6th= paulofilmho - 7
8th Dardan - 6
9th OMGFridge - 5
10th Frederic_g54 - 4

Maaxwell retains the overall lead in 2016 but sees his lead cut down to one point over the resurgent Rumplesink. Just behind, brickwall and myself remain in touching distance, clearly biding our time and waiting for the right time to strike. Detox had actually cut the gap to 4th place down to one point mid way through April but the 'Big 4' finished the month strongly and remain the names to beat overall. Bojangles is the most notable positive change in the leaderboard moving up to join paulofilmho in 6th, while in contrast OMGFridge's self confessed drought sees him slide further to 9th.

Anybody (whether you're on the leaderboard or not) want to publicly announce their personal game goals for the year just for fun? Do you have an overall points tally in mind? Want to finish in the top 10? Is there another player you want to defeat? I'll keep track of and comment on any developments on the goals that get mentioned

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

... and now back to the game ...

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

I'll take the bait. The Others (2001).

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Nope.

I haven't seen The Others so no deliberate bait being left in that respect.

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

This, ladies and gentlemen, this IS the golden age of this thread.

We have leaderboards, we have titty runs, we even have people guessing movies with their images so that guy who posted an image has to guess what the guesser is guessing, and above all, the thread is active every day. Guys, where have you been for the past decade?

A confession: this is my favorite page on the internet, I love it as much as I love titties. Ok, not that much, but I certainly thought I loved it more than anyone else. Now, I see that I'm wrong. This accolade clearly belongs to Philamental. That leaderboard commentary is priceless mate, I read the whole thing with a huge grin on my face.

My goal for the year: I just want see more titties. Period. I am willing to be on the bottom of that list as long as you make that happen. And yes, you can guys, just believe in yourself. Get creative, find flashy tits, hidden tits, tits that run, tits that shun, tits that amaze, tits that are a maze. In short, tits that make you go hmmmm. Here, they even made a music video about this back in the day, watch this for more inspiration (just ignore the typo in the title, I dare you to call it anything but that after you watch it).

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Thanks for the kind words, bercutio. Like yourself I'm a big fan of the thread and I'm enjoying the current level of activity too. My original hope with the leaderboards was to try and encourage a bit of fun competition among the regular players and perhaps motivate them to stay active as they are the lifeblood of the thread which I enjoy so much. If the thread stays active and fun then it will likely lead to more players joining in and everybody wins. While it's too early to speculate whether the leaderboard has sparked new interest, it does seem to have created some fun for those who are playing so it's mission accomplished in that respect.

Anyhoo, sorry for the delay, bank holiday weekend over here so my routine is a bit all over the place and when I went to try and post earlier the site seemed to be down (?)

Here's screenshot 2 ... it's another tough one but if it's continues to baffle folks, you might allow me the satisfaction of doing so seeing as I've been unable to get past the first image with my turn for a long time!

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

I don't believe I've seen that film, and actually don't have a decent guess to hand, but I'll take this opportunity to thank Philamental for his efforts. You've made this thread more interesting and fun than ever. I, like Bercutio, was reading your running commentary with a grin on my face. It reminded me of A Day At The Races from way back. Well played, sir! :D

Oh, what the hell, I'll take a stab at Miller's Crossing while I'm here, just because it has that look about it.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Thanks, Rumplesink. :)

OK so it's not Miller's Crossing, but here's where it gets interesting ... U have rated this film :o

So that'll narrow it down for everyone, it's one of 3852 films (well 3850 seeing as it's not the others or millers crossing)

Next one will probably give it away though but u have to wait until tomorrow for that so as to give everyone a chance to see image two

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Nice to be able to stump you all for longer than five mins for a change. ;) At the same time I had to check and made sure this wasn't one where I merely assumed it had more ratings on here than it did, but it's well over 1000 so it's ok in that respect. I think this next image will give it away fairly quickly. If not, I'll start giving out clues thick and fast later on ...