Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
paulofilmo
2428 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by paulofilmo »

Maaxwell wrote:Is it one of John Lithgow or John Malkovich in the first pic?

I thought perhaps Max Von Sydow.

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

paulofilmo wrote:
Maaxwell wrote:Is it one of John Lithgow or John Malkovich in the first pic?

I thought perhaps Max Von Sydow.

It's none of the above and he's more famous than all of them.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

oh. what? brando

guppy
2019 Ratings

Post by guppy »

Mississippi Burning?

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

guppy wrote:Mississippi Burning?

Yes!

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

1st of the month! You know what that means? Yes! Payday! Woohoo! :D

... oh ... and those stupid leaderboards ... if you're in to that kind of thing ... :roll:

August Leaderboard
1st Maaxwell - 13
2nd philamental - 8
3rd= igormachete - 7
3rd= Rumplesink - 7
5th bowfinger - 6
6th brickwall - 5
7th= bojangles - 3
7th= guppy - 3
7th= Victoriouz - 3
7th= Snobyeti - 3
11th= paulofilmo, snallygaster, mattorama12, dardan, Detox, Cmonster, dunbar, Xanderbisc

Wow! What a month it was on here and so many things to highlight, but there is only one place we can possibly start so let’s all just take a moment and bask in the glory that is Maaxwell

Yes Maaxwell just crushed everyone in August, setting a new monthly record of 13 points which surpasses the previous mark of 12 set by brickwall back in May. (There’s a gag in here about Ocean’s 13 somewhere, but I won’t put you all through that again ;) ) An outstanding effort Maaxwell! Well done to you and congrats on your 4th monthly win of the year.

Aside from that there were significant records set everywhere. August set a new record for total correct answers with 66 images correctly identified! This completely dwarfs the previous high of 48 (recorded in May and June) so you can see how impressive the new benchmark really is. However even more impressive is that August also set a new record for the number of different players who answered correctly, a record that hasn't been broken since it was set in January! Previously we never managed to have more than 14 different players scoring in one month (14 was achieved 5 times in the first 7 months), but we reached a new high of 18 in August which shows just how much activity the game generated last month. Well done to everyone who contributed here!

Individually, there were also lots of Personal Best scores set during the month. Igormachete continues his rise to prominence with a score of 7 smashing his previous best of 4, and Rumplesink woke from last month’s hibernation full of energy to also notch an impressive 7, beating his previous high of 5. Bowfinger set a PB for the second month in a row, while Victoriouz and the hustler himself, Snobyeti, both set new PBs of 3. However I’ve saved the best for last as having set himself an annual goal of one correct answer, dunbar has doubled his tally to reach 2 with four months of the year remaining! Well played dunbar, and also all the other PB players in August! .... but I'm so disappointed in the rest of you .... :P

Cumulative 2016 Leaderboard
1st Maaxwell - 50
2nd philamental - 42
3rd brickwall - 41
4th rumplesink - 28
5th igormachete - 19
6th bowfinger - 17
7th bojangles - 16
8th saudade - 11
9th= paulofilmo - 10
9th= dardan - 10

In the overall, it may be all over bar the shouting. Having already led, Maaxwell’s record breaking month has seen him shoot ahead by a massive 8 points. To put that in perspective, I’m second with a personal best of 8, so I’d need to match my PB and Maaxwell would have to take the month off for me to just draw level. Historically I’ve only ever beaten Maaxwell by 2 pts in a single month, so any realistic challenge from me looks unlikely. Brickwall certainly has the skills to rack up some high monthly scores so he can’t be discounted just yet, but with a 9 pt deficit it looks like the overall prize in 2016 is Maaxwell’s to lose with just 4 months to go.

Beneath the top 3, things are more interesting.

In the race for 4th place, Rumplesink’s resurgence has seen him move ahead of Rumplesink who now falls to 4th. They will both need to watch out next month for Rumplesink who also moves up to 4th after previously lying in 4th in July. (He’s completely on his own people! I have to try and create some drama!)

The battle for 5th place is where the real competition now lies, and we have a new leader in Igormachete who moves up a place and now tops Bowfinger (who also moves up one position) by 2 pts. Long time leader of the chasing pack, Bojangles, drops to 7th. Below them a duck egg for Saudade has allowed paulofilmo and dardan to edge within 1 pt in 9th and 10th respectively.

Longterm players, Detox, Cmonster, snallygaster and mattorama12 all lie within a few pts of a place in the overall top 10 but will need to pick up their pace to join the elite with only 4 months to go. Recent newcomers, Victoriouz, guppy and Snobyeti all have monthly averages that could see them crash the top 10 if they continue their scoring rate, so it looks like being a ding dong battle for a top 10 spot in the months ahead.

That's it for the leaderboards this month, but while I have your attention ... even though on second thoughts everyone is probably asleep by this point of my ramblings ... I just want to say a couple of things relevant to the thread.

Firstly after announcing my intent to ‘take over’ the image game in January earlier this month, I continued to take feedback from a few players via DM (thanks to you all) and this helped convince me that it was better to start a separate thread for what I'll be doing. I’ve realised that it’s the right decision to let the existing game thread continue to run as it always has and I was only trying to merge the two for selfish reasons.

This leads me to my second point. I will have to ‘step down’ from leaderboard duty in 2017. The main reason for this is I fully expect that my own game in January will take up so much time and effort both in preparation beforehand and as game/score keeper during the month itself, I won’t have the time/energy to play in the normal game, let alone keep track of scores and compile the leaderboard. As I enjoy playing this game, putting the leaderboards together, and having a laugh with the commentaries, I thought merging my game into this one for the month was a perfect way to allow me to stay involved in both. But as I've said, I now realise that was selfish thinking which wasn’t showing enough respect for the main image game and the players who play it.

I’m honestly perfectly happy with the decision to separate the two, so I hope stepping away from leaderboards doesn't come across as me sulking or anything like that, and I think you'll understand the reason for the decision when you see the scale of what I'm doing in January. As for leaderboards in 2017, I’d be delighted to see someone take over the role as I think they add good fun and competition to the game. I’d be happy to return to the role at a later date if the opportunity arose, but if someone picked up the baton and ran with it permanently there would be no ill feelings on my side.

So that's it for this month. Kudos to anyone who made it all the way to end of the post! ;)

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

guppy
2019 Ratings

Post by guppy »

Can someone else post? i've got bad internet connection right now.

igormachete
1552 Ratings

Post by igormachete »

igormachete
1552 Ratings

Post by igormachete »