Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
3dRevelation
1164 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by 3dRevelation »

philamental wrote:Sorry, I meant to add some info earlier but really busy at work these days and got distracted ...

If I attempt to access the url of the image I get a 'website requires you to log in' message which would explain how you can see it and we can't as you are probably 'logged in'?

http://static0.whatthemovie.net/system/images/stills/normal/a8/230f1e63018ddd859b3749b9f15c5d.jpg

Another hosting site would solve the problem alright. I use postimage.org which I think Rumplesink can also vouch for as I think he had to use it once. Doesn't require a log in so it's very handy for quick image uploads

Is it both images that are not visible? I uploaded them both to photobucket and reposted so they should be visible now. I'm just curious if I should avoid posting directly from whatthemovie in the future. By the way, I am not logged in to that website. I believe it used to work fine, which is odd. In fact, I think I found out about that website through this topic with it's appeal being that the image links do not contain spoilers that are often found in google images.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

The first image displayed fine for me and I presume it did for everyone or someone would have posted they couldn't see it. Like Rumplesink I couldn't see the second image.

Weird that you weren't logged in to the site yet could still see it yourself. In that sense maybe some others were also able to see it?

To confirm, I can see both of the images you reposted.

And I can finally confirm I still have no clue about this one! ;)

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

OK. When using whatthemovie from now on, I will have to be sure to use photobucket.

Regarding the film, here's a third image (that should hopefully make it easier):

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Not sure that it's Witness, but if I didn't guess it and it turned out that it was, I'd kick myself. Second image does seem familiar now, but I zero recollection of the first one.

guppy
2019 Ratings

Post by guppy »

Witness ?

guppy
2019 Ratings

Post by guppy »

Now i'm sure that is absolutely Witness :)

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Now I'm starting to feel more confident that I've successfully avoided needing to kick myself! :lol:

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

It is indeed Witness. The first image is [spoiler]when the crooked cops are going to the Amish city (village?/commune?/?)[/spoiler]

That means it's your turn Philamental. Sorry Guppy, you just got beat out.

Edit: Philamental, interestingly, now I cannot see the second image I posted on the last page directly from the source. I only see "image" now. I'm bewildered.

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

philamental wrote:I use postimage.org which I think Rumplesink can also vouch for as I think he had to use it once. Doesn't require a log in so it's very handy for quick image uploads

Indeed. I use it exclusively now, and have done since you mentioned it that first time. Excellent site for this game that takes seconds to upload to and requires no log in or registration.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Ah ok, I still can't picture that first image but it makes sense now that you mention the scene, thanks.

Also, welcome back to the madhouse! Your first appearance since January, I believe! ;)

Here's the next one from a film I saw last night (.... and no I didn't rate it yet, detectives! ;) )