Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JSchlansky
4293 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by JSchlansky »

Coen Brothers. I think Fargo?

saudade
2226 Ratings

Post by saudade »

You're darn tootin'.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

First of the month, so you know what that means! (Shut up, alright! I can't exactly say "Third of the month means it's leaderboard day!") ... *ahem* ... Yes it's Leaderboard Day!

September Leaderboard
1st= brickwall - 11
1st= Maaxwell - 11
3rd Rumplesink - 10
4th guppy - 7
5th igormachete - 6
6th philamental - 5
7th bowfinger - 4
8th= Bojangles, saudade, dardan, rklenseth, BadCosmonaut, 3dRevelation - 1

Wow! All this month was missing was a Vangelis soundtrack! What a fantastic points race to have the pleasure of scoring last month. I actually update the scores daily as it's easier than doing it in full once a month, but it also offers the chance to see the players jostle for position. Usually one or maybe two players forge clear, but with a week to go in September there were five players who had a genuine chance of topping the leaderboard. In the end the usual suspects of brickwall and Maaxwell pulled clear of the rest, but not of each other, with brickwall forcing the tied score with the last correct answer of the month, an outcome that was all the more impressive given Maaxwell led him 5-0 after the first week! This gives us our first shared 1st place since January. Well done to both of you!

However massive credit also goes to Rumplesink who pushed them all the way with a new Personal Best of 10, and becomes only the third player to reach a double digit score in a single month! guppy also notched a personal best score of 7 points to chase home the leaders, and was followed across the line by solid months for igormachete, philamental and bowfinger which all contributed to a really competitive month on here. Also was nice to see 3dRevelation pop up with a score for the first time since January, and the return of Saudade after her recent absence.

NB: Only correct answers posted during the month of september were counted. If anyone notices that I've miscounted their score, let me know and I'll edit accordingly. All data is recorded in GMT+0100 as that is my Criticker Time Zone. I consider an answer correct when the image selector confirms, so guppy's point will count in October.

Cumulative 2016 Leaderboard
1st Maaxwell - 61
2nd brickwall - 52
3rd philamental - 47
4th rumplesink - 38
5th igormachete - 25
6th bowfinger - 21
7th bojangles - 17
8th guppy - 14
9th saudade - 12
10th dardan - 11

Despite a titanic effort from brickwall last month, there's simply no shifting Maaxwell who stays well clear with only three months left to play. brickwall reclaims 2nd overall and he looks favourite to stay there unless his Macabre Month of Horror distracts him too much.

In the most dramatic twist of the month, Rumplesink surprised everyone with his personal best rocketing him up to 4th! This effort dethroned Rumplesink who could only manage a personal best last month and he now drops to 4th. Beneath them Rumplesink remains 4th after another steady month, and he'll be looking to pounce on any slip up from Rumplesink or Rumplesink in the coming months? It will be worth keeping an eye on this tense battle for fourth place. If I was forced to pick, I would put my money on Rumplesink, but you simply can't ever rule out Rumplesink! ;)

In the battles for the lower places, igormachete has strengthened his grip on 5th place (aka The Best of the Rest) and currently holds a safe 4 pt gap over bowfinger in 6th, who in turn has put some extra daylight between himself and long time 5th place favourite, bojangles. However guppy was the big mover this month and he crashes into the Top 10 with a scoring rate which certainly threatens those above him. A latecomer to this year's race, guppy has bojangles looking nervously over his shoulder and may yet be looking to reel in bowfinger or even igormachete before the year's end.

That'll do it for this month. Sorry again for the delay. The 1st doesn't fall on a weekend again for the rest of the year so there shouldn't be any reason for further delays in the coming months.

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Another wonderful roundup. Thanks again, philamental!

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Another delicious recap, sir, thank you for this consistent awesomeness!

As for the scores, I told ya rumple was on the rise, didn't I? :) and that guppy fella is definitely gunnin for us, I can feel his crosshairs on my back! And I'm pretty sure he's gonna leave me in the dust come x-mas.

But the big question is, is Brickwall pulling a Seabiscuit on Maaxwell? Remember that one time he said, he just wanted to see if he could top the leaderboard and then he just did that, so what if he just feels like doin it again? Like three times in a row! I mean, since he's got his videos squared away, what's stoppin him now? I mean, except the time zones that is.

With or without B-wall going the extra mile, this is gonna be fun a finish, I concur, Phil ;)

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

I really went all out last month, but it seems I'll forever be known as the bubble boy in this game :(

Maybe I'll take my foot off the gas, and just be all casual and nonchalant about it this month. Yeah, that sounds good. Anyway, another entertaining roundup by the inimitable philamental. Nice work :)

JSchlansky
4293 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Always love the recaps.

bowfinger wrote: But the big question is, is Brickwall pulling a Seabiscuit on Maaxwell? Remember that one time he said, he just wanted to see if he could top the leaderboard and then he just did that, so what if he just feels like doin it again? Like three times in a row! I mean, since he's got his videos squared away, what's stoppin him now? I mean, except the time zones that is.

I wish I had my videos squared away. I've been working on the thing since early July and still have quite a few to go. Had a shoot last night from 4 PM to 3:30 AM. I will definitely be trying my best to pull a "Seabiscuit" I do so enjoy this competition

JSchlansky
4293 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

New image

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

[Rec]?

JSchlansky
4293 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Not Rec, you are on the right path though.