Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JSchlansky
4293 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by JSchlansky »

Sandlot is right

saudade
2226 Ratings

Post by saudade »

Is there a set rule about how many rankings a film should have? I was going to post an image from a different movie, but I checked the rankings and saw that it had just under 500. I assumed that was too few.

Anyway...

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

saudade wrote:Is there a set rule about how many rankings a film should have?

There have been a few exchanges of opinions on this in recent months so I get the impression there is no current concrete rule. Realistically speaking though, if a film has a low number of ratings on the site then it becomes less likely one of the players on the thread will have seen it. I know some choose to only play images from films with at least 1000 ratings, but I think it's ok to play a film with less so long as you help keep the game moving with additional textual clues if it looks like players are completely stumped.

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

I'm getting a Jean-Marc Vallée vibe here, so I'll go with C.R.A.Z.Y. (2005).

dardan
1637 Ratings

Post by dardan »

Kill Bill: Volume 1?

saudade
2226 Ratings

Post by saudade »

philamental wrote:
saudade wrote:Is there a set rule about how many rankings a film should have?

There have been a few exchanges of opinions on this in recent months so I get the impression there is no current concrete rule. Realistically speaking though, if a film has a low number of ratings on the site then it becomes less likely one of the players on the thread will have seen it. I know some choose to only play images from films with at least 1000 ratings, but I think it's ok to play a film with less so long as you help keep the game moving with additional textual clues if it looks like players are completely stumped.

No finger-wagging a 'Mac and Me' pic? Sounds good to me. I promise not to abuse this newfound freedom. 8-)

The film has not been named in those two excellent guesses, so here's a less cryptic image:

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

Talk To Her

saudade
2226 Ratings

Post by saudade »

Correcto

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

I'll be quite impressed if someone gets this one from this first image - it's really not indicative of the rest of the movie. Damn - I just checked to see how many ratings it has here and it's only 148! I thought it was quite popular when I saw it at the movies. Oh well, let's just see what happens. I will say that at least one person who frequents this thread has rated this film (and will probably be very happy with the image selection even if he doesn't know what the movie is). :lol:

Victoriouz
11634 Ratings

Post by Victoriouz »

I'm gonna guess Running Scared