Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by philamental »

Iconic scenes aplenty as you say, but nothing says Big Trouble like Neon Chinatown!

Hoping nobody gets the next one so I can put up a great second image tomorrow.

Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (80.34 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

rklenseth
11417 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

"The Descent" 2005. I'm curious what the next picture hint would have been? Surprisingly good movie but don't bother with the sequel if you want any good closure. They should do a third movie to fix it.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Spot on and over to you!

Haven't seen the sequel but I've heard it's dreadful and ruins the story established in the first. I'm still tempted to watch it and as I have more free time to watch films these days so there is a good chance I will but thanks for the warning.

The second pic was going to be this one below. I figured it would be too easy to open with but I think it's a really memorable image and if you haven't seen it you wonder exactly what's going on, whereas if you've seen it you recall the scene immediately.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (12.08 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

philamental wrote:The second pic was going to be this one below. I figured it would be too easy to open with but I think it's a really memorable image and if you haven't seen it you wonder exactly what's going on, whereas if you've seen it you recall the scene immediately.

I haven't seen it and I'm very curious about what's going on in the picture. Whatever it is, it's a great shot.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I love the shot too. It's almost surreal in isolation but makes perfect sense in the context of the film but either way it's striking visually. Unless you dislike films that embrace traditional horror film elements (highly unlikely given your avatar) then I would recommend it if you get the chance to see it. Be warned that there is an American Cut which has a different and inferior ending but the Unrated US dvd apparently restored the original ending.

rklenseth
11417 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

Try this one...
Attachments
movie2.jpg
movie2.jpg (90.48 KiB) Viewed 1123 times

rklenseth
11417 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

Since no one has guessed yet here is the next hint. That is Josh Brolin in the pic and the film is from the 90's.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I did actually see the resemblence to josh b and even looked up his filmography but wouldn't have got it without you confirming who he was.

Mimic (1997)

rklenseth
11417 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

"Mimic" 1997 is correct. Your turn.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Hard to say whether this will be too easy or too random ...

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (41.63 KiB) Viewed 977 times