Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
snallygaster
1646 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by snallygaster »

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

I'm pretty sure it's a Japanese movie going off of the second picture if that helps narrow it down for anyone.

snallygaster
1646 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Brickwall speaks the truth. Looks like this movie isn't quite as well-known as I thought, or my clues are too vague. This should speed things up:

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

snallygaster wrote:Brickwall speaks the truth. Looks like this movie isn't quite as well-known as I thought, or my clues are too vague.

What do you expect? It's a movie from 1997 with 300 rankings.....

snallygaster
1646 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

td888 wrote:
snallygaster wrote:Brickwall speaks the truth. Looks like this movie isn't quite as well-known as I thought, or my clues are too vague.

What do you expect? It's a movie from 1997 with 300 rankings.....

Yeah, you're right, 300(+) rankings is a bit light. But, it's in Criticker's "popular" filter, and I know several regular posters have ranked it.

Here's a final selection of shots:

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

As there are only 3 modern Japanese directors of note (of live action films) - Takeshi Kitano, Kiroshi Kurosawa, and Takashi Miike - that people know well enough to use one of their films in this quiz, it's just a case of looking up what they did in 1997. This doesn't look like Kitano's Hana-Bi. Miike didn't make a film of note in 1997. This leaves Kurosawa, who made The Cure in 1997. From what I remember this is one of his most well-known films. I've heard of it but not seen it, but I'd be willing to wager that this is the answer.

I don't think this really qualifies as knowing the answer, but things seem to have ground to a halt a bit, so if anyone new wants to take a turn you're welcome to do so (assuming it is The Cure).

snallygaster
1646 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Yes, it's Cure. Sorry for slowing down the game, my bad! Game's open to anyone who has a screen shot.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Rumplesink wrote:I don't think this really qualifies as knowing the answer, but things seem to have ground to a halt a bit, so if anyone new wants to take a turn you're welcome to do so (assuming it is The Cure).

On the contrary, I enjoyed and was impressed with that explanation of your sleuthing process. I'm quite partial to trying to work out images that I don't recognise and have been able to do it a few times. It's just a different way of playing the game and it doesn't seem to be against the spirit of things (I've checked!) so for me it's your turn If you're able to post an image in the next 24 hrs or so.

Re: the topic of slowing down the game, I agree with Bercutio that doing so is something that people should make an effort to avoid. By choosing to play it doesn't take much effort to play within the guidelines that have been established. However at the same time, this is just a bit of fun on an internet forum so I don't think we need to be too strict or aggressive about it. Here Snallygaster chose a poor film to pick images from and slowed down the game. However it wasn't intentional and he wasn't trying to be too clever to be fair so it's not a problem for me. I only think it's a problem if someone does something (slows down the game, uses image search etc) either deliberately or though ignorance. Other that that we're all human (no offence to any androids who might be playing) so things will happen that we didn't intend from time to time.

Over to you Rumplesink, unless you are happier leaving someone else go next?

VinegarBob
4158 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

Okay then...

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

The Fisher King?