What films have you watched the most times?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: What films have you watched the most times?

Post by Melvin Smif »

Tripwyre wrote:
fudgieb wrote:I get positively angry when I hear people say that it is by far the worst of the first three Indy films and they act as though Raiders of the Lost Ark is vastly superior.

Hahahaha, come on, even Crystal Skull is better than Temple of Doom.

Yeah, sorry fugieb even at the cost of making you angry I'm going to have to say its on the bottom of my list, right below Crystal Skull.

Zozan
1569 Ratings

Post by Zozan »

~30
Matrix

~8
Groundhog Day
Incredibles
Gladiator

~5
Nerdesin Firuze
About a Boy
Frequency
When Harry Met Sally
Shaolin Soccer (only the matches)

miss jesus
2427 Ratings

Post by miss jesus »

fudgieb wrote:For me, this is an easy one to answer:
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

I just wanted to say that I support your Temple fandom--it's my favorite too.

I appreciate the people who are giving numbers--I've seen the films from the ED trilogy over 150 times (many while working on a related art project), and Die Hard at least 50 (always loved it and also watch it every Christmas), so you guys are really helping to illuminate my madness. :)

And I should have named The Usual Suspects too. There were a couple of weeks there when I watched it literally every day in college.

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

I think I'm something of an oddball when it comes to being a movie lover, I almost always hate rewatching films...even the great ones. I don't think there is a single film I've seen more than five times and I know there isn't one I've seen more than ten. I've always wondered why this was because everyone I know can rewatch their favorite films time and time again while I get agitated seeing a film where I know the outcome going in (this may also explain my distain for easily predictable films). I think I just crave fresh entertainment.

The only times I will rewatch films are-

1-If I am introducing a film I love to someone knowing they will love it.
2-If it has been a long time since I first saw it and I remember loving it.

Even then I find myself slightly bored. I wish this wasn't the case, I really do.

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

Probably Jurassic Park, I loved dinosaurs as a kid so it fit perfectly. I also saw the Matrix a bunch of times on video after it came out. Other than that, not much I can think of. I'm sure I watched some kid movies tons of times when I was young but I can't really remember any, and I'm currently trying to see as many new movies as possible, so rewatching movies isn't very high on my list (even though there's a bunch that I want to).

KMcNeil
4839 Ratings

Post by KMcNeil »

A trillion times:
Monty Python and The Holy Grail

Not enough times:
Everything by Robert Altman.

Too many times (i.e. "why?"):
Forrest Gump (once)
Epic Movie (once)

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

There are three films I have watched at least 80 times;

Conan the Barbarian
The Quest
Bloodsport

I have every line and scene memorized, but they're still incredibly enjoyable, regardless. Some great films are eminently rewatchable, others not so much.

MMAlpha
1146 Ratings

Post by MMAlpha »

Probably The Rock or Speed or Air Force One. Something like that. They're always being repeated on BBC after the news on weeknights.

KMcNeil
4839 Ratings

Post by KMcNeil »

MMAlpha wrote:Probably The Rock or Speed or Air Force One. Something like that. They're always being repeated on BBC after the news on weeknights.

Neat. It's the same here in Denmark. Whoever managed to sell The Rock, Speed and Air Force One (oh, and Con Air) for TV distribution deserves all of his seventeen mansions and sports cars.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

KMcNeil wrote:
MMAlpha wrote:Probably The Rock or Speed or Air Force One. Something like that. They're always being repeated on BBC after the news on weeknights.

Neat. It's the same here in Denmark. Whoever managed to sell The Rock, Speed and Air Force One (oh, and Con Air) for TV distribution deserves all of his seventeen mansions and sports cars.

All of those are super rewatchable with the exception of "Speed". So many hilarious one-liners, and cheesy, fun action scenes.