movie youre most embarrassed at having not seen

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Maya
1323 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: movie youre most embarrassed at having not seen

Post by Maya »

Not having seen the The Crying Game, The Champ or The Godfather makes me a bit embarrased... :oops:

oddball
419 Ratings

Post by oddball »

Citizen Kane :oops:

It's even number one on my PSI list, so I guess I really should.

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

oddball wrote:Citizen Kane :oops:

Yes you should. Right now. Go.

Grit
799 Ratings

Post by Grit »

oddball wrote:Citizen Kane :oops:

I could really do with seeing that as well. I've seen a few scenes, but nothing substancial. Also need to watch Dr. Strangelove and Taxi Driver as they are the other two joint top on my PSI list.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I wanted to see A Clockwork Orange and thanks to a broken video recorder I missed my chance to see it when it was on TCM, so that's another one I still really need to see sometime. Currently the only thing I've seen by Kubrick is The Shining and the only Lynch film I've seen is The Elephant Man.

On top of that there are some quite large gaps in the films I've seen. I've not seen any of the Rocky or Rambo films or any of the recent major releases such as There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men or even the new Indiana Jones. Too many films to see!

oddball
419 Ratings

Post by oddball »

You've got to see Dr. Strangelove, it's all that and a bag of chips and then some. It really is that awesome.

Unless you've got a hard on for 80s cheese you should only watch the first Rocky and Rambo. Those two are timeless and really good, the rest is just cheesy. Very cheesy.

No Country For Old Men moves pretty slow but has insanly stunning visuals and is just very gripping and hypnotizing overall. There Will Be Blood was pretty disappointing for me, downright annoying at times.

Depending on your expectations Taxi Driver and Clockwork Orange might be a bit underwhelming. It's been a long time since I've seen those two though, maybe they would make a bigger impression on me now. But I can remember that they didn't -WOW- me when I was in my teens.

PeaceAnarchy
7005 Ratings

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

The Decalogue and The Mirror are probably the two movies I most need to see at this point.

oddball wrote:Depending on your expectations Taxi Driver and Clockwork Orange might be a bit underwhelming. It's been a long time since I've seen those two though, maybe they would make a bigger impression on me now. But I can remember that they didn't -WOW- me when I was in my teens.

I think the problem with them is that both are known for their shocking violence, but that's not what makes the movies classics. The violence in them, especially Taxi Driver, is nowhere near the violence in a lot of modern movies, so it seems underwhelming. Watching them without those skewed expectations helps a lot.

oddball
419 Ratings

Post by oddball »

Yes that's what I was getting at, by today's standards there's no shocking violence in both of them whatsoever. And you're of course spot on, violence does play a substantial part in them but is itself not what makes them great. It's the study of violence and society that does.

oread
2725 Ratings

Post by oread »

I haven't seen Clockwork Orange, Citizen Kane or Dr. Strangelove; it's embarassing as they're part of my boyfriend's DVD collection, they're in the house, I could watch them anytime... but we always watch something else.

djross
5318 Ratings

Movies I'm yet to see

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melvin
974 Ratings

Post by melvin »

the god fdather harry potter indiana jones and matrix