Halfway point 2011

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
AAAutin
7407 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Halfway point 2011

Post by AAAutin »

Top 5:

1.) I SAW THE DEVIL
2.) BROTHERHOOD
3.) RANGO
4.) RUBBER
5.) 13 ASSASSINS

Bottom 5:

5.) HEARTBEATS
4.) UNKNOWN
3.) UNCLE BOONMEE [...]
2.) DRIVE ANGRY
1.) THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU

edkrak
3745 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

Two T10 so far:
1. Hobo With a Shotgun
2. Drive - Just came from cinema, what a great film. Just recently I was thinking that I don't stumble upon great films as often as before and I was wondering if magic of cinema is lost on me. This one brought the magic back! :)

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Wow I never even heard of Drive (the joys of not watching TV, I miss most ads), but it has an excellent cast and seems to be getting universally solid reviews. I'll have to check it out....thanks edkrak. :)

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Thinking the same thing. Never heard of it but Drive sounds really good. PSI is T9.

mwgerb
2074 Ratings

Post by mwgerb »

I wasn't as impressed by Drive as most people were. It was an above average movie, but slightly disappointing given that my PSI was a ridiculous Tier 9.4. The technique of having a slowly-paced movie interrupted by moments of action/violence actually worked really well for me, so that wasn't the problem. If I had to guess, I'd actually say that the difference between me liking this instead of loving it was the soundtrack. Everyone else seems to be blown away by it, but I found the 80s synth-pop style to be a bit grating.

nauru
1667 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Just watched Drive, opening scene was awesome but the rest was very disappointing. PSI was T9, ended up being a solid T2. How do people calculate PSI to one decimal place? (9.4? how did you arrive at that?)

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

nauru wrote:9.4? how did you arrive at that?

If you go to the film page, right under where your PSI you can click on "click for more info". It will then show you the ratings and tiers the film was given by your top 10 TCIs that have seen it. And at the bottom it says your average tier.
Edit: And if you've already seen the film and ranked it, go down to where it says date ranked and it will say in parenthesis (Your PSI was --, click here to see why) and just click there and it will take you to the same page as the click for more info button.

Tripwyre
1866 Ratings

Post by Tripwyre »

1. Drive
2. Midnight in Paris
3. Attack The Block
4. Super 8
5. Source Code
6. Hobo With A Shotgun
7. X-Men: First Class
8. Rango
9. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
10. Green Hornet

HMs: Bridesmaids, Warrior, Thor, Fast Five.

Pretty shit year for films thus far, though I've still to see Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Moneyball and Contagion. The sooner I can post a Top Ten list without X-Men in it the better.

mwgerb
2074 Ratings

Post by mwgerb »

dougied89 wrote:
nauru wrote:9.4? how did you arrive at that?

If you go to the film page, right under where your PSI you can click on "click for more info". It will then show you the ratings and tiers the film was given by your top 10 TCIs that have seen it. And at the bottom it says your average tier.
Edit: And if you've already seen the film and ranked it, go down to where it says date ranked and it will say in parenthesis (Your PSI was --, click here to see why) and just click there and it will take you to the same page as the click for more info button.

Yeah. It looks like this: