Looking for a site like Criticker, but for running

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
nauru
1667 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Looking for a site like Criticker, but for running

Post by nauru »

Basically I am looking to log every time I go for a run, and then have it spit out graphs and maybe a little data later on so I can see progress/trends. That's it.

There are approximately 1 bazillion websites that claim to offer this, but most are very bad at doing the basic things I'm trying to do, or are so filled with advertising, social media widgets and other clutter that they are unusable (Nike+, Mapmyrun, etc).

All I want to do is enter the distance I ran today, everyday, and then have that website create a nice graph that shows my daily/weekly/monthly progress and patterns. I don't care about the latest "running gear" or other branded tat, and am not interested in any smart phone app or fancy shoes. I have no interest in advertising to facebook everytime I go for a run. I go running to get away from all that and I don't carry a phone. So I'm looking for something that I can operate entirely from my PC, not something that relies on some phone app or some attempt at gps tracking via a smartphone.

Why am I asking here? Because Criticker does a great job doing what I want, but for movies. No constant barrage of ads or sponsored content; no continual admonishment to share everything on facebook or other stuff like that; just a place to put a score and a review, as well as a proper interface to sort the data that accumulates over years of use. Only thing missing is graphs of my scores over time, graphs of the genres of films I'm watching over time, graphs of the budget of films I'm watching over time, etc. But that's a minor quibble, just about everything else is exactly what I'm looking for which is why I've stuck with this site for six years. In my opinion Criticker is still the best at what it does, from a reviewer's perspective. I imagine users (and admins) of this site have a reasonably good idea (or an opinion somewhat similar to mine) on what makes a great website for inputting/tracking personal stats over time, so I'm asking here.

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

PS: Some clever person is probably going to say "put it in a spreadsheet?" which is not a bad idea, just more work to make all the graphs and also less pretty. I'd also rather use a web-based platform so that no matter which computer I'm on, or if my computer dies, all my data lives on.

dardan
1637 Ratings

Re: Looking for a site like Criticker, but for running

Post by dardan »

http://www.logyourrun.com/

Or if you do decide to use a spreadsheet: http://davidhays.net/running/runlog/runlog.html

In the case of the last option you could automatically save your files to onedrive or if you install dropbox to dropbox.

ronthedog
391 Ratings

Re: Looking for a site like Criticker, but for running

Post by ronthedog »

www.fetcheveryone.com is excellent. Good features and a community too.