Does anyone have an IMDB Pro subscription?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
nikiforos
1737 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Does anyone have an IMDB Pro subscription?

Post by nikiforos »

Hi guys, I'll be quick:

I want to add "The Character of Physical Law" to the criticker database, but it's not in the imdb database either. I was wandering, if a kind spirit with an imdb pro subscription might be able to add it there for me, and for the rest of the community as well.

In case you're wandering, here's what Wikipedia has to say about it: "The Character of Physical Law is a series of seven lectures by physicist Richard Feynman concerning the nature of the laws of physics. The lectures were delivered by Feynman in 1964 at Cornell University, as part of the Messenger Lectures series. The BBC recorded the seven lectures and published a book by the same name in 1965."

I believe this belongs here too, probably as a TV Special/Documentary.

So, thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help, and either way feel free to comment.

rklenseth
11499 Ratings

Re: Does anyone have an IMDB Pro subscription?

Post by rklenseth »

Unfortunately, even if someone had an IMDb Pro account they wouldn't be able to add it as it costs money to add a film to their database plus I believe you also have to be the owner of the copyright of the content. I would suggest since this is 50 years old maybe trying to e-mail IMDb to see if they would be willing to add it if you haven't done so yet. I'm sure that studios wouldn't pay to put most of their older movies on the IMDb database plus with tons of movies where the copyright is now public domain. Who would have put them in their database and who would pay for it? Although a lot of the older movies may have been added before Amazon bought IMDb. Amazon has since been trying to make money from the concept by having studios pay them to add their films as well as for talent to post their information.

Although, please, correct me if I'm wrong about that.

rklenseth
11499 Ratings

Post by rklenseth »

Upon further inspection, it appears there is a way to submit content here... https://contribute.imdb.com/updates?update=title . It looks like you just need a regular IMDb account but it looks like they may be very strict by what they are willing to add to their database. You can view the rules here... https://contribute.imdb.com/updates/guide/adding_new_title .

I hope this helps.

ehk2
8488 Ratings

Post by ehk2 »

you do not need a pro account to add a film to database. I have added lots of movies with a regular imdb account

yug
2041 Ratings

Post by yug »

You don't need a pro account. First log into your regular account. Just add your submission here:
https://contribute.imdb.com/updates?update=title

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

It's on YouTube, looks like all of it.

I'm a huge fan of Feynman who I'm told was probably the smartest physicist in the 20th century, which would of course include Einstein--and FWIW, I tend to agree. But he was a good looking guy (see below) for which most people would disqualify him for being a genius out-of-hand. He has some considerable credits on IMDb, though of course not for that. But even though I follow that stuff pretty closely, I don't know if I could sit through all that even if there isn't any math. I need the condensed version. My specialty is the Mega-Big Pitchur. And besides, he made considerable progress after 1963. Anyway, for those who can't do, watch.

nikiforos
1737 Ratings

Post by nikiforos »

Thanks for the responses, and thank you for the submission link. I must have missed that somehow. I just submitted the entry (after 40 minutes, WTF IMDB?) so I expect to have an imdb link available within a week or so, and then I can create the criticker entry. Neat.

PeaceAnarchy
7005 Ratings

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

nikiforos wrote:I just submitted the entry (after 40 minutes, WTF IMDB?)

I think they intentionally make the process cumbersome to avoid people submitting fake films or, more likely, submitting films that are already in the database but the user was searching using the wrong title.