Favorite Mini-Reviews

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Stain
5623 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Favorite Mini-Reviews

Post by Stain »

Jeb wrote:Jesus, just leave Stain alone.

Well, thanks, but quite honestly I've been enjoying the spotlight. :)

JohnnyZombie
1583 Ratings

Post by JohnnyZombie »

Allow me to jump in her and defend Stain as well. I dug his review of Plan 9.

I always dig negative or funny reviews more than straight positive ones. It reminds me of Ratatouille.

I know I just gave some stars out. Pickpocket and frederic_g54 are both fun reads, even though neither are in my top ten.

EDIT: FUCK, I was wrong. frederic_g54 is in my top ten.

frederic_g54
3006 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

haha, you just popped up in my top 10 aswell :), funny "Little Children" review, me and my brother laughed during "The Savages"... everyone else seemed to hate it...

peace

JooJoo
6022 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

here's a favorite of mine:

"Because it's Oliver Stone this movie is never boring. That said, who agreed to let Black Irishman Colin Farrell go blonde? Who okayed the tiled wall maps in Latinate English (absurd)? The intoning explanations by Anthony Hopkins to try and make sense of the rambling inchoate mess of a plot? I give Stone points for trying, for staying reasonably intelligent about the whole thing and going for the homosexual text, but then when the movie fails he backs off and cuts the stuff out of the DVD! He sh"

- akstanwyck

he's talking about Alexander The Great btw

Philip
541 Ratings

Post by Philip »

I've got to say I love Bojanglesmn's reviews. The guy is funny as hell, but he still often manages to provide some insight or make a good point about the movie. Not just being fun for the sake of it, like some. His Air Bud review makes me laugh out loud every time I read it.

sebby
6292 Ratings

Post by sebby »

I spend too much time reading mini-reviews. There are some rather astute filmic observations being made around here.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I had to laugh at moush review for Baby Geniuses

- I've seen better infant roles in the movie "Dumplings". -

Quicky
786 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

I loved this one for Lethal Weapon. Note the last sentence :D.

Tripwyre wrote:The originator. This one laid down the blue-print for every Bruckheimer buddy flick to come. And as insulting as that sounds, somehow, this one works. Sure it meanders a little too much out the gate. Sure by now most of its characters, situations and sequences have become cliches. Sure there isn't much by way of plot. Sure Gibson's rocking the Mellet. It doesn't matter. It's just a fun and very likable flick. Released four months before I was born, it hasn't aged as gracefully as I have.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Coincidentally, I came over a review of Tripwyre I wanted to post here like 2 days ago but I didn't bother. That one was pretty sweet too.

iceblox
3591 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

This one made me laugh, mostly because I wasn't expecting such a review when I was skimming through the reviews for Låt den rätte komma in (2008):

roujin wrote:needed more farting