Favorite Mini-Reviews

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JooJoo
6022 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Favorite Mini-Reviews

Post by JooJoo »

Stain is the absolute worst and best.

if you look at his list of 0/100 scores its really hard to imagine someone with his taste but I also find a lot of underrated hits off his rankings, too.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Pickpocket wrote:Stain has to be one of the worst reviewers. I just read a few and they consist of "I want to shoot all the key creative people involved with this movie." and multiple reviews are just "Kiddie litter"

I found him after reviewing Man On Wire which he simply said "So what?" I mean, if you aren't impressed by a guy walking on a wire between the world trade centers towers then what will impress you? God those reviews are awful.

I wouldn't like to say anything against Stain as I feel it would be rude, but I their review of 'House' left me baffled. Basically, he stated it was "like, one of the worst TV shows ever..." - it's a movie.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Pickpocket wrote:I found him after reviewing Man On Wire which he simply said "So what?"

This review actually made me laugh out loud. Many of Stain's reviews do, in fact... I think it's good to have an edgy voice out there :)

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

HorrorMaster wrote:I wouldn't like to say anything against Stain as I feel it would be rude, but I their review of 'House' left me baffled. Basically, he stated it was "like, one of the worst TV shows ever..." - it's a movie.

He's not an idiot. It's likely a joke.

It's hilarious, imo.

(each to his own)
Last edited by paulofilmo on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

frederic_g54
3006 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

paulofilmo wrote:Space Jam was pretty cool.

That may be, but Michael Jordan playing basketball with the looney tunes is not something I'd recommend. Let's face it, it was a profit seeking film. When I see Shawshank, I think of "cinema".

HorrorMaster wrote: review of 'House' left me baffled. Basically, he stated it was "like, one of the worst TV shows ever..." - it's a movie.

that made my day :)

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Reading the above discussion I thought I'd never come across this Stain, so I looked him up only to find that he was the jackass who wrote the review of Gozu that's been pissing me off ever since I saw that film (not so much because I think the film is so great, which I do, but more because of the implications it makes towards myself and others who liked it). I know I shouldn't be aggravated by people like that, but.. I really can't stand reviewers who seem to write reviews purely to piss people off without having any real opinion on the film.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

He's a provocateur. To fan the flame is to display one's own fractured visage.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I'm quite aware of that, but even so I can't help being incredibly annoyed. Which is probably more annoying than Stain himself. :P

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

I think he gets bored very easily. Look into his reviews of Nights of Cabiria, Stalker, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Four Hundred Blows, High Noon, Kagemusha, Virgin Spring.. and others. He also possesses a "bullshit detector" and tends to scream when things are "repeated and repeated and repeated". :P

If he didn't comment those Z's about Nights of Cabiria, I wouldn't care..

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

mpowell wrote:
Pickpocket wrote:I found him after reviewing Man On Wire which he simply said "So what?"

This review actually made me laugh out loud. Many of Stain's reviews do, in fact... I think it's good to have an edgy voice out there :)
Last edited by Pickpocket on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.