New Style Changes

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
saudade
2226 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: New Style Changes

Post by saudade »

I love what you've done with the place! Classy.

Dreamer
1013 Ratings

Post by Dreamer »

djross wrote:With the old style, when I am on a film page, my score was in a square, but if I haven't rated it, my predicted score was in a square with rounded edges. Now, both are in an identical round-edged square. This seems to unnecessarily reduce the clarity of the distinction between actual scores and predicted scores. Can we go back to a square box for actual scores?

There is still an equally salient cue to whether you've rated it or not, though. If you haven't rated it there is a rating box next to the score. Also the overall layout of the text and the square is different.

klea
1941 Ratings

Post by klea »

lisa- wrote:the autofill search seems to have disappeared though. i liked that.

lockstock wrote:PS: any chance that the auto-complete function of the search box will return?

Ric
1520 Ratings

Post by Ric »

Nice work !

PS : I liked the link to most recent forum post at the top of the page (doesn't have to return at the top, though, anywhere would be fine)

maborosi
3130 Ratings

Post by maborosi »

i can't look through my messages. the yellow arrow button just tries to load but doesn't.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Autocomplete is back! Apologies again for its momentary disappearance.

Guillaume
1384 Ratings

Post by Guillaume »

mattorama12 wrote:
Guillaume wrote:Really hope you'll set up a simple mobile view.

Stuff like
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1"/>
in HTML and
@media screen and (max-width: 530px), screen and (max-device-width: 530px) { }
in CSS would be enough. Just hide the extra div's that are unnecessary (display: none;) and you're done.

Or re-open the API so the good ol' Criticker app can come back! I know this is probably asking a lot, but damn do I miss that app.

So true. I get that they closed down the API as soon as they were are aware of security flaws, that's even commendable. But it would be great indeed if there were to be a security update for it :D

Oh, and in the film details page, we can't directly remove it from our wishlist. This is kind of an adventure to do this now.

klea
1941 Ratings

Post by klea »

mpowell wrote:Autocomplete is back! Apologies again for its momentary disappearance.

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

mpowell wrote: We weren't sure whether the "Currently on the Forum" links were going to be missed... apparently so. We'll try and figure out how to implement that back into the page, in a way that makes sense.

I'm missing it too :(

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

A few random thoughts: The search field looks weird floating in the middle by itself, perhaps it could be moved slightly if the forum links are reinstated. On film pages, the ratings pane takes up a proportionally smaller part of the page now, perhaps it could be enlarged. And the big blue navigation bar looks a bit ugly to me, though I don't really have any suggestions how to fix it.

But overall the site looks much better now, good job.