Watched Counter/Last date watched

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Watched Counter/Last date watched

Post by philamental »

I'd expect there would only be a minority who might be interested but could a feature be added that would allow the user to record the number of times they view a film? A sort of 'rewatched' button that once a film is rated it appears and the user can click on it every subsequent time they watch that film. In an ideal world a user could then order films by number of times viewed to see which they have watched more times than others. I would also like if the movie page retained record of and displayed the date of the last time the 'rewatched' button had been clicked, so a user could then easily view the last time they saw a film. "Has it really been five years since I last saw this? I should watch this again soon" kinda thing.

I don't know if either would be easy to implement but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Last edited by philamental on Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Watched Counter/Last date watched

Post by mpowell »

You're right, it doesn't hurt to ask :) We collect all of these ideas, even if there's possibly not a major demand for them. We like to keep track of any idea that could improve Criticker. I've added this to our database of ideas, so it doesn't get lost.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Thanks!

If it's not too invasive a question, is it possible for you to give us an idea of how your database of ideas is referenced/used in general by your team?

All I can currently picture is my request getting filed in your database in a manner similar to the end of 'Raiders ...' :lol:

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Haha, that's not totally off the mark. We have way more ideas collected, than time to work on them. We try to organize them by ease of implementation and how much they seem to be desired. And we prioritize fixing bugs over enhancements.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Thanks for the insight, and I appreciate it's an impossible task to implement every single feature request.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

philamental wrote:Image

I wondered how they did this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07pjb9r

12:40

karamazov.
1727 Ratings

Post by karamazov. »

fwiw, I'd love to have this feature as well.

paulofilmo wrote:I wondered how they did this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07pjb9r

12:40

Enjoyed this programme, cheers.

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

This could even be tied to social media to checkin to the movies we're (re)watching via criticker rather than other providers.