Easy way to link to films in criticker database

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Easy way to link to films in criticker database

Post by CosmicMonkey »

I don't have the technical know-how to know if it would be easy to implement or not, but I think it would be convenient if there was a way you could directly link to films in the criticker database.

What I mean is; what if there was a bbcode like [film]Inglourious Basterds[/film] that automatically created a hyperlink to the criticker page for that film?

I know that it is already possible to do that with the [url] tag, but doing so is long and cumbersome and there's a reason why you seldom see anyone use it.

I'm not sure if anyone else would appreciate the feature, but I sure would. I usually find myself opening multiple tabs on my browser, just to look up and research all the films that people are talking about on the forums, and such a feature would be convenient.

mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Easy way to link to films in criticker database

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the suggestion! The problem would be films with the same names, or ensuring the exact spelling. It'd be easy enough to link to search results, but to reliably match to a specific film would require basically the same amount of user-effort as just copy/pasting the URL. But your idea is a good one, and I could see that this would encourage people to more often link to the films they're talking about. We'll give it some thought.