product placement

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: product placement

Post by cagedwisdom »

Tripwyre wrote:I went into 7-11 the other day and they were hawking shit for Terminator Salvation. "Fair enough," I thought. "They do this every summer." Then I went to Terminator Salvation last night and saw John Connor walking into the ruins of an old 7-11. Fuck that.

:lol:

Yeah, there was a trailer for it when I went to see Angels & Demons (dunno which trailer it was). There was a pretty alarming amount of product placement in the trailer. Still, that trailer was probably the best part of that movie-going eperience.. :x

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

i added back to the future part 2 because--i might be the only person to remember this--of those pepsi bottles that were all funny shaped in the future.

EDIT: maybe it was coke, but either way.

Gregzilla
2114 Ratings

Post by Gregzilla »

yeah, I remember. Actually when I think product placement I think Back To The Future 2. I remember being so astounded by all of it when I saw the movie I had a real hard time enjoying the movie. Maybe its not so bad at home as it was in the theatre, I haven't seen it since its inital release.

Jellysauce
1113 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

Luna6ix wrote:i added back to the future part 2 because--i might be the only person to remember this--of those pepsi bottles that were all funny shaped in the future.

EDIT: maybe it was coke, but either way.

that's brilliant. same with juno for the tic tacs (i would of never of thought or of remembered that).

someone also added yes man which makes sense because jim carey had never had a red bull before but he had a red bull and he really likes red bull.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

letskillrobots
1975 Ratings

Post by letskillrobots »

There's a subtle Wii in Iron Man. I probably only noticed it because I love them.

snallygaster
1646 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

I think this list could potentially grow to thousands of films, but I added:
E.T. (M&Ms in the screenplay, swapped out for Reese's Pieces in the film), and
Leonard Part 6 (Coca Cola, one of the most infamous examples)

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I added The Road because there is the scene where Viggo Mortensen gives the can of coke to his son.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

dougied89 wrote:I added The Road because there is the scene where Viggo Mortensen gives the can of coke to his son.

meh, that was in the book as well. It didn't feel like placement either.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Pickpocket wrote:
dougied89 wrote:I added The Road because there is the scene where Viggo Mortensen gives the can of coke to his son.

meh, that was in the book as well. It didn't feel like placement either.

I guess you can see it either way. I kind of felt like it was placement because they are just in this dark gloomy world with really nothing in it, and all of a sudden they find a can of coke. But it is a very minute detail.