Search
Profile All Your Rankings Starred Reviews Your Best TCIs PSIs Kumpels Wishlist
Random Film

Filmmakers : David Cronenberg

Return to Board index
Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters

Re: David Cronenberg

Postby jacobb1313 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 pm

David Cronenberg is a personal idol, so I can't wait for any of his movies to come out, no matter how subpar the trailers might be (and actually, I don't watch trailers, so I am not one to judge).

My opinion of Robert Pattinson is not high (I've seen a couple of those Twilight things, unfortunately), but if anyone can church him up, it's Cronenberg. I have high hopes.

jacobb1313

Num Rankings: 2368

Postby Pickpocket on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:12 am

Looks like Oscar bait but still looks decent to me. Fassbinder is possibly the most interesting actor working today so because he's in it my interest spiked a little.

Pickpocket

Num Rankings: 2743

Postby ayall on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 am

I haven't seen to many of his films, other then a History of Violence which i thought was decent but nothing great.

This trailer seemed pretty good as far as set/costume design and cinematography. I think it could be a very interesting story with a possibility for a great script (Christopher Hampton).... if properly executed with great acting, it could be a hit.

I'll be looking forward to checking it out.

ayall

Num Rankings: 1653

Postby Pickpocket on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:45 am

dougied89 wrote:It does seem a bit over dramatic and the most likely to attract the Academy's attention of his films, but I think with Cronenberg this one may not seem as straightforward as the trailer makes it look.

Yeah, I can definitely see this happening.

dougied89 wrote:I've only seen Fassbender in Inglorious Basterds (and 300, but I can't even remember him in that movie), and he was very good in that small role, so it will be interesting to see him in a bigger role.

Check out Hunger (2008).

Pickpocket

Num Rankings: 2743

Next

Return to Filmmakers