Best Product Placement

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Best Product Placement

Post by Stewball »

Without a doubt, the 18 year old single malt scotch used in Carnage, even though (or maybe because) it's so subtle you need to stop the DVD to get the name --Bruichladdich, pronounced Brookladdie, though they didn't even say it in the film. (Fantastic film btw. Bitingly funny as hell.)

nauru
1667 Ratings

Re: Best Product Placement

Post by nauru »

Carnage is a great film, really funny. I didn't notice any branding at all, maybe because I don't drink/care about scotch.

My personal favourite:

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

nauru wrote:Carnage is a great film, really funny. I didn't notice any branding at all, maybe because I don't drink/care about scotch.

My personal favourite:

Yeah, an example from the non-subtle extreme.

And I don't drink scotch either, but I bought a bottle because it played such a prominent part in the movie, I liked the subtle placement, to have it on hand for those who do like it, and it's a cool conversation starter for Carnage and movies in general. Image

BTW, what made me think of this was when I was writing my entry for Battleship--the product placed being the US Navy (with the Japanese Navy as hangers on). Too bad the movie wasn't any better

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

One of the few funny moments from Steve Oedekerk's Kung Pow! Enter the Fist: "Taco Bell, Taco Bell, product placement with Taco Bell!"

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

luke9 wrote:One of the few funny moments from Steve Oedekerk's Kung Pow! Enter the Fist: "Taco Bell, Taco Bell, product placement with Taco Bell!"

Speaking of fast food, and one of the worst placements ever, McDonald's in Dark Shadows.

ayall
1652 Ratings

Post by ayall »

i don't know if there is a "best," i personally hate product placement in movies/films.

For example, I was watching How Do You Know last night and was disgusted at the Guinness product placement.

Reese Witherspoon kept saying (at least 3 times) something like "you know how drinking 'Guinness' makes me open up."

WTF is that about?
Should have just stuck with "beer" or "alcohol."

Guinness is a fine drink, and one of my favorite beers.
They don't need this cheesy movie to help push their product.

???
1722 Ratings

Post by ??? »

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

ayall wrote:i don't know if there is a "best," i personally hate product placement in movies/films.

For example, I was watching How Do You Know last night and was disgusted at the Guinness product placement.

Reese Witherspoon kept saying (at least 3 times) something like "you know how drinking 'Guinness' makes me open up."

WTF is that about?
Should have just stuck with "beer" or "alcohol."

Guinness is a fine drink, and one of my favorite beers.
They don't need this cheesy movie to help push their product.

Yeah, if you're gonna do it, be subtle.

??? wrote:

Hell, Gaga is product placement.

by Devol
1140 Ratings

Post by by Devol »

from Blue Velvet:

MacLaughlin (after swigging from said product): "ah, Heineken......King of Beers."

later on:

Hopper: "HEINEKEN!?!?.....FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!!....PABST!!!!!.....BLUE, RIBBON!!!!"

???
1722 Ratings

Post by ??? »

Britney, quite aggressively, as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Edv8Onsrgg&ob=av3e

I want more music videos on Criticker, this is such a bizzare genre :O