Actors who play only "good guys"

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
Jehan
2310 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Actors who play only "good guys"

Post by Jehan »

I haven't seen that many films with Jimmy Stewart, but after looking though his career, I get the impression he only plays as the good guy. He was never a villain or an anti-hero. Can you think of more examples for that?

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Re: Actors who play only "good guys"

Post by TheDenizen »

Jimmy Stewart played a killer in one film early in his career: [spoiler]After the Thin Man[/spoiler]

I think Jackie Chan fits the bill, though. When he was just a stuntman, he played nameless goons getting beaten up by the hero a couple of times, but he's never played a villainous role that I can think of.

Jehan
2310 Ratings

Post by Jehan »

TheDenizen wrote:Jimmy Stewart played a killer in one film early in his career

Interesting, must watch it sometime.

I was just reading the summaries of Chuck Norris' films and was 100% sure he's just that kind of actor, playing cops and soldiers in almost all of this movies, when I got to one of his first films:

Slaughter in San Francisco (1974)
When his partner is murdered, a police officer (Don Wong) sets out to avenge his death and rid San Francisco of the corrupting influence of an evil man (Chuck Norris).

:lol:

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Plus, Chuck Norris was the villain in Bruce Lee's The Way of the Dragon in 1972. ;)

What about John Wayne? Haven't seen many of his films but he doesn't strike me as the villain type.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

TheDenizen wrote:Jimmy Stewart played a killer in one film early in his career: [spoiler]After the Thin Man[/spoiler]

Good pick, but there are more. In The Far Country (1954), James Stewart plays an obsessed, greedy, misanthropic son-of-a-bitch who will do anything for gold.

Jehan wrote:I was just reading the summaries of Chuck Norris' films and was 100% sure he's just that kind of actor, playing cops and soldiers in almost all of this movies, when I got to one of his first films:

He is more than just evil! I absolutely LOVE the trailer;

"The parts he plays, he PLAYS FOR REAL!!"

I love the implication; that in real life Chuck Norris murders and rapes people, too!

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

:lol:

Filligan
1576 Ratings

Post by Filligan »

Tom Hanks.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Ronald Reagan's only role as a villain (in The Killers) is also totally excellent.

Filligan
1576 Ratings

Post by Filligan »

movieboy wrote:
Filligan wrote:Tom Hanks.

Hanks plays a gangster in 'Road to Perdition' and a thief in 'Ladykillers'. But neither is really an evil person role.

Hanks is a gangster in Road to Perdition, but he's still the hero. Jude Law and Daniel Craig are the antagonists.

As for The Ladykillers, please stop trying to remind me that exists.

Anomaly
1894 Ratings

Post by Anomaly »

Leonardo Dicaprio's been playing the heroes for a good while, though he's recently moved onto anti-heroes and is going to be the villain in Django Unchained.