S'up w/Kutcher

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

S'up w/Kutcher

Post by Stewball »

He packed a lot of stuff into that short speech, most of it probably new to a large segment of his fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNXwKGZHmDc

It's certainly something a lot of Kutcher's celebrity worshiping teeny-bopper fans haven't heard anywhere before. Or is he gonna do the "What I meant to say was....".

I was proud to hear it but I don't know what's behind it (Jobs opens this weekend to lukewarm [liberal media?] reviews so-far). Is it a shift in his outlook, a new two-sided subtext in Hollywood, or what? Oliver Stone said this week, “Obama is a snake. He’s a snake. And we have to turn on him,”; “[at] The Boston Marathon, they were so busy tracking down potential protestors…that they missed the bombers,”

Not holdin' my breath, just sayin'.

mattorama12
3095 Ratings

Re: S'up w/Kutcher

Post by mattorama12 »

Stewball wrote:I was proud to hear it but I don't know what's behind it (Jobs opens this weekend to lukewarm [liberal media?] reviews so-far). Is it a shift in his outlook, a new two-sided subtext in Hollywood, or what? Oliver Stone said this week, “Obama is a snake. He’s a snake. And we have to turn on him,”; “[at] The Boston Marathon, they were so busy tracking down potential protestors…that they missed the bombers,”

This is some South Park Jeff Golblum style connecting the dots right here.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

mattorama12 wrote:
Stewball wrote:I was proud to hear it but I don't know what's behind it (Jobs opens this weekend to lukewarm [liberal media?] reviews so-far). Is it a shift in his outlook, a new two-sided subtext in Hollywood, or what? Oliver Stone said this week, “Obama is a snake. He’s a snake. And we have to turn on him,”; “[at] The Boston Marathon, they were so busy tracking down potential protestors…that they missed the bombers,”

This is some South Park Jeff Golblum style connecting the dots right here.

I'm merely asking the questions. What's your take, particularly on what Kutcher said?

mattorama12
3095 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Stewball wrote:I'm merely asking the questions. What's your take, particularly on what Kutcher said?

I thought it was a good message and one that the audience probably doesn't hear often enough. I don't think there's really much more to it than that. I fail to see any connection with Obama or the liberal media.

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

mattorama12 wrote:
Stewball wrote:I'm merely asking the questions. What's your take, particularly on what Kutcher said?

I thought it was a good message and one that the audience probably doesn't hear often enough. I don't think there's really much more to it than that. I fail to see any connection with Obama or the liberal media.

It'll dawn on you, when you come out from the Dark Side. And I had no idea he could come close to saying anything beyond "Dude where's your car", much less well thought out, even approaching profound in places--unless someone wrote it for him. There's hope yet either way. I liked it when he pointed to his head at the end.

mattorama12
3095 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Stewball wrote:It'll dawn on you, when you come out from the Dark Side.

Care to enlighten this Empire lackey?

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

I am guessing the lukewarm reviews of Jobs are not due to the liberal media, but for the fact that it appears to be a fairly low budget biopic with lousy makeup and a bit of a "TV Movie" feel to it. Not to mention it has Chris Kutcher in it, and there has been a bit of an Apple backlash as many now realize part of their empire is built on stealing technology then suing other companies for patents they didn't come up with.

mattorama12
3095 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

I guess I didn't realize that Jobs is disliked by liberals? Seems weird to me, since he's something of a god among the tech industry, which as whole tends to be quite liberal. And isn't it a bit strange to attack the liberal media for the response to Jobs? I mean, it'd be fair to attack the liberal film critics, but the liberal media has way bigger fish to fry than a small biopic.

Either way, I still don't understand the connection between the Kutcher speech and Obama.

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

Did anyone see that latest Hollywood action/animated movie with vaguely political undertones? What was with that commie gobbledygook?

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

The best thing Obama ever did is steal Martin Luther King's cadence.