Trolling Oneself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
hellboy76
6339 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Trolling Oneself

Post by hellboy76 »

Some of these descriptions make me want to watch these. I watch so many bad movies, I would be up for a bad movie category on the MOM. Don't want to turn others off it though as it can be a bit like getting punched in the scrotum repeatedly for an hour and a half.

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

Ocelot wrote:I have been slowly going through the Hulk Hogan oeuvre

those are all unintentionally sidesplitting, gasping for air hilarious!

Kojiless
2369 Ratings

Post by Kojiless »

When I was on holiday in Thailand, I stopped by a 7-11 to buy a cold bottle of beer to go with my plastic baggie of oh-so-sweet street meat and came across a VCD copy of Alien Armageddon on sale for about 2 dollars.

Literally, I could only bear about 10 minutes before my sanity started ripping apart like roast pig in a pulled pork sandwich......so it ended up taking around 7 sittings to get to the end. Which, in other words, means I came back to this fucking thing 6 times.

That said, I recall very little about the movie, other than there was a lot of shooting laser rifles at point-blank range and missing, something about aliens turning humans into food (that looked a lot like those roasted turkey breasts you see behind deli counters) and then feeding it back to them, and a 5 minute scene of two or three guys walking through a tunnel that was dark, so the director decided to film it by put the lens cap back on his camera.

I love 'so-bad-they're-good' movies as much as the next (disturbed) guy. So much so that I make it a point to watch at least a few each week...but man... Like a meth addict whose hitting rock bottom convinces him to turn his life around, I seriously reconsidered my viewing habits after subjecting my soul to this.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Kojiless wrote:
I love 'so-bad-they're-good' movies as much as the next (disturbed) guy.

I do again want to stress that this is very different than what the topic is about. I'm well aware that many people (including myself, on occasion) like to laugh at and enjoy bad films. This wasn't the case here. These films were simply awful with no redeeming value whatsoever. I was thoroughly bored watching them, and didn't enjoy the experience at all. Nor did I expect to at the outset.

saudade
2222 Ratings

Post by saudade »

ShogunRua wrote:
Kojiless wrote:

I do again want to stress that this is very different than what the topic is about. I'm well aware that many people (including myself, on occasion) like to laugh at and enjoy bad films. This wasn't the case here. These films were simply awful with no redeeming value whatsoever. I was thoroughly bored watching them, and didn't enjoy the experience at all. Nor did I expect to at the outset.

Do you watch these films because they're awful, or in spite of their awfulness? I sometimes rummage through the garbage in a favorite actor's body of work, myself. A necessary evil.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

saudade wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:
Kojiless wrote:

Do you watch these films because they're awful, or in spite of their awfulness? I sometimes rummage through the garbage in a favorite actor's body of work, myself. A necessary evil.

It's exceptionally rare that I troll myself like that (I can't recall another time I have done so in either 2013 or 2014), but in both cases I was morbidly curious by how bad they were, although I knew it wouldn't be entertaining. In the case of Assassination, I adore Charles Bronson, and was wondering how putrid one of his worst outings truly was, as my memories of it from childhood were hazy. (Although I hated it then, too) With Frogs, it had such a hilarious title, poster, and core premise that I was wondering how they fucked it all up.

Jerky
6163 Ratings

Post by Jerky »

This poster is one of two reasons why I rented this crap fest back in the 90's (the other being Ray Milland....love me some Ray Milland....the poor man's Cary Grant)

Might be one of the best taglines ever. How could I resist?

as for one of the instances where I trolled myself......Twilight

Knew I would hate it...but went ahead and watched it anyways.

SirStuckey
2880 Ratings

Post by SirStuckey »

Many many years ago I bought Frogs out of a Dollar bin at Wal-Mart. I hoped it would be so bad it's good but I've tried watching it twice and napped through good portions of it both times. Too bad MST3K didn't do a commentary for it.

Sharknado 2 is my most recent foray into trolling myself. I thought the first one was shit (obviously) and didn't understand why it hit with so many people. I'm convinced it's the idea of Sharknado's more than the movie having a "so bad it's good quality." I watched the second merely because the How Did This Get Made podcast was doing an episode on it and I wanted to be able to rant on it with specifics to people who claimed they liked it. Really wasn't worth my time.

Gregzilla
2114 Ratings

Post by Gregzilla »

Well, I have watched movies not expecting to enjoy them. I think the line is in being interested in the movie. I'm not interested in Hulk Hogan (or Paul Hogan) movies, So I'm not expecting to enjoy them. But for a movie like Frogs, Something I would be interested in, I try to drop all expectations and let the movie do it's own peculiar thing.