Cheesy early 80's horror scene

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Cheesy early 80's horror scene

Post by philamental »

Inspired by another thread on here, I recalled something I saw a long long time ago that gave me probably my worst night of nightmares from a viewing experience. I was about 12 or 13 which meant it was probably about 1986-1989ish when I saw it and it was on tv. My full expectation is this is something that most people and even myself would laugh at if seen today but back then there was just something about the scene that freaked the crap out of me and every time I got the sleep that night I ended up dreaming about it and waking up in a fright.

I fully expect nobody will know this one as I think it's too generic for most to recall it. I'm not even convinced it's a film to be honest. I know it wasn't a 'weekly' tv series, but it could be a tv show that did once off stories like say twilight zone or similar.

Anyway, all I can remember is that I guess there was some sort of investigation into a serial killer and the 'hero' follows a trail that leads him down into a sewer tunnel or similar and he's backed up by some colleague or inconspicuous character who (probably obviously to others) turns out to be the serial killer. At my tender age, I didn't see it coming and the reveal down in the tunnel where the hero had nowhere to go was freaky beyond belief at the time. I think the reveal had something where some sort of metal claw, signature to the killer, was revealed and I think the hero was then murdered. As you can see it does have a 80s twilight zone feel, but it could just as easily been a tv movie or crap 80's horror.

Honestly I think I have about a 1% chance of someone recognising this, but you never know ...

Peeperkorn41
680 Ratings

Re: Cheesy early 80's horror scene

Post by Peeperkorn41 »

Almost sounds like My Bloody Valentine. Which is a little early for your timeline (it's from '81) and takes place in a mine and not a sewer.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Re: Cheesy early 80's horror scene

Post by philamental »

would be fairly confident it's not My Bloody Valentine as I think I recall seeing that but I will probably try check it out again just to be sure, thanks