Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
rklenseth
11502 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by rklenseth »

"Casablanca" 1942 is going to be my guess. I'm only going with that guess as that looks like Humphrey Bogart turned away from us. If for some insane reason I am correct somebody else can play my turn as I'll be away as of tomorrow.

MacSwell
2722 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

'Tis not Casablanca. Will add another image later today.

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

Sweet Smell of Success? That does look like it could be Tony Curtis turned away, and the fella on the left looks like he might be Curtis' sister's boyfriend (from what I remember).

Bobbles
1029 Ratings

Post by Bobbles »

3dRevelation wrote:Sweet Smell of Success? That does look like it could be Tony Curtis turned away, and the fella on the left looks like he might be Curtis' sister's boyfriend (from what I remember).

Argh, you're right, it definitely is Sweet Smell. I was absolutely sure that I'd seen the two guys on the left before, and I adore the film, but the boyfriend never made enough of an impression on me to be able to place him.

https://youtu.be/gBbPlyHxj8c?t=120

MacSwell
2722 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

You are indeed correct, 3dRevelation. You're up!

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

I'm kind of surprised myself that I got the last one. I guess mention of newspapers, got me thinking about films that involve them, and then thinking I recognized the guy on the left helped. New image:

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

That really looks like Robert Shaw on the right of the second picture. If so, standing in a football stadium would suggest it's 'Black Sunday' (1977)?

3dRevelation
1164 Ratings

Post by 3dRevelation »

Good eye. That is indeed Robert Shaw and it is Black Sunday. My next image would have had him closer and easier to make out. I guess I didn't really think so few people on here have rated/seen it. That should change. Thomas Harris is of course known for the Hannibal Lecter series, but Black Sunday was his first novel. It's also directed by John Frankenheimer, who I personally consider an underrated director.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Thanks for the extra detail about the movie. I haven't seen it but I guess I must be a fan of Robert Shaw as I recalled reading about one of his last films involving a plot to blow up the Superbowl. I really like that first image, so along with your summary I now intend to seek out and watch it.

Next one from me ... as always I never know how others will see it but it strikes me as an easy one if you've seen it anytime recently ...

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (80.54 KiB) Viewed 1367 times