"This Changes Everthing"

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
hellboy76
6340 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: "This Changes Everthing"

Post by hellboy76 »

Suture Self wrote:Shogun, let's put politics aside and get real with each other. Real close that is. I've been meaning to tell you some things.

I mean, damn, Shogun, you one fine ass bowl of punch. I wanna eat tropical fruits with you in a bathtub full of epsom salts and listen to you talk all about Ayn Rand and growing up in Russia, gurl. I want you to teach me origami and have water ballon fights. Let's cook spaghetti and microwave nachos together. I want all up in your personal business, delicious. Sup. Lemme sleep in the corner with the TV on. I want you to pack my lunch for me on school days. I wanna give you separation anxiety. Let's get usual, boo. :3

Now we are getting somewhere.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Suture Self wrote:Shogun, let's put politics aside and get real with each other. Real close that is. I've been meaning to tell you some things.

I mean, damn, Shogun, you one fine ass bowl of punch. I wanna eat tropical fruits with you in a bathtub full of epsom salts and listen to you talk all about Ayn Rand and growing up in Russia, gurl. I want you to teach me origami and have water ballon fights. Let's cook spaghetti and microwave nachos together. I want all up in your personal business, delicious. Sup. Lemme sleep in the corner with the TV on. I want you to pack my lunch for me on school days. I wanna give you separation anxiety. Let's get usual, boo. :3

Ayn Rand was a genius, it's not surprising that you would dismiss her. Just know that she is written off by academics and they completely reject objectivism. Really think about that. Academics aka people who are such failures that they have to hide in a bubble known as college so they can invent words like microagression and award useless women's studies degrees to morons who are offended by nothing. Just know that these same academics can't function in the real world that's why they have to stay in college getting paid dogshit because no one else will hire them. Your computer science professor? Could never get a job at Google in a million years. Your business professor? You think someone that is successful in business would choose to make less money to teach kids? Donald Trump doesn't teach college, it's failures who can't make it in the real world. Your engineering professor? Will never design anything that anyone will ever use. These are the people that wrote off Ayn Rand. Just know that you are blindly agreeing with losers who will never have any real impact on the world. Is it nice being a sheep?

dardan
1637 Ratings

Post by dardan »

As an undergraduate who hopes to someday end up in academia I'm not sure if I should laugh or weep. Ever considered that some people genuinely like doing research and learning as their jobs instead of only pursuing money? Am I a failure for having the ambition to become a professor? Either way, I recommend All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace to anyone but particularly you Pickpocket. It isn't a proof against objectivism, but for someone who thinks it is a retarded theory it was amusing to watch.

Suture Self
2709 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Pickpocket wrote:

Ayn Rand was a genius, it's not surprising that you would dismiss her. Just know that she is written off by academics and they completely reject objectivism. Really think about that. Academics aka people who are such failures that they have to hide in a bubble known as college so they can invent words like microagression and award useless women's studies degrees to morons who are offended by nothing. Just know that these same academics can't function in the real world that's why they have to stay in college getting paid dogshit because no one else will hire them. Your computer science professor? Could never get a job at Google in a million years. Your business professor? You think someone that is successful in business would choose to make less money to teach kids? Donald Trump doesn't teach college, it's failures who can't make it in the real world. Your engineering professor? Will never design anything that anyone will ever use. These are the people that wrote off Ayn Rand. Just know that you are blindly agreeing with losers who will never have any real impact on the world. Is it nice being a sheep?
Oh my god, I really want to think about all of that, I really do, but I'd prefer if we had this conversation in the bathtub, handsome. :3

Suture Self
2709 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Dardan wrote:As an undergraduate who hopes to someday end up in academia I'm not sure if I should laugh or weep. Ever considered that some people genuinely like doing research and learning as their jobs instead of only pursuing money? Am I a failure for having the ambition to become a professor? Either way, I recommend All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace to anyone but particularly you Pickpocket. It isn't a proof against objectivism, but for someone who thinks it is a retarded theory it was amusing to watch.

If you want a good American foil to Ayn Rand, Emma Goldman, who was also Russian born, is a much more entertaining (and enlightening) read.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Suture Self wrote:
Pickpocket wrote:

Oh my god, I really want to think about all of that, I really do, but I'd prefer if we had this conversation in the bathtub, handsome. :3

Again, this is how they actually argue.

Dardan wrote:As an undergraduate who hopes to someday end up in academia I'm not sure if I should laugh or weep. Ever considered that some people genuinely like doing research and learning as their jobs instead of only pursuing money? Am I a failure for having the ambition to become a professor? Either way, I recommend All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace to anyone but particularly you Pickpocket. It isn't a proof against objectivism, but for someone who thinks it is a retarded theory it was amusing to watch.

That's great that you have a goal and are striving to achieve it. Most people your age have no clue. It's not something that I could condone as you will be surrounded by feminists and social justice warriors who do stuff like this: http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/ed ... /71416632/ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDpMT4kCmdo and you are also striving to go into a position that generates no wealth and most of the time will have no actual value on society as a whole. So that basically means that you are immensely replaceable, meaning that if you are making too much money they will fire you for no reason. Just know the way you phrased the pursuit of money as a negative is an incredibly naive and young person thing to say. I said that shit when I was 19 too. Money is freedom. I'll check that movie out

Suture Self
2709 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Pickpocket, what don't you get about "I've argued in this thread enough"? Chill out, dude.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Suture Self wrote:Pickpocket, what don't you get about "I've argued in this thread enough"? Chill out, dude.

Yet you keep coming back and posting stupid shit. Your actions don't match your words, dude

Suture Self
2709 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Pickpocket wrote:
Suture Self wrote:Pickpocket, what don't you get about "I've argued in this thread enough"? Chill out, dude.

Yet you keep coming back and posting stupid shit. Your actions don't match your words, dude

I'll talk to you human to human, I'll make jokes and chat a little, but I don't have the energy to dive into what would be another 5-10 page long discussion about a topic as contentious as Ayn Rand, ya dig? I already did that shit with climate change. I'm only human, dude.

Velvet Crowe
2628 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

Stewball wrote:
Suture Self wrote:You didn't answer my question about Trump.

Because I haven't decided yet. In any case, even Jeb Bush would be light years better than any of the three corrupt idiot loosers the Democrats are capitulating with.

What I do like about Trump:
Pushback against the leftist media.
Total rejection of political correctness.
Not beholding to the sources of campaign contributions.

All of that needs to happen to empower any overhaul of the elite, out-of-touch, graft accepting,
political class doing business as usual in Washington without regard to the will of the people except for lip service during elections.

I'm not sure how Trump is pushing back against "leftist media," conservative media is pretty prominent in America and continues to be so for better or worse. I don't think some "pushback" against it is somehow going to make things better, even if a lot of liberals do spout some completely idiotic things{which is no worse than the conservatives in that regard}. When it comes to the media, all Trump is doing is acting in a way that brings a ton of attention himself, which I personally view as a negative trait about him. Not to mention he has had quarrels with conservative outlets like Fox News for example.

I don't think Trump rejects political correctness so much as he just doesn't act politically correct. In my eyes, I think there's a difference between an idiot who poorly words everything he says and someone who thinks people need to be less overly sensitive about everything. I don't think someone who thinks we should build a "Great Wall of Mexico" and says demeaning things to women rather openly isn't what I call pushing against political correctness. I call that being an asshole. Not to mention that when you're dealing with international politics, some degree of political correctness is necessary. I really don't get how this is a necessity to make things better for America's politics.

Donald Trump is not beholding to the sources of campaign contributions because he's entirely self-financed, which I honestly don't think is necessarily a good thing. To me all this tells me is that anyone who has the money can enter politics and even be successful in it, even someone as vacuous as Kanye West. I agree that politics shouldn't be so confined by monetary contributions {which is definitely a huge liability in Bernie's Sanders run for president}, but I don't think Trump not being reliant on them is making anything better either.

I honestly can't find much reason to support Trump as a politician - running a corporation is not the same as running a government. It baffles me that people like Justin Trudeau and Obama, for all the faults that they have, get a lot of flak for supposedly not having "political experience" whereas Trump seems to get a pass on that just on virtue of owning a massive corporation. I'd have more respect for him if he was running for mayor of a city and accumulated enough experience to run for office.

In comparison to Hillary, at least I can say she has a lot more experience than Trump and I can be assured that she'll run the nation as a president rather than a CEO even if I don't agree with a lot her politics.

Pickpocket wrote:Who gives a shit if anyone likes Trump or not? The presidency is just a figurehead and if you like him or don't like him...great, your vote literally means nothing. If you live in a red state, voting blue is as worthless as voting red. If you live in a blue state, voting red is as useless as voting blue. If you live in a swing state, you'll need to gather ~100,000 of your closest friends and all vote the same way to have any impact, and even then you may not have the electoral votes needed. It's a scam and a waste of energy to spend so much time arguing about it, especially to a guy who can barely form a coherent thought like Stewball. Also, voter fraud is incredibly easy to do. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/3 ... -john-fund http://hubpages.com/hub/4-Reasons-Why-Y ... snt-Matter http://americablog.com/2015/08/mathemat ... icans.html

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.” - Mark Twain

I think this is an exaggeration. Historically speaking, a lot of American presidents have had influence over their nation's politics and their position in office has had undoubted influence over their nation. Even Obama, for as much as congress undermines his decisions, has had influence over many foreign matters such as in the recent normalization of relations with Cuba and the American response to ISIS.

I don't think I'll bother arguing the legitimacy of voting, though. That one is a bit icky and ultimately irrelevant to me anyway since I'm not even allowed to vote.