Spectre

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Spectre

Post by Stewball »

Weakest opening I can remember with it's one-trick-pony helo acro stuff. How many, including other Bond movies, have dwelt on the Day of the Dead, not to mention films using it in the title. (We could probably make a forum thread out of it.) The music from the uninspired opening credits number to the boilerplate "action enhancement" strings was noticeable only because it was so unremarkable. And call me jaded, but this is Hollywood, and there are a lot better looking actresses than Léa Seydoux with her nepotistic pedigree. Yes there were a few good parts, and I really wanted to like this, but for the most part it's just a tepid exercise in robotic square filling. Sad to say but if this is the best they can do with $200 mil, then maybe it's time to lay this franchise to rest *gasp*. 6/10

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Re: Spectre

Post by Pickpocket »

Nice to see that they are casting women as Bond girls that are nearly as old as my mom

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Pickpocket wrote:Nice to see that they are casting women as Bond girls that are nearly as old as my mom

That reminds me (somehow), in the opening sequence with Bond in a skeleton tux for the Day of the Dead stuff, it shows him (or somebody) from behind going up some stairs, and I swear s/he moves like a woman in that shot. It's full screen and they dwelled on it. Either that or Craig is a tranny.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Stewball wrote:
Pickpocket wrote:Nice to see that they are casting women as Bond girls that are nearly as old as my mom

That reminds me (somehow), in the opening sequence with Bond in a skeleton tux for the Day of the Dead stuff, it shows him (or somebody) from behind going up some stairs, and I swear s/he moves like a woman in that shot. It's full screen and they dwelled on it. Either that or Craig is a tranny.

Maybe he's preparing for Jane Bond

Stewball
2188 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Pickpocket wrote:Maybe he's preparing for Jane Bond

I could be wrong, but I don't think transsexual reconstruction involves the hips. But hey, that could pump some needed life into the franchise. Double oh 69. 8-)

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Stewball wrote:

I could be wrong, but I don't think transsexual reconstruction involves the hips. But hey, that could pump some needed life into the franchise. Double oh 69. 8-)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens ... Craig.html

I said that off hand but it looks like it's actually a real thing. I like how all the choices to play Jane all look like men with one actually being accused of being transsexual (Michelle Obama)

Velvet Crowe
2601 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

Pickpocket wrote:
Stewball wrote:

I said that off hand but it looks like it's actually a real thing. I like how all the choices to play Jane all look like men with one actually being accused of being transsexual (Michelle Obama)

I think it's funnier how one suggestion is a Muslim women whose only claim to fame is being a baker.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Pickpocket wrote:
Stewball wrote:

Thanks for that. One of the funniest and most insane things I have ever read. And that's saying tons, considering the state of the SJW suicidal mental disease.

martryn
1993 Ratings

Post by martryn »

Did they have to throw in the personal connection between Bond and the villain? That felt so contrived.

I guess I'd rate this above Quantum of Solace if only because it seems more memorable, but it was full of stupid shit. I don't care who you are, you're not shooting down a helicopter from the back of a speeding boat a quarter mile away. With a pistol. SO FUCKING STUPID.

Admirable effort from the cast, and some very breathtaking Bond sequences / locales, but otherwise a complete disappointment.