Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
bowfinger
2839 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by bowfinger »

Gone With the Wind 2.

MacSwell
2722 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Here's another. To show a still of any of the main actors' faces would be a dead giveaway, so I'll add one next should nobody guess correctly.

Jerky
6163 Ratings

Post by Jerky »

bercutio wrote:Gone With the Wind 2.

I see what you did there....and I like it!

MacSwell
2722 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

Why that's my facial expression 98% of the time when I give this thread a shot.

dardan
1637 Ratings

Post by dardan »

Aaron Eckhart? in ...

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Attempting to sleuth this one seeing as nobody seems to have much of a clue currently ...

We know it stars Aaron Eckhart, it's got characters who dress like they are in a western, and Maaxwell thought the film was better than expectation.

The latter rules out a lot of Aaron Eckhart's filmography (I'm looking at you, 'I, Frankenstein' and 'Battle: Los Angeles' ;) ) and I know it's not any of the AE films I've seen which reduces it further. Of the others, a quick look at their synopsis and the most likely one that fits the suggestion of the 'western' aesthetic is 'The Missing' (2003) which is described as a 'revisionist western thriller' on Wikipedia. It stars Tommy Lee Jones and Cate Blanchett and was also directed by Ron Howard so the potential for quality is also there.

So 'The Missing' is my longshot educated guess

MacSwell
2722 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

The Missing it is not.

It's not a western and it begins in contemporary Kansas (before moving on to LA).

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

More sleuthing tells me this is Nurse Betty.

But I have to say, if a week old question, with 3 visual clues and additional hints still requires us to sleuth it, than somewhere along the way this got really boring, and the thread unquestionably suffers. In my opinion, 3 -4 days should be it for any given movie, with more frequent posts (at least a shot every 24 hrs) depending on how hard it is. Just my 2 cents.

MacSwell
2722 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Nurse Betty is correct.

I agree that I should have been more forthcoming with images. One every 24 hours is a good guideline to follow in future to prevent the game becoming dull and drawn-out.

As for Nurse Betty, I thought it would be more obvious given that it's relatively recent, not to mention the speed with which more obscure films are often recognized. I'd recommend it to anybody who's not seen it - it's one of the only times I've not found watching Renée Zellweger to be a complete chore.

Over to you, Bercutio.