12 Angry Men
Amazon Prime VideoAmazon VideoApple TVfuboTVMGM Plus Amazon ChannelGoogle Play Movies
Vudu
12-Angry-Men

12 Angry Men

1957
Drama, Crime
In a New York City jury room, 12 jurors must deliberate the guilt or innocence of a teenager accused of murdering his father. The evidence against the boy seems overwhelming, but one juror, Juror 8, is not convinced. He begins to challenge the other jurors' assumptions and to point out flaws in the evidence. As the debate rages, the jurors are forced to confront their own biases and prejudices.
Franchise: Twelve Angry Men
Hoopla
Pluto TV
Freevee
MGM Plus Roku Premium Channel

A group of jurors examine a case of a teenage boy murdering his father. All but one of the jurors say the boy is guilty. Will this one juror be able to convice the jury that the boy is innocent? The movie asks us - " how far will you go to save one human being?". This movie is a treat to this world. It's overly clever, the script and acting were astounding, but it is also sad, for when you see the way some jurors really don't care for the lives of others. I recommend this to all.
If you told me beforehand that a decade old, dialog-laden movie, trapped inside a single room could magically hold my attention for more than a mere 5 minutes, I would have questioned your sanity (seeing how easily bored I am). Alas, I was completely wrong. This is one hell of a cinematic masterpiece, nay; a timeless, sociological accomplishment, as tackling primordial themes like peer pressure and the responsibility to question authority are more relevant than ever. Defines "essential viewing".
On the twelfth day of deliberations, my lawyer gave to me...
Thoroughly fascinating by any standard, amazingly so for a movie mostly taking place in just one room. Reginald Rose's writing is superb: He characterizes with utmost care and never looks down on anyone, the conversation is masterfully conceived and strewn with delicate humor. Great acting across the board. To me as a foreigner, this movie is also a good example of how screwed-up two aspects of the American judicial system are: The jury system and the death penalty.
12 Angry Men is a 100% delightful courtroom Drama that's intensely gripping tight on every level of filmmaking, including acting, script, premise, characters and of course, entertainment value. It has held up really well over the years too. Overall this is a powerhouse dialogue-driven classic, that's easily one of the greatest movies ever.

Submitted bykingcheebakingcheeba on 18 Mar 2006