Amazon Prime VideoAmazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store
Hoopla
1984-1984
1984-1984

Romance, Drama
George Orwell's novel of a totalitarian future society in which a man whose daily work is rewriting history tries to rebel by falling in love. (imdb)
Amazon Prime VideoAmazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store
Tubi TV
Kanopy
The Roku Channel
Hoopla

Well, this was a barrel of laughs. I’d like to see the version with the non-Eurythmics score, although I’ll not rush to do so. My pal told me that they once showed this in English class at school; another lad got an erection during one of the nude scenes and this has not been forgotten in the intervening c. 30 years.
Grim, frightening and without hope. Considering the dense source material I was impressed with the adaptation, even if a lot of the details had to be left out.
What horror! People, discouraged to think for themselves, indoctrinated to blind obedience by omnipresent displays, which bring nothing but altered truths, manipulative clips and systemic propaganda to their eyes. Indifference on everyone's faces, nobody talks to or even registers another, except for superficial glances and unavoidable interactions. And the clothing! Ridiculous! Ok, ok, you got me. I forgot what the movie's about, so I thought I might as well tell you about my last subway ride.
Loyal adaptation which contains most of the important plot points and aesthetics of the novel. What it lacks is that book's heart, impact and detail. I'd recommend it as it can be quite intriguing for fans and newbies alike, but the book is just so much better and successful.
A decent adaptation, it captures a great deal of the atmosphere in the novel but it still has some flaws.
Avg Percentile 57.28% from 1989 total ratings