2005
Romance
It takes some people years to fall in love at first sight. A Lot Like Love is a romantic comedy about destiny, connection and the frequently fuzzy line between chance and friendships and happily ever after. (Touchstone Pictures)

2005
Romance

A lot like crap would have been a more appropriate title.
Rated 01 Apr 2009
I got this for my date, sadly she fell asleep 20 minutes into it, even more sad is i continued to watch it. You want a cookie-cutter romantic flick? Here it is! Memorable scenes include Peet and Kutcher running around a sushi bar spitting water at each other, and Kutcher sticking straws up his nose (funny?). One falls in love with the other but then the other has to move, or is in a relationship. They don't live in the same damn town. Every romantic film trick is used in this. Be warned.
Rated 17 Jul 2021
rvw
Rated 26 Feb 2007
A surprisingly fresh romantic comedy.
Rated 01 Jan 2017
A lightweight romantic, comedy, drama. Could have been better with storyline.
Rated 27 Mar 2014
Different way of relashionship, I love this movie. They are always there for each other, this is like really frienship set on fire.
Rated 27 Jul 2012
Amanda Peet was nice. Mr. Kutcher not so.
Rated 21 Oct 2011
Rated 11 Sep 2011
Simply one of the best modern romances since Before Sunrise. Stylish and high budget as Holywood, soulful and funny as a rom-com allows. Well done all around.
Rated 12 Jun 2011
Quite good ;)
Rated 01 Dec 2010
"Never lives up to the pleasures of its first half, but the filmmakers remain as lovestruck by the story as its characters are with each other." - Ed Gonzalez
Rated 02 Aug 2010
HOW MANY TIMES CAN THE SAME MOVIE BE MADE!??!
Rated 07 Dec 2009
quite good romantic comedy, which isn't very common
Rated 15 Jun 2009
Nice, warm, funny film - all that I expect from a romantic comedy. Good for a lazy evening.
Rated 20 Apr 2009
"Kutcher and Peet make a pretty pair, but struggle to lift this predictable yet oddly sombre romantic drama."
Rated 25 Aug 2008
It is very fool that movie. It has some funny moments, but you know what happens and really happens, you stay with anger them, so boring. And lack chemistry between the couple.
Rated 19 Aug 2008
A little disappointing, has more of an Indie feel than a high-power romance; but if that's your thing I'd recommend it. It has several great laughs.
Rated 08 Mar 2008
I like this movie just because of main actor and actress - they go together and the whole movie raises and falls with them.
Rated 12 Jan 2008
Pretty smart, just cute enough, not very funny, but I liked the characters and didn't hate the plot.
Rated 26 Nov 2007
Humble, smooth and subtle beyond my expectations...
Like the theme of the movie, it's a lot like many other love stories you're seen before, but with good chemistry and some surprisingly smart and profound moments, A Lot Like Love manages to overcome conventions with infectious charm and underlying sweetness.
A solid romantic comedy, with some good laughs, and a simple well told story. Peet and Kutcher have strong chemistry.
Avoid it!
I gave this movie a chance on cable, and I was pleasantly surprised. A movie that shows how a couple's relationship evolves over the years, as time, distance, and other loves come between them. Not a big fan of Amanda Peet or Ashton Kutcher, but I really liked this movie anyway.
Rated 12 May 2007
Not excellent by any account, but a believable and surprisingly down to earth film. Neither Amanda Peet or Ashton Kutcher are excellent actors, but their personalities are adept for this sort of movie. It lacks the pretension evident in so many other Hollywood rom-coms and the script is sweet and concise. Really better than it has any right to be.