2024
Sci-fi
A woman fights for survival during an alien invasion in New York City. (Rotten Tomatoes)

2024
Sci-fi

Rated 05 Jul 2024
A very stressful movie for Frodo fans
Rated 28 Jun 2024
should have called it ‘A Quiet Place: That Darn Cat’. there’s nothing about this movie I would call bad, necessarily, but the writing and filmmaking is so completely unexceptional and there isn’t a single scene or even moment I would call “great”. despite this, it still does at least feel like it was made by actual people, and not some sort of franchise machine. just people who aren’t really all that great at this. the cat really was amazing, though. kitty is my friend
Rated 01 Jul 2024
Day One is a functional & competent film on most of the important levels. Between the cinematography, performances, and effects, it’s right there with its predecessors. However, it’s incredibly bland for any sort of artistic flare or presence. It’s relatively tame & safe in its whole approach. This story, while fine and overall pretty solid, is just not what I would expect with this talent involved. Its lack of ambition is disappointing, but it’s still a very solid entry to this world.
Rated 02 Jul 2024
Didn't feel like I ever got a good grip on Quinn's character beyond him being susceptible to panic; we're clearly supposed to see more in him than that, but what exactly that is I couldn't say (even on the poster, I can't figure out what he's supposed to be conveying). And as for Nyong'o character, I don't think the groundwork for her last-act decisions are laid well-enough to make them at all satisfying (and on that note, I think the final shot of the film, while cool, isn't really earned).
Rated 03 Jul 2024
Finely acted considering they couldn't talk for most of the film. I wish there was more dialogue. Seemed formulaic by now---creeping slowly, jump scare, escape, brief talking, repeat. I hated the choice to go down into a subway station with a flashlight. That damn cat. Why did the dude keep his tie on the whole time? Not sure why they couldn't all have escaped. For all she knows, civilization is fine elsewhere. Fav scene: sending the kids to the ferry, so we can ditch their plot armor.
Rated 02 Jul 2024
Ceux qui disent que c'est le meilleur des trois, désolé mais vous avez des goûts de merde, pas de débat possible. La substance émotionnelle de ce film m'apparaît très mièvre à côté de la famille. Les deux acteurs ne sont pas au niveau des enjeux dramatiques, le chat est le personnage le plus marquant. La transition après l'invasion est ridicule, ils connaissent déjà tout des créatures. Reste une excellente bande-son, et des scènes de poursuite très bien filmées. Emily revient s'il te plait!
Rated 20 Jul 2024
Pussy was not wet enough.
Rated 15 Jul 2024
2024'de #IzlediğimFilmler ; 164. A Quiet Place: Day One Bardağın dolu tarafına odaklanınca bu filmi sevmeme birçok sebep var. Kızımla birlikte izledik, Lupita ve Joseph Quinn harikalar, nefis kedi sekansları var, dram ve korku dozu da yerinde. Devamı gelsin! 8/10
Rated 07 Jul 2024
A slower, more methodical turn on the franchise that recognizes its biggest strengths are characters you invest in and stories with meaning. Not perfect, but the performances more than cover for the disappointment of limited chaos and iffy logic.
Rated 06 Jul 2024
That cat was more interesting than the main characters...
Rated 05 Jul 2024
A solid after destruction science fiction flick. A special points for the use of an animal in the storyline. But. The story did not give anything new for the saga. Any of the human characters did not offer new for the story. And the scare jumps. I hate them because they are a cheap way to run the story.
Rated 05 Jul 2024
No lulls or low lows in this entertaining prequel that is carried well by the main acting trio (Nyong'o, Quinn and their furry friend).
Rated 05 Jul 2024
Lupita is so good. Frodo was great as well.
Rated 03 Jul 2024
It doesn't really do anything the first two didn't, but it's still pretty good, with plenty of thrills and character work. Speaking of, Nyong'o is of course brilliant, but I was surprised by Quinn; maybe his "stranger things" role being annoying wasn't on him.
Rated 12 Jul 2024
It doesn't bring anything new to the table. How they eat is a nice detail but irrelevant. The big city is a new settings for the concept, but it isn't really used. The movie is full of potential but doesn't really deliver. It is rather beautiful but eventually, it's quite empty.
Rated 01 Jul 2024
Not as good or as gripping as the 1st two editions but not bad either. Cinematography, direction, acting, production, .. all great. But the story and script not so much. A bit hard to feel a lot of empathy with the 2 main leads due to how they were written. Nothing really to make you go Wow but also nothing to make you go Meeh.. Wouldn't ask for my money back.
audiovisual 65 acting 56 overall feeling 60 avg 60
Rated 30 Jun 2024
I thought this was a really good prequel story. Filled in nicely. Good action. It also leaves room for a sequel to this to fill in more.
Rated 30 Jun 2024
Tried the gimmicky D-box seats at the local cinema for the first time. They work especially well for this type of movie. It's not something I'll use almost ever, but we're glad we tried them here. Great tension and sound design. Lupita was fantastic. Enjoyed El Gato's starting role immensely as well. Solid 7.3.
Rated 30 Jun 2024
Beautiful acting by Nyongo and Quinn in a brisk yet heartfelt disaster movie. Both possess great expresiveness in their faces and it really draws your eyes to the screen. Also some of the best cat acting you'll ever see
Rated 28 Jun 2024
The film often plays fast and loose with its own rules, but it remains well-made, entertaining, and emotionally impactful. The Quiet Place franchise continues to offer exceptional performances from its leading actors. In this case, Lupita Nyong'o and the planet's most patient and well-behaved cat.
Rated 28 Jun 2024
imma go ahead and spoil it, the cat survives. but you knew that from the first moment on, so there's that.
Rated 26 Jun 2024
Cat, pizza and love at the end of the world. A Quiet Place: Day One adds a very different atmosphere to the successful journey of the franchise. It's one of the sweetest horror movies you can watch, and it's also quite dramatic. The destruction of the city and the invasion of monsters are conveyed very well from the perspective of the main characters. Michael Sarnoski's direction was extremely effective and also, Lupita Nyong'o and Joseph Quinn had excellent chemistry.